aberdeen-music

steak quest

fatboy

I have been going around trying out some of the steak on offer in Aberdeen

MONKEY HOUSE

Last weekend i tried out the monkey hoose. I had never been there before and was suprised how posh it looked. we had to wait to be seated very posh. the menu's were'nt made of that weird plastic or laminated, proper paper i tell ye, service was quick and we all ordered the steak. The angle of the giant mirror behind the bar gave the place a weird perspective and must have been a cunt to get in and installed.

the steak arrived about 12 minutes, the right time for you to finish your pint. We got our knife replaced with stirder steak ones and was left to tuck in

12 oz rib eye was juicy and tender and had a beautiful flavor, no sauce was provided and the chips tasted like burger king's, the onion ring(s) were good apart from only having 2. the leafy salad was excessive and i could'nt be arsed wi it

12 for the beauty

monkey house 8/10

REVOLUTION! MMMMMMMMMM

lakeland beef i think its says. 8 oz of cow for 12 notes, nice atmosphere during the day and you can go out for a smoke while your waiting. the seating is a bit awkward as your always within earshot of anyone else which makes it hard for telling racist jokes and such. the steak is offered with a choice of sauces. i picked peppercorn. the chips big and fat and fried to perfection shame there was only about 6 of them and also grilled vine tomatos yumm

lovley steak but they need more chips

7 and a half / 10

CHICAGO ROCK!

tis shite dont go

2/10 (only because we found flasshing skull shaped green specs)

more to follow!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

awesome thread!

canna beat a good steak. Best one I've had in Aberdeen was at the pub/restaurant at the corner of charlotte street, can't remember the name. They have a tendency to over cook so the second time I went I knew to ask for it really rare and it came out perfect.

Here in France if you ask for a rare steak the thing comes to the table still chewin the cud. I like a fair amount of blood but still a nice deep brown sear round the edges. Had a chateau briand from a fancy restaurant here a while ago that was so good I texted two people about it. You know its good when it's text worthy.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Prime Cuts is the absolute best, although it is bloody expensive.

So true. Was there on Saturday. The steak on offer is simply amazing. The chips are also the best chips I've ever tasted, as are the onion rings.

Very very pricey, but it's still value for money cos it tastes so fucking good. :)

awesome thread!

canna beat a good steak. Best one I've had in Aberdeen was at the pub/restaurant at the corner of charlotte street, can't remember the name. They have a tendency to over cook so the second time I went I knew to ask for it really rare and it came out perfect.

Here in France if you ask for a rare steak the thing comes to the table still chewin the cud. I like a fair amount of blood but still a nice deep brown sear round the edges. Had a chateau briand from a fancy restaurant here a while ago that was so good I texted two people about it. You know its good when it's text worthy.

It was the same in Switzerland when I lived there. If you asked for a medium steak, it came nice and brown on the outside but when you cut it open the blood was actually still pumping. So if you asked for a well done steak, and it came burnt to a crisp on the outside, and totally raw in the middle. Them Swiss like their steaks bloody...

I like my stakes medium rare, still pink in the middle but not that completely uncooked chewy pink.

Oh and by the way:

BestThreadEver.jpg

The onion rings are the best chips you've ever tasted?

Worrying.

Ah fuck off you cheeky cunt.

The chips are the best chips I've ever tasted and the onion rings are the best onion rings I've ever tasted!

Happy?

Best steak I've had out was in the City Bar newly renovated, really nice and was quite when we went in around 6pm. Steak was delicious and had a grilled almost BBQ taste to it. You got the offer of Blue Cheese or Pepper sauce (not creamy peppercorn sauce but pepper sauce which was dark and very peppery surprisingly enough!). The chips were HUGE chunky and homemade and came all towered on your plate like Jenga... highly recommend, price was around 12-20 depending on the cut.

I ordered medium-rare and it wasn't too far off, maybe a little more medium than rare tho

I think the real question here is are YOU happy? If you really take a long hard look at your life, can you honestly answer yes?

I am most definitely not happy today. :(

That's because the only steak in this thread...is you.

An insight into the workings of your mind would be interesting to say the least.

the Norwood down in garthdee used to do the best steak and fried egg dinner... mmmm

"Used to" - but the chefs now work at Prime Cuts...