aberdeen-music

Decent pub food

Lemonade

The Globe, or Fusion across the road if you are feeling flush.

I like the Glove for munch, altho they have taken the massive portions of nachos off the menu :(

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

How is the illicit still for food? I didn't know the howff did food.

So never really enjoyed the Illicit Still, think the breakfast having no beasn is wrong (altho not as bad as giving you peas instead which schnecky did!) and the cajun chicken was not my cuppa

Do slains castle still do food? haven't been in since they lost their family licence or something like that, used to be allowed in for food before six:down:

Never been back since they gave me toasted bread with garlic butter on it as garlic bread - laughable!!!

personally like...

Wild Boar (fine n cheap altho I don't think fresh)

Globe (as before)

City Bar (bit pricier than normal pubs)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Glove for munch, altho they have taken the massive portions of nachos off the menu :(

Think they still do them but as a starter with a "go large" option. I've had them a couple of times recently and they are well fine! They're still alive and kicking unless they changed the menu recently.

Think they still do them but as a starter with a "go large" option. I've had them a couple of times recently and they are well fine! They're still alive and kicking unless they changed the menu recently.

I think they still have nacho's but they are not the same by a mile as they used to be :(

I liked the food at Morgan's on Market Street and was gutted when I gave The Gas Lamp a go a couple of months back. Completely underwhelming food (a cold wrap filled with cheap grated mozzarella and cold greasy 'roasted' vegetables that looked like they'd just come out of a tub) at a ridiculous price (6.95?) for what it was.

So don't go there :)

I think they still have nacho's but they are not the same by a mile as they used to be :(

best nachos i ever had was in costa rica. in a pirate bar. they were awesome. nachos here are shit. i had some in illicit still and they were just tortilla chips with a sprinkling of cheese and a wee dollop of salsa. as i was pished they still tasted ace but they weren't really upto standard.

I liked the food at Morgan's on Market Street and was gutted when I gave The Gas Lamp a go a couple of months back. Completely underwhelming food (a cold wrap filled with cheap grated mozzarella and cold greasy 'roasted' vegetables that looked like they'd just come out of a tub) at a ridiculous price (6.95?) for what it was.

So don't go there :)

It's a shame Morgans was one of my fave places to eat, but all is not lost - they now own the City Bar (as mentioned for fantasico steaks in the steak thread) It's a little more epxensive than morgans was, but more of a restuatant (upstairs).

best nachos i ever had was in costa rica. in a pirate bar. they were awesome. nachos here are shit. i had some in illicit still and they were just tortilla chips with a sprinkling of cheese and a wee dollop of salsa. as i was pished they still tasted ace but they weren't really upto standard.

Never been to Cost Rica, seems like a good idea to visit ;)

I might make Nacho's tonight!!

Guest idol_wild

I always find the Illicit Still to serve decent fodder.

But as Bri Fudge already said - the breakfasts are very dry without any beans. I'd avoid the breakfast.

Good lasagane and fajitas.

I regularly go the the bar bit of Chi and get their huge noodle dishes (devine and really light). It'll set you back 7.95 but it's usually relatively quiet, you can avoid the footy and the service is pretty good. Portions are big to boot.

(You can also get burgers etc if you prefer).

Second that tried both their restuarant menu and bar menu and all were good

The Royal Hotel, altho a wee bit dated has superb food and huge portions too

I've heard the food in Korova is good. Apparently it's the old Cafe 52 chefs or something like that. Somebody else might know a bit more than me.

I can confirm that the food at Korova is excellent, I had the fish and chips, which were great and the lemon and honeycomb desert was excellent. If you sit downstairs there's no tv's/big screen

if you only have 3 minutes to eat, i recommend a #2 toastie from the moorings. peanut butter, bacon and maple syrup. done by earl of sandwich. mmmm.

they're simply to die for :)

The problem with that Bri:

Bacon

Peanut butter

Maple syrup

are three things that ought to stay the fuck away from each other.

if you only have 3 minutes to eat, i recommend a #2 toastie from the moorings. peanut butter, bacon and maple syrup. done by earl of sandwich. mmmm.

they're simply to die for :)

I've had 3 seperate folk say that it is amazing, despite their initial fears that it would be disgusting.

I can confirm that bacon and maple syrup are fucking awesome together. Especially on pancakes:love:. I dunno about the peanut butter, but I'd probably give it a try.

Well I love bacon, I love maple syrup and I love Peanut butter ( http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/31549-crunchy-smooth.html - see?), but together? I'm not convinced. I did experiment with fried egg and mango chutney recently, but it was fucking horrible. I threw the sandwich, and the jar of mango chutney in the bin.