aberdeen-music

Decent pub food

Lemonade

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to Society Bar last night for some food.

Whilst the food was actually pretty awesome despite it being a little overpriced, don't expect to get much attention from the staff. They'll also forget about your drinks for a while and not bring you your bill until they've had a good chinwag with their colleagues who they are clearly trying to bang (There was about 5 of them behind the bar tossing cocktail shakers all over the place, getting jiggy and shit).

Not bad though

Slain's seems to be very hit and miss. I've been in for food a few different times. Sometimes the food is nice and the service is good, others the food is terrible. On one ocasion the food was cold and the service was shockingly bad. If I remember correctly, this was a Saturday night. You'd think that they'd make an effort to provide good food and service on a Saturday, it being a busy night for most pubs/bars.

Siberia is quite nice for food but the menu is quite limited. I've never had a bad meal there but the service can be a bit iffy sometimes.

Five does nice food but it is quite pricey.

Also, I've been told Enigma does really nice food. I've been meaning to try it out for a while.

I had a Steak Pie in Ma Camerons once, and it was bland. The filling really didn't taste of anything, and the pastry wasn't stodgey enough. I kind of expect pie to come with stodge as standard, regardless of whether or not stodge is an aquired taste. Like when you order Fish and Chips and you get peas. Peas? I'm eating twice the amount of my recommended caloric intake in one sitting, I think I'll have a spoon of PEAS! What a load of baffling guff.

The food is really good but it's by far the most expensive "pub" food I've had in Aberdeen. It's touching restaurant prices.

Yeah, I had noticed it was pretty expensive but some times, for the odd treat, it's alright paying extra for good food.

@DJ Jo-D: It's been a while since I've been to Five for food, so it might not be as good as it used to be.

I went to Korova for lunch when i was up this weekend. Really nice meal, quite a small menu though. They have just started doing food though so i'd expect they are going to expand.

Was also in Five for a drink. The bar is looking really good, has some real good spirits too. I was told they are getting a refit in the next couple of months, will be good to see what they do with the place.

Ma Cameron's is a bit hit or miss for me. I had rubbish fish and chips in there once, but another time absolutely amazing chili nachos.

Are bassment doing those huge portions of chicken wings again?

We checked out the new Bassment menu. By 'new', the really seem to mean 'we've pretty much taken everything off besides chips. There's fuck all there. Disappointing. They were always good if you wanted a big fuck off portion.

@DJ Jo-D: It's been a while since I've been to Five for food, so it might not be as good as it used to be.

We went last night and the food was good, the menu however was a little disappointing, a few of us decided what I wanted on-line but when we got there most of it was gone or changed! wasn't that keen on most and some that I was keen on had mushrooms (eek!) so opted for a couple of starters - Sauted pot's & Chorizo in a (not that) spicy tom sauce, parsnip wedges and GB....all very delicious

The wine was flowing and the comedy night was a hoot! Weirdly enough tho it's 3 cheaper to get a bottle of wine in Snafu than Five?!