aberdeen-music

Decent pub food

Lemonade

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Where will i get a decent pub meal in the city centre on a Saturday about 5pm? Somewhere quiet, ie no BIG SCREEN SPORT and a bunch of rowdy cunts watching the rugby or with jeff stelling bellowing out the football results in the background.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Aye the globe or ma's seem like good options. At least in the globe there's tables right up the back away from the sport. I'm not a fan of blackfriars, last time i was in there the food was ming and i said i wouldn't go back. How is the illicit still for food? I didn't know the howff did food.

How is the illicit still for food?

I went to the Illicit Still on Wednesday, had a burger that shot grease on my hand and burnt it and then I had to sit through the Dons game with stomach ache...not sure if that was the food though.

Yeah I thought it was good value as well. 8 for a beef pie that resulted in a plate FULL of beef, rather than the massive bit of pastry hiding a few small lumps of meat that I usually expect in a pub.

Ok, it's expensive if you're used to eating in those shit pubs that have "classics" for 2.99. But the quality is far better.

I'd much rather pay what food is worth and get a decent meal than get a bargain that's fucking rank.

Slain's isn't bad for food at all. It's not exactly fine dining, it's just burgers and grill etc, but it's darn tasty and they fill the plate. I ended up at the globe on saturday btw. Got a great meal and pretty cheap. Top marks :up:

really sorry if you like the food in there!

but i`m trying very hard to think of somewhere that serves worse food than there?:down:

get a decent pint though! :up:

i've not been back for food there since they served me a burger in a bun covered in mould. it was fucking disgusting. was a few years ago mind so hopefully they've improved.