aberdeen-music

Your input needed...

The59Sound

Right guys, was wondering if you could help me out with this one.

A friend of mine based in Edinburgh has asked me to write an article on the Aberdeen music scene for a magazine she's involved in down south. I can pretty much approach it from any angle I want and length isn't an issue.

I've got a few ideas kicking around (kind of in the early planning stages at the moment) but I was wondering what you guys thought would need to be included, be it bands, venues, promoters, etc. etc.

Any input appreciated! :up:

Right guys, was wondering if you could help me out with this one.

A friend of mine based in Edinburgh has asked me to write an article on the Aberdeen music scene for a magazine she's involved in down south. I can pretty much approach it from any angle I want and length isn't an issue.

I've got a few ideas kicking around (kind of in the early planning stages at the moment) but I was wondering what you guys thought would need to be included, be it bands, venues, promoters, etc. etc.

Any input appreciated! :up:

That it's a lot better than people make out. Seeing as Aberdeen is so far out of the way for a lot of touring bands, I think we do very well. The likes of IMP, Slanted & Enchanted/ Idolwild Promos, AGP and Nitrogen are so passionate about what they do and get some great acts up here. There are some cracking venues and a decent range of genres.

Also, I think there are quite a few really good local bands and acts; Copy Haha, Little Kicks, My Minds Weapon, Kartta, Cast of the Capital and Debutant to name but a few.

For the size and location of the city I think the 'scene' is good, good, good. :love:

I moved up from Edinburgh in September and have really enjoyed the music (particularly the metal) scene up here in comparison with back home. Just the overall standard of bands going around is pretty excellent here. Only seen one or two bands which i've actually thought, "pants..." since i moved.

x

Definitely. Trying to cover as many bases as possible without the whole thing degenerating into a big list of bands, venues and promoter.

Thanks for the help so far guys. What I'm essentially asking you is how you would like the scene to be perceived by an 'outsider' with little to no knowledge of what's happening up here. I'm not sure how widely circulated the article will be when it's done but still, figured it was a nice chance to get some exposure to some of the many good things going on up here.