aberdeen-music

Endorsements...

unbroken

Guest treader.

Gary from The Unforgiven ('Fingers' on here) told me several stories about him getting endorsements from various different companies.

Maybe fire him a PM?

No, i read Google images.

On a more serious note, i think the best thing to do is get noticed playing/using their gear and or contact the PR department of the company you're interested in endorsing the products of.

yeah I have just done that, very helpful fella too =)

Bring Me The Horizon seem to have an endorsement from every great musical equipment company under the sun. So, I think you need to be part of a group of insufferable transvestites. It would probably help if you absolutely raped every spectrum of alternative music, forming an extreme mashup of unlistenable guff.

Or just wear a Peavey tshirt whilst performing the preliminary rounds of a Battle Of The Bands

Once upon a time I was endorsed by Highland Spring water and a rake of Table Tennis companies, when I was good at Table Tennis many years ago.

I contacted the PR department of said organisations with a personalised letter which outlined who I was, what I was doing and how sponsorship would help me achieve my future goals and targets. Most got back to me very quickly with a lot of free gear :)

• 2 weeks later...

Depends who you want to get endorsed by.

Generally speaking, companies want a description of your band and what you have done, and plan to achieve. They will want promo shots of you sporting your gear both live and professional shoots. They want to know what gear or discounts you want from them.

And they want to know you are the right person to endorse by putting accross a great attitude to their company etc etc.

You can usually find a link for endorsments on the companies websites.

• 2 weeks later...
Depends who you want to get endorsed by.

Generally speaking, companies want a description of your band and what you have done, and plan to achieve. They will want promo shots of you sporting your gear both live and professional shoots. They want to know what gear or discounts you want from them.

And they want to know you are the right person to endorse by putting accross a great attitude to their company etc etc.

You can usually find a link for endorsments on the companies websites.

THIS is the reason why I'm so confused that Dave Mustaine still gets any endorsements at all!

But everything else you've said sounds spot on for what needs to be done for an endorsement.

I'd love an ESP endorsement but i would probably continue to play LTD because although described as the squire or epiphone of ESP, they are fantastic guitars none the less and i would not be able to justify having such expensive fancy guitars like ESP, LTD do me fine:up: still expensive as fuck though for a top of the range!

The idea of endoresments is for discount prices in exchange for promotion of the company.

However, who those interested, some amplification companies will lend you a head for a tour, but you have to pay to send it back after the tour is finished.

how would you get an address or phone number for the PR dept. of a company?

Usually just on the website dude,

Usually there are two levels of endorsements, full endorsement where you get all your gear for free with worldwide support. And trade endorsement where you can buy gear at trade price, usually from a retailer chosen by the company who's endorsing you.

To qualify for most endorsements you need to be in a high profile position where the gear you're endorsing is getting maximum exposure, i.e. live gigs etc. Some companies also insist you advertise they're products as much as possible. In the case of Zildjian cymbals for example, they ask you to place a Zildjian logo on your front bass drum head, and wear Zildjian t-shirts etc at press confrences etc.