aberdeen-music

Street View UK - Now in Aberdeen

Lonz

Been trying to work out when these were taken.

Going past the Fire Station on Anderson Drive shows the new station is still under construction (Fire Station N Anderson Drive - Google Maps) and according to the GFRS website the station was officially opened on the 8th Dec 2008.

From memory i'm fairly sure it was opened pretty quickly after being completed so i'm guessing these pics must be from around Oct 08. Anyone got any other rough estimates?

Going past the Fire Station on Anderson Drive shows the new station is still under construction (Fire Station N Anderson Drive - Google Maps) and according to the GFRS website the station was officially opened on the 8th Dec 2008.

From memory i'm fairly sure it was opened pretty quickly after being completed so i'm guessing these pics must be from around Oct 08. Anyone got any other rough estimates?

Yeah roundabout October, the portacabins went in November

Yeah, by the state of the new station, you are about right ( I work for GFRS and spent plenty time taking photos of the new station, I will check and get a more accurate date)

I found myself parking my car outside my house. It's well spooky like.

Yup, middle/latter third of last year would be my guess - Again, construction work at the end of my road gave it away.

I see they have updated the Aberdeen aerial photos as well - For the last couple of years, I have had a very impressive looking washing on the line in my garden, which is gone now.

Guest treader.

I've given up trying to find streets/houses etc.

I'm trying to find me. On a map of the ENTIRE WORLD, I'm trying to pinpoint myself.

Am I at work?! At Home? Walking around town!? I guess...I will never fucking know. Ever.

Guest treader.

I've already found one car registration they haven't blanked out. It's remarkably close to Teabags' brother although...I doubt those two facts are related.

I'm trying to find me. On a map of the ENTIRE WORLD, I'm trying to pinpoint myself.

Am I at work?! At Home? Walking around town!? I guess...I will never fucking know. Ever.

I figure where my car is will probably give away my location.

My car isn't parked at my old flat, or at my girlfriends, so it'll probably either be at my new flat or at my work, but I can't check because they haven't done the city centre yet. Lazy cunts.

Looks like they've only got the a few European countries, US, Australia and Japan. They should do some more, I feel like exploring.