aberdeen-music

Calderwood

Guest Bob

Lot of respect for the job the man's done at Aberdeen over the years but results like this are beginning to wear a little thin. He was entirely at fault tonight; he picked the wrong team, set them out to play the wrong kind of game and even fluffed up the substitutions.

My main concern would be just who the hell we'd get in to replace him...

Fucks sake...QoS last season, now Dunfermline.

I haven't been paying attention, did the SFA change the rules so that a 1st division team can't get into Europe if they lose in the cup final?

If not, then given that Falkirk look on their way down...we'll have a 1st division team in Europe for the 4th year in a row. Ridicuous!

I haven't been paying attention, did the SFA change the rules so that a 1st division team can't get into Europe if they lose in the cup final?

If not, then given that Falkirk look on their way down...we'll have a 1st division team in Europe for the 4th year in a row. Ridicuous!

The rules haven't change. We'll have our token diddy team in that won 4 or 5 games in the Cup then got hammered by Rangers in the final.

Put your money on them then getting beat by a bunch of part time Faroe Island / Norwegian / Icelandic fishermen & puffin fanciers in August.

Lot of respect for the job the man's done at Aberdeen over the years but results like this are beginning to wear a little thin. He was entirely at fault tonight; he picked the wrong team, set them out to play the wrong kind of game and even fluffed up the substitutions.

My main concern would be just who the hell we'd get in to replace him...

yeah i feel exactly the same, he has done a great job for the best part but these results cannot keep happening every season.

You'd probably see it differently if you supported a 1st division team. Or, if you had reached the cup final I'm sure you'd be quite happy to take a UEFA place next season.

Regardless of its validity, the rule is there, everyone knows about it and it should be added incentive to get to the final. I find it quite amusing that people piss and moan about it; the beauty of cup competitions is that anyone is capable of getting to the final, that's the whole premise.

It's hardly the fault of lower division clubs that the Old Firm hold a complete monopoly on the top two places in the league, leaving the cup runners up with a UEFA spot. The simple solution for you would be to beat the lower teams. If you can't manage that and you can't finish high enough in the SPL, then you don't deserve a spot in Europe. Simples.

don't really know what to think of this. I dont hate Calderwood and think he has done well but totally agree he got it wrong last night. I mean i fucking cringed at some of the choices he made..dont even get me started on Langfields tash...

But i dont think he'll get sacked but he'll walk in the summer. There aint much more he can do here and the majority of the fans fucking hate him.

You'd probably see it differently if you supported a 1st division team. Or, if you had reached the cup final I'm sure you'd be quite happy to take a UEFA place next season.

Regardless of its validity, the rule is there, everyone knows about it and it should be added incentive to get to the final. I find it quite amusing that people piss and moan about it; the beauty of cup competitions is that anyone is capable of getting to the final, that's the whole premise.

It's hardly the fault of lower division clubs that the Old Firm hold a complete monopoly on the top two places in the league, leaving the cup runners up with a UEFA spot. The simple solution for you would be to beat the lower teams. If you can't manage that and you can't finish high enough in the SPL, then you don't deserve a spot in Europe. Simples.

I thought it brilliant that Jim White couldn't keep the smile off his face once the game was over, he was almost pissing himself laughing after every question he asked Charlie Nicholas.

For everyone who still thinks Aberdeen are a big club, you're wrong, Aberdeen ain't famous anymore. Last night just proved how Pish they actually are. A diddy team playing in a diddy league

Guest idol_wild

I entirely agree with this.

For everyone who still thinks Aberdeen are a big club, you're wrong, Aberdeen ain't famous anymore. Last night just proved how Pish they actually are. A diddy team playing in a diddy league

I also agree with this, really. Though I don't think anyone actually thinks Aberdeen is a famous and big club anymore. Apart from, perhaps, a few of the players and, of course, Jimmy Calderwood, who keeps banging on about how famous and big the club is.

I'm just still amazed that the Aberdeen fans expected to successfully defeat Dunfermline last night. A defeat was on the cards from the moment Dunfermline equalised in the first game at East End. In fact, it was on the cards since the draw was made. It also amazed me that so many Aberdeen fans saw the draw and started to look towards the final. The same happened last season with the Queen of the South game. Let's face it, if it wasn't Dunfermline last night, it would have been Falkirk in the semi-final that embarrassed the club. Thanks, probably, to a last minute Steve Lovell scissor-kick from 40 yards or something.

Aberdeen Football Club is no longer capable of functioning when expectation rises. That fact has been thrown in the faces of supporters for as long as I can remember.

I entirely agree with this.

I also agree with this, really. Though I don't think anyone actually thinks Aberdeen is a famous and big club anymore. Apart from, perhaps, a few of the players and, of course, Jimmy Calderwood, who keeps banging on about how famous and big the club is.

I'm just still amazed that the Aberdeen fans expected to successfully defeat Dunfermline last night. A defeat was on the cards from the moment Dunfermline equalised in the first game at East End. In fact, it was on the cards since the draw was made. It also amazed me that so many Aberdeen fans saw the draw and started to look towards the final. The same happened last season with the Queen of the South game. Let's face it, if it wasn't Dunfermline last night, it would have been Falkirk in the semi-final that embarrassed the club. Thanks, probably, to a last minute Steve Lovell scissor-kick from 40 yards or something.

Aberdeen Football Club is no longer capable of functioning when expectation rises. That fact has been thrown in the faces of supporters for as long as I can remember.

I agree we aren't the same club we were in the 80's and early 90's but if we start having such a lack of ambition that we can't beat an ageing team lying 7th in a league below us then i would start worrying.

We should beat Dunfermilne every day of the week - they were not a good team - QOS last year wernt a bad team. The Pars are shite....

Full of Rejects...Scott Thompson? 3 fucking 7....Aluoko and that we shite Bebo should be running rings round them although it did look like they were playing on a beach.

Ok we're not in the Fergie era now and probably never will be but this was a GREAT chance to at least get to the final to play one of the worst Rangers teams in years.

I fucking love the dons haha!

I think JC has done a good job in turning the club around considering where we were when he took over. BUT, we could be doing a hell of a lot better WITH that same squad if it wasn't for him incessantly playing players out of position, picking a stupid starting XI, playing the wrong tactics etc etc etc. I've totally lost faith in him after last night when it was obvious to 15,000 at Pittodire that his tactics weren't working but he still stuck with it for 120 minutes. Also he seems to think that any of his midfield or defensive players can play at Right Wing, Left Wing, Left Back, Centre Back, Right Back and Central Mid. He keeps playing playrsr out of position and then wondering why they are shit. Hmmmm, I've got an idea, perhaps if you weren't playing right backs in central midfield, right wingers at left back, and left wingers up front we might be doing better....

Also it galls that when we lose games the players look like they simply don't care. Isn't he supposed to be motivating them? Ricky Foster last night looked like he just wasn't interested, every time he passed the ball you could almost see him shrug his shoulders and go "aye, that'll do", then he just stood still and watched.

I would like to see him pack his backs, but as mentioned above, who are we going to get to replace him? We'll end up with somebody totally shit like Bobby Williamson or Craig Brewster. The only person I would take from the SPL would be Levein and there's no way he would come. I'm sure somebody will mention Mark McGhee, but really what's he done? He had one good season at Motherwell, if it wasn't for the fact he was a Gothenburg great the fans wouldn't want him. It's purely for nostalgia rather than that he's a good manager. John Collins is still out of a job I suppose.

The change takes effect from next season, and isn't confined to lower league clubs.

About time. It's nice and romantic seeing a 1st division team in Europe - but equally so, it's wrecking Scotland's coefficient to have all these small teams getting hammered in Europe.

Having said this, our bigger teams either do Scotland justice or do terribly.

I thought it brilliant that Jim White couldn't keep the smile off his face once the game was over, he was almost pissing himself laughing after every question he asked Charlie Nicholas.

Go on then, I'll bite - who do you support? Or are you just one of those Aberdonians who delights in the Dons' failures?

Not that I disagree with the second part of your post (although nobody really believes that, it's a Glasgow press-created fallacy designed to make us look like cunts).

It's started...

Just landed in my inbox

Dear Aberdeen Football Club

On Wednesday of last week I purchased 2 Adult tickets for the Scottish Cup replay between Aberdeen FC and the mighty Dunfermline Athletic. Having attended the fixtures against Bayern Munich, Copenhagen, East Fife, Manchester United (friendly), Fraserburgh (friendly), Liverpool (friendly) and Everton (friendly) in recent years it goes without saying that the chance to see Dunfermline, possibly one of Europes mightiest and most feared names, was an opportunity not to be missed. You can appreciate that finding the 21 (including a 1 booking fee) to buy two tickets was incredibly difficult given the current economic predicament our country finds itself in. I not only had to take on a second and third job, I also had to indulge in a wide variety of criminal activity (mugging old ladies, stealing from my friends, playing for Aberdeen Football Club and sending my sister out to work the streets) in order to come up with the required amount. When the tickets eventually hit my doormat its safe to say I was so excited I nearly succumbed to a mild strokeI was going to see the Athletic play at Pittodrie in the SCOTTISH CUP!! How could I have been so lucky? Forget your Euro Millions.this was my dream ticket!!

Sadly this brings me on to the reason for troubling such a busy and professionally run club such as yourself..basically I am requiring a full refund (including the 1 booking fee). Having endured what can only be described as one of the dullest, most limp-wristed, spineless, wet-pantied performances I have ever had the displeasure of viewing in nearly 27 years of being a living breathing human being I would say that a refund is fully justified. I can back up my claim by quoting you a definition of the word entertainment (football is supposedly a branch of entertainment after all);

entertainment (ntr-tnmnt)

n.

1. The act of entertaining.

2. The art or field of entertaining.

3. Something that amuses, pleases, or diverts, especially a performance or show.

4. The pleasure afforded by being entertained; amusement: The comedian performed for our entertainment.

5. Archaic Maintenance; support.

6. Obsolete Employment.

Please can you tell me at what stage during last nights proceedings were any of the above applicable? Would you classify any of the following as entertainment?

Darren Mackie chasing the shadow of his imaginary friend all night the poor confused mind of Darren has an inherent suspicion of space and time. To Darren, space is a sinister creation of evil minds that are determined to imprison his precious talent.

Jamie Langfield kicking like hed suddenly developed multiple sclerosis he seemed to have it in for two people in particular (Main Stand just above the dug out on half way and South Stand beside the fence). Was he auditioning for the new series of Groundforce? He accompanied each successful touchfinder with a spot of landscape gardening around his box. Last night Jamie was a cross between Stephen Hawking, Bill Oddie and Alan Titsmarsh.

Two Professional footballers wilting under moderate pressure and missing penalties in front of their own fans. If Angus the Bull can smash them in why cant they? Angus wears silly wee foam boots and still rockets them into the bottom corner!? Perhaps Tricky Ricky Richard Foster experiments with other forms of penalty footwear in future such as flip flops, clogs, hiking boots or flippers Exactly what is he doing here? Clearly hes been spending too much time with Titters, Langers and Odders.

Watching a six foot turd in a black and white shirt wandering about at half time Dunfermlines mascot looks like the result of a nasty and painful trip to the little boys room. Why was he given permission to encroach on to the field of play?

The entire matinee performance of Charlie Mulgrew. For a man of such promising physical stature why is it that opponents half his size and build continuously outmuscle and outjump him? Ive seen a tin of sweetcorn stick up for itself with greater authority.

Our gameplan. Physics is a wonderful and noble field and has been blessed by such greats as Newton, Einstein and Galileo. These leviathans of history have given us theories on relativity, laws of gravity and kinematicsnow step forward Sir Jimmy of Calderwood. Clearly Sir Jimmy believes he can defy the laws of physics and has stumbled upon a new branch. The theory of relativity states that E=MC2 where basically speaking energy equals mass multiplied by the speed of light. Sir Jimmy disproves this theory by stating that G=M2xLB/T.basically goals equals Mackie squared multiplied by the long ball divided by the tombola. The laws of gravity do not exist in the Land of Jimmy. Gravitational forces do not effect strikers measuring 6 feet or less therefore balls rocketed skyward can be controlled and cushioned at any point during the balls trajectory. This eliminates the opposition selecting aging tall donkeys to mark our strikers.

A more appropriate definition of last nights action is as follows;

torture (trchr)

n.

a. Infliction of severe physical pain as a means of punishment or coercion.

b. An instrument or a method for inflicting such pain.

2. Excruciating physical or mental pain; agony: the torture of waiting in suspense.

3. Something causing severe pain or anguish.

tr.v. tortured, torturing, tortures

1. To subject (a person or an animal) to torture.

2. To bring great physical or mental pain upon (another). See Synonyms at afflict.

3. To twist or turn abnormally; distort: torture a rule to make it fit a case.

Under the terms of the Geneva Convention torture is illegal. For your benefit (as a SPL club Im sure youll be unaware of the Geneva Convention) I have included the relevant passages which do prove that you were in breach of this convention and as such in breach of the terms of contract on the ticket I purchased.

. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria. can you honestly say Aberdeen fans were treated humanely last night? A bullet to the brain would have been preferential to watching Mackie et al. Just because were Aberdeen supporters doesnt mean we should be discriminated against.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture; - last nights performance ticks all these boxes.

(b) Taking of hostages; - I admit to attending of my own free will last night but was then held hostage for 120 minutes.

© Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular, humiliating and degrading treatment; - Watching Bertrand Bossu warming classifies as humiliating and degrading treatment

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples. Sir Jimmy Saville Calderwood cannot be recognized as an indispensable civilized person if he continues to rule that Darren Mackie is innocent of crimes against the art of striking.

2. The wounded and sick shall be collected and cared for. although AFC employ what appears to be a small army of paramedics they offered me no care or attention in my hour of need. I appreciate that the paramedics are extremely busy discussing the latest episodes of Eastenders with the on duty Police, ensuring their high visibility uniforms and helmets are well turned out for the cameras and keeping their extremely expensive stretchers free from blood and mud but surely they could respond to emergencies slightly faster. What sort of injuries merit their assistance? Decapitations? Loss of limbs? Bullet wounds? I guess there is a potential for all such serious injuries given JCs predilection for football of mass destruction.

Please do not take my request for a refund as the veiled rantings of an angry and bitter supporter. I have long since given up hope that our club will return to its rightful place. The aim of this letter was to try and recoup some of my hard earned money so that I can pursue other avenues of entertainment that would surpass what I witnessed last night. For 20 I could purchase an annual subscription to a stamp collecting magazine AND have enough money left over to buy a big mac or possibly even Darren Mackie (If you are reading this and think that stamp collecting would be preferable to associating yourself with an underperforming football club riddled with cowardice and underachievement then following this link http://www.royalmail.com/portal/stamps/jump1?catId=32200669&mediaId=32300677).

Yours sincerely (expecting his money back).

GBW

P.S. I accept all major and minor credit cards in addition to cash. I should remind you that pretend money will NOT constitute payment of my debt. Furthermore a cheque from Stewart Milne will only be accepted upon completion of the due diligence done on his companies finances.

We should beat Dunfermilne every day of the week - they were not a good team - QOS last year wernt a bad team. The Pars are shite....

Full of Rejects...Scott Thompson? 3 fucking 7

This is the type of sheep-bleating I hate...

Maybe you think you should cuff the DA every day of the week.

You failed.

Twice.

So if we're shite, fuck knows what that makes your mob.

Shite's going to Hampden, you're not.

:up:

This is the type of sheep-bleating I hate...

Maybe you think you should cuff the DA every day of the week.

You failed.

Twice.

So if we're shite, fuck knows what that makes your mob.

Shite's going to Hampden, you're not.

:up:

I think that was kingofdeon's point. Our team, given their reputations and wage packets, should by all rights be able to beat Dunfermline. Problem is they're a shower of overpaid fannies with no bottle about them, who were outplayed and outworked by a Dunfermline side who thoroughly deserved to beat us.

Enjoy it.

I think that was kingofdeon's point. Our team, given their reputations and wage packets, should by all rights be able to beat Dunfermline. Problem is they're a shower of overpaid fannies with no bottle about them, who were outplayed and outworked by a Dunfermline side who thoroughly deserved to beat us.

Enjoy it.

its ok let the little team have their moment :up:

its ok let the little team have their moment :up:

I can't bring myself to say anything like that without feeling like an Old Firm cuntrag banging on about "diddy teams". "Letting them have their moment" also implies that it'll be their only one, whereas we'll be back, which in recent years hasn't exactly been how things have worked out between us and Dunfermline.