aberdeen-music

Sky Sports is a knob.

Lemonade

For those of us who only have council telly it's very annoying watching Sky Sports snap up the rights to everything. The only thing worth watching on BBC and ITV is the Champions League and the Formula 1. Sky Sports has the Premiership, Scotland matches, the rugby, NFL, WWE, most of the boxing, Indycar/NASCAR, the darts...

The most annoying part of this is that if you grudgingly pay the fuckers for their monthly subscription, you then have to pay Setanta as well if you want to watch the other third of the Premiership matches, and the SPL. If they are going to split the rights between two companies it's not proper that it's two companies you have to pay for. Football used to be the working man's game but Sky have made it an expensive luxury that many people can't afford. Plus the cheeky cunts have the gall to put the big boxing matches and the WWE events on Box Office, so you have to pay another 15 to watch them - yes, after you pay them to subscribe to the SPORTS CHANNELS, then they charge you extra to watch SPORT. The hoors have basically got a monopoly going on sport and they can charge what they like cos there's no alternative.

Consider yourself roundly booed Sky Sports. BOOOOOO.

I totally disagree. I think Sky have totally revolutionized football for the good. the Premier League provides the best teams in Europe pretty much since 2000 and is by far the best league to watch(closely followed by La Liga). The money Sky have put has made the game much better IMO.

Though the gulf between the Premier League and the Championship is getting wider.

I totally disagree. I think Sky have totally revolutionized football for the good. the Premier League provides the best teams in Europe pretty much since 2000 and is by far the best league to watch(closely followed by La Liga). The money Sky have put has made the game much better IMO.

Though the gulf between the Premier League and the Championship is getting wider.

All Sky have done is make the rich teams richer and made it less accessible to the fans. Absolute shithawks. Plus I shouldn't have to go and stand in sweaty pub if I want to watch a Scotland game, that should be on BBC.

All Sky have done is make the rich teams richer and made it less accessible to the fans. Absolute shithawks. Plus I shouldn't have to go and stand in sweaty pub if I want to watch a Scotland game, that should be on BBC.

yup i agree, the money sky has pumped into football has made the gap between the big and small teams untouchable, there is very very little chance of any team in england bar man u, chelsea, liverpool or arsenal winning the league in the next 5-10 years, yes teams like villa may have a good season everynow and then but they wont come close to winning the league.

The prem league is the most boring in the world to watch, every team defends for 90 minutes because place more importance on not losing rather than winning due to the amount of money the prem league makes them, a team going down could actually go bust, not a good thing for football at all.

Your right Elwood, the cunts have made it impossible for people to watch any kind of major sport unless you pay through the teeth for it, but nevermind Arsenal are making record profits and John Terry gets paid more money in a month than alot make in their life time so you know its going to a good cause.........

Sky have almost obliterated Setanta for Premiership rights though. I don't know if it's next season, or in a few years, but they are hardly getting any games pretty soon. So you only need Setanta if you want to watch NEC Vs FC Twente, or the SPL.

The prem league is the most boring in the world to watch,

Are you fucking mental?

by far the best league to watch(closely followed by La Liga).

If you're going to make such bold statements at least make sense ;)

I've preferred La Liga this season, EPL has become boring and predictable, the West Ham's v West Brom's are atrocious and the big games become so hyped up both teams are to scared of losing the match. I can't remember a classic ManU/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool against each other from the last couple of years. The game on Saturday wasn't even that great to watch. Two mistakes and a couple of pens. Its come to the point where i actually prefer watching Sky Sports Centre than the actual match.

I agree with you on Sky's coverage tho, its spot on. Altho it may be blamed for glorifying the EPL to a level above its standard.

sky are annoying but i am more than happy with the bbc highlights via match of the day. then again i'm regularly attending matches these days. setanta are even more annoying because they keep rearranging cambridge united games for their tv coverage. then again they do give us money for appearing live!

there's far too much football on television in my opinion anyways.

I hate when Scotland games are on Sky TV while England games are shown on BBC Scotland. Doesn't make sense!

True dat.

I do like, though, that when ITV nicked the beeb's rights to England (away?) games, STV pretty much said "Feck that, we'll show pish repeats instead!" Good on them!

I hate when Scotland games are on Sky TV while England games are shown on BBC Scotland. Doesn't make sense!

We haven only won 1 or 2 games (france & lithuania?) which has been shown live on the BBC, in about 9 or 10 years!! Something like 20 games, all away of course.

That's enough reason for me :)

I do like, though, that when ITV nicked the beeb's rights to England (away?) games, STV pretty much said "Feck that, we'll show pish repeats instead!" Good on them!

Yeah, because everyone'd MUCH rather watch some shitey repeats of Emmerdale than a football match between two teams they don't support. Oh hang on, sport is unpredictable and can be entertaining EVEN IF you don't have a vested interest in either of the teams playing. Easy to forget that isn't it?

And in fact, even if you're a Scottish Neaderthal, sorry Nationalist, then surely you wouldn't mind watching an England game in case they get pumped off Bulgaria or something and you can jeer and hoot about Robert the Bruce, William Wallace, etc etc? At least until "we" get pumped off San Marino or Lichtenstein or some other bunch of posties and sparkies.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the 33 goalless draws this season have been riveting.

0-0 is the most common result in the Premier League.

Football - The Question: Why have there been so many 0-0s in the Premier League this year? | Sport | guardian.co.uk

That story backs up what ive thought all season, one of the worst seasons ever for entertaining football in england, i may be going "fucking mental" but its so boring to watch, there are very very few decent games to watch, your better off with the lower leagues, at least teams are vaugly interested in winning games rather than not losing them.

What leagues are better to watch?

I mean the only spanish games we get on Sky only seem to involve Barcelona and Real Madrid (well i'd say about 90% of them) so hard to judge really.

The Italian league is shite...end of. Overage has beens playing at a snails pace..

German and Dutch...pish

dont even get me started on Scottish football......

What leagues are better to watch?

I mean the only spanish games we get on Sky only seem to involve Barcelona and Real Madrid (well i'd say about 90% of them) so hard to judge really.

The Italian league is shite...end of. Overage has beens playing at a snails pace..

German and Dutch...pish

dont even get me started on Scottish football......

Those barca/real matches are a lot more interesting to watch than almost any game involving chelsea and liverpool, occasionally man u and arsenal play some nice football but it doesnt seem to happen often now a days, Italian football has improved a lot over the past few years, its had become a lot more interesting to watch. German football isnt actually that bad to watch either, it may not have the same technical level as some leagues but it has passion. Scottish league fair enough is pish, but at least teams try to win except when they go to glasgow.

Those barca/real matches are a lot more interesting to watch than almost any game involving chelsea and liverpool, occasionally man u and arsenal play some nice football but it doesnt seem to happen often now a days, Italian football has improved a lot over the past few years, its had become a lot more interesting to watch. German football isnt actually that bad to watch either, it may not have the same technical level as some leagues but it has passion. Scottish league fair enough is pish, but at least teams try to win except when they go to glasgow.

I must admit i think Barca are the best team to watch, and Messi the best player, but you can't beat watching Man U on their day or Arsenal at home when teams open up against them.

The lower teams in Spain, Germany and France are worse IMO than the lower teams in England. Mid table Premier League teams would beat most mid table European teams, the only reason the English teams don't fair as well in the UEFA Cup is more to do with the fact that that dont give a shit about it and its a waste of time - take Villa for example in the last round. And the top teams in England have shown in the past five years that they are stronger than most of Europes "top" teams.

But back to the point Sky's coverage is fucking brilliant. Does anyone remeber how bad T.V was without it?

(and Friends re-runs on E4?)

I must admit i think Barca are the best team to watch, and Messi the best player, but you can't beat watching Man U on their day or Arsenal at home when teams open up against them.

true but it just never seems to happen that often anymore, when it does, it is what football should be about.

The lower teams in Spain, Germany and France are worse IMO than the lower teams in England. Mid table Premier League teams would beat most mid table European teams, the only reason the English teams don't fair as well in the UEFA Cup is more to do with the fact that that dont give a shit about it and its a waste of time - take Villa for example in the last round. And the top teams in England have shown in the past five years that they are stronger than most of Europes "top" teams.

Your right again with that point, but i always think whats going to happen when the money runs out, yes they are strong in europe right now, but most teams here have twice the budget to spend on players, Gordon Strachan summed it up perfectly during the transfer window speaking about westham dropping 8 million on a striker who has scored 10 goals in a year, that is crazy, if the money runs out tho do you really think your Robinhio's or Cristiano Ronaldo's will hang about? And due to all of these imports there are very few good english players coming through, we could see the prem leagues standards drop very quickly.

true but it just never seems to happen that often anymore, when it does, it is what football should be about.

Your right again with that point, but i always think whats going to happen when the money runs out, yes they are strong in europe right now, but most teams here have twice the budget to spend on players, Gordon Strachan summed it up perfectly during the transfer window speaking about westham dropping 8 million on a striker who has scored 10 goals in a year, that is crazy, if the money runs out tho do you really think your Robinhio's or Cristiano Ronaldo's will hang about? And due to all of these imports there are very few good english players coming through, we could see the prem leagues standards drop very quickly.

I agree also and to be honest i hate the fact that their league is the strongest, but it is, and the money won't run out anytime soon with there being a good chance of more and more Middle East investment this summer.

I honestly think Man City will bring in another 3 or 4 Robinho type players this summer. There are few english players coming in but the grass roots has improved since the investment of SKy, also in terms of youth devolopment to a certain level i.e drastically improved training facilities, far more knowledge in coaching etc. Its just when they get to the level of the first team they rarely get a chance unless its in the Carling Cup etc where they do seem to do well.

I think if they brought in a rule which meant you had to have a 6 english players(which i think they are) per game it would be better for Englands national team, but would probably weaken the league, initially at least.

Im pretty sure these arguments could go on all day...

I agree also and to be honest i hate the fact that their league is the strongest, but it is, and the money won't run out anytime soon with there being a good chance of more and more Middle East investment this summer.

I honestly think Man City will bring in another 3 or 4 Robinho type players this summer. There are few english players coming in but the grass roots has improved since the investment of SKy, also in terms of youth devolopment to a certain level i.e drastically improved training facilities, far more knowledge in coaching etc. Its just when they get to the level of the first team they rarely get a chance unless its in the Carling Cup etc where they do seem to do well.

I think if they brought in a rule which meant you had to have a 6 english players(which i think they are) per game it would be better for Englands national team, but would probably weaken the league, initially at least.

Im pretty sure these arguments could go on all day...

oh yeah we could go round in cirlces all day with this if we wanted. This is all personal opinion i guess, and there isnt really a right or wrong just a heap of good points.

I think your right about the 6 english players rule, they have been speaking about that quite a lot recently would be a great idea for all leagues in terms of bringing through the youth.

And how many of these nil nil draws did people actually watch? Most of the nil nils come between teams like Wigan and Fulham, who are punching above their weight, largely through good defensive records at home. And yes, sometime the top few teams have a bit of a stalemate. But in between there are some cracking games.

Being a Spurs supporter, naturally I'll use them as an example - but in the last couple of years they have been involved in four or five 4-4 draws, a 6-3 against Reading and more recently a 4 nil thrashing of middlesborough. Villa, Man City and Everton have all had interesting and erratic seasons, winning 6 nil one week and then getting beaten by a Hull or Stoke the next, and the gap between 7th and 19th is unbelieveably close... hence why most of the teams are being cautious at the moment!

The premier league is fucking fantastic, and I am more than happy to see other teams draw nil nil, because it often is to the benefit of Tottenham.

Oh, and it was Arsenal for all their "wonderful football" that just had four CONSECUTIVE nil nil draws...

Although I do agree that international matches should be shown on terrestrial tv.

Yeh fair point cause you are also paying your TV license to the BBC which you would think would have more sport other than tennis.