aberdeen-music

Traffic Wardens

FatHand

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
why? all day every other day both sides of the road has parked cars, and there is still space for 2 lanes of traffic. why would a match day be any different?

bit of a kick in the teeth for the people who live there, where are they supposed to park their cars when there's a game on???

The line you'll get from the council is so that emergency services can get through if needed. Fucks me off no end. It used to be the same on Merkland Road East, although it is a tighter road. But those massive lorries used to get down the street no bother with cars parked up either side why the fuck wouldn't an ambulance?

It's a money making scheme by the hitler bastards at the council.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if they published the fixtures at the roadside or something, but you have to go and find out for yourself. And if you have absolutely no interest in football or Aberdeen FC, it's still completely your own fault for not knowing about a midweek CIS cup fixture (which often won't be printed on the fixture list you went out of your way to get at the start of the season).

Cunt bastards.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current Pittodrie CPZ restrictions only happened quite recently - What 2003/2004? They were only at the initial proposal stage when I left the area in early 2003.

Plenty people have lived there a lot longer than that.

And at the time, there may not have been many other choices for a lot of folk - IIRC, something like 70% of the city's single person council accomodation is in that area.

They have begun repainting lines around RGU/Gallery recently - And the new lines are egally compliant as well so far. Well done!

There were two pairs of proper traffic wardens and police officers out there at lunch time today ticketing and moving-on traffic mercilessly - Which was a surprise for the twat in the go-faster striped car who squeezed himself into the motorbike bay! :D

if you live in these areas then surely it would be to your benefit to make sure you know when the games are on and when to expect problems with parking, yes it may be unfair to those who live there but you chose to get a place near the stadium, this has been the case for a long time now.

I bought my flat in 2001 - the restrictions were in force then I think. I didn't have a car at the time, so didn't even cross my mind.

I wasn't thinking of myself though - my Mum got stung visiting on a Tuesday night once. I hadn't even thought about it, and she certainly hadn't. It's easy to sit back and say "oh you chose to live there etc etc" but it doesn't quite work like that.

Having to check every single day you park the car or for every single visitor to check every single time they park the car is beyond the call of duty. Fair enough expect games to be on on a Saturday afternoon, but the times can be varied, 12.30 kick offs, 2pm kickoffs, 3pm kickoffs, Sunday games, evening games. Some people who don't give a fuck about football can't be arsed or forget because it's not in their mindset to be thinking "Hmm, I wonder if Aberdeen will have a CIS cup replay tonight or not..." especially when they might be parking their car at about 5pm before there's any signs of a football match taking place.

It's a fucking stupid restriction whether it's been in force for ages or not. An ambulance would very easily get down the street if there were cars parked on both sides of the street. What happens if there's an emergency at the bottom of Merkland Road East any other time of the week? Just let the fuckers die because an ambulance will struggle to get down a road that's wide enough for massive lorries? No, they just drive down it because it fucking fits, no problem!

Having to check every single day you park the car or for every single visitor to check every single time they park the car is beyond the call of duty. Fair enough expect games to be on on a Saturday afternoon, but the times can be varied, 12.30 kick offs, 2pm kickoffs, 3pm kickoffs, Sunday games, evening games. Some people who don't give a fuck about football can't be arsed or forget because it's not in their mindset to be thinking "Hmm, I wonder if Aberdeen will have a CIS cup replay tonight or not..." especially when they might be parking their car at about 5pm before there's any signs of a football match taking place.

It's a fucking stupid restriction whether it's been in force for ages or not. An ambulance would very easily get down the street if there were cars parked on both sides of the street. What happens if there's an emergency at the bottom of Merkland Road East any other time of the week? Just let the fuckers die because an ambulance will struggle to get down a road that's wide enough for massive lorries? No, they just drive down it because it fucking fits, no problem!

if people dont take the 30 seconds it would take to find out then they shouldnt moan when it happens. Its not hard to know when a game is on especially if you live in the area its obvious when the police are setting up they are there in force hours before the game gets going. An ambulance could get down the street when it doesnt have a few thousand walking down it, i would imagine the thinking is if it is busy it will help easy the congestion and also as i stated before if they didnt put that restriction in place you would only moan that someone is parked outside your house and you had to park in another street.

Anyway it'll all be over in a year or so when this new stadium is built, then you can all have your parking spaces back every day of the year.

if people dont take the 30 seconds it would take to find out then they shouldnt moan when it happens. Its not hard to know when a game is on especially if you live in the area its obvious when the police are setting up they are there in force hours before the game gets going. An ambulance could get down the street when it doesnt have a few thousand walking down it, i would imagine the thinking is if it is busy it will help easy the congestion and also as i stated before if they didnt put that restriction in place you would only moan that someone is parked outside your house and you had to park in another street.

Anyway it'll all be over in a year or so when this new stadium is built, then you can all have your parking spaces back every day of the year.

I don't live there anymore, so it doesn't really bother me that much (despite sounding like the angriest man ever in my previous posts....)

I still disagree that it takes 30 seconds to find out if there's a game on. Sometimes you could have parked your car on I don't know a Monday night and then not moved it till Thursday. Random CIS replay on a Tuesday night which isn't on your season fixtures list you got at the start of the season. Some people don't understand football and don't follow it in the slightest. There are rescheduled games etc. It's not as simple as that.

I get your point with the few thousand people walking down the street - but when the few thousand people walk down Merkland Road East an ambulance isn't getting down it parked cars or not, I would imagine an ambulance would just go a couple of streets down, knowing fine well there'll be thousands of folk on the street.

I don't live there anymore, so it doesn't really bother me that much (despite sounding like the angriest man ever in my previous posts....)

I still disagree that it takes 30 seconds to find out if there's a game on. Sometimes you could have parked your car on I don't know a Monday night and then not moved it till Thursday. Random CIS replay on a Tuesday night which isn't on your season fixtures list you got at the start of the season. Some people don't understand football and don't follow it in the slightest. There are rescheduled games etc. It's not as simple as that.

I get your point with the few thousand people walking down the street - but when the few thousand people walk down Merkland Road East an ambulance isn't getting down it parked cars or not, I would imagine an ambulance would just go a couple of streets down, knowing fine well there'll be thousands of folk on the street.

my point is tho if you live in the area or know someone who lives in the area you visit alot then it is very very easy to find out when games are on, christ the evening express is only 40p and sold in every single shop that sells papers in this city, the internet is also quite handy in these situations. It really shouldnt take you long to find out whats going on if you make the effort and like i say if you are effected by this you should make the effort.

I dont particularly agree with the ban on parking but i can see the point to it, and your right it may not make a huge difference but in emergency situations seconds can be the difference between life and death. Anything they can do to ensure the saftey and possible reliance of emergency service's they have to do, no matter if it annoys a few thousand residents.

my point is tho if you live in the area or know someone who lives in the area you visit alot then it is very very easy to find out when games are on, christ the evening express is only 40p and sold in every single shop that sells papers in this city, the internet is also quite handy in these situations. It really shouldnt take you long to find out whats going on if you make the effort and like i say if you are effected by this you should make the effort.

I dont particularly agree with the ban on parking but i can see the point to it, and your right it may not make a huge difference but in emergency situations seconds can be the difference between life and death. Anything they can do to ensure the saftey and possible reliance of emergency service's they have to do, no matter if it annoys a few thousand residents.

I know what you're saying. Do you live in the area? And do you have a car?

It's very easy to forget about it. I generally parked my car across in Merkland Road all the time so that I didn't have to think about when games were on, which is why I never had to check and it rarely crossed my mind. So if my Mum (e.g.) was visiting (who actually didn't visit that often, I went to visit her more), it just wouldn't be a thought that would enter my mind, unless it was a Saturday, or a "big" game that had been spoken a lot about.

I have more important things in my life to worry about than Aberdeen matches. True story.

Even if it is easy to find out when a game is, where the crap are you supposed to put your car if you live in the area?

If I had to coordinate the parking of my (fictional) car with match days upon punishment of a fine, I'd be pretty glad the stadium is moving away. I'd hope it was moving into the middle of the fucking sea.

I know what you're saying. Do you live in the area? And do you have a car?

Nope i live in bridge of don, although i did live on urqhuart road for a few years and had to deal with these problem when friends/family were coming over. Glad im out the town centre cause all parking is a nightmare.

It's very easy to forget about it. I generally parked my car across in Merkland Road all the time so that I didn't have to think about when games were on, which is why I never had to check and it rarely crossed my mind. So if my Mum (e.g.) was visiting (who actually didn't visit that often, I went to visit her more), it just wouldn't be a thought that would enter my mind, unless it was a Saturday, or a "big" game that had been spoken a lot about.

it is very easy to forget if it doesnt bother you, if it becomes an issue then im sure you would have paid more attention to it.

I have more important things in my life to worry about than Aberdeen matches. True story.

good :) Worrying about aberdeen FC gets you nowhere in life trust me on that one!!! haha

Even if it is easy to find out when a game is, where the crap are you supposed to put your car if you live in the area?

If I had to coordinate the parking of my (fictional) car with match days upon punishment of a fine, I'd be pretty glad the stadium is moving away. I'd hope it was moving into the middle of the fucking sea.

Another good point. I sometimes wasted about 30 minutes driving round trying to find a space if I made the mistake of going somewhere within 2 hours of a match. And then having to park about a mile from my flat. Total pain in the arse, and in my opinion totally unnecessary.

I live in the centre at the moment and pay 50 a year for a permit to park on my own fucking street. And last week they put up a sign saying that permits are going up to 80 a year! That's quite a fucking jump, especially to park on my own fucking street.

Chris says: Try having 2 permits. They're putting the price of a second one up to 120! Not like I can even get parked in my street at the best of times...

I live in the centre at the moment and pay 50 a year for a permit to park on my own fucking street. And last week they put up a sign saying that permits are going up to 80 a year! That's quite a fucking jump, especially to park on my own fucking street.

Chris says: Try having 2 permits. They're putting the price of a second one up to 120! Not like I can even get parked in my street at the best of times...

It was only 40 during 2007/2008(ish) for my permit when I was still in Aberdeen. I did find it quite annoying, but at the same time thought it was not too bad e.g. go on holiday and leave the car parked for a week and it not moving would cost an absolute fortune for parking with the wee tickets. But yeah, I could never get parked on Dee Street.

Also, I'm paranoid about traffic wardens so much so that the other day when I nipped into a corner shop I put 10p in the meter for 10mins worth of parking when I was about 30 seconds. Haha.

Traffic wardens are cunts by nature.

To be fair, the traffic wardens are now "City Wardens". A lot of these people are the old "Community Wardens" who worked for Grampian Police and were sort of like classroom assistants ie there to help out with some of the easier stuff but not as well qualified.

They were told last year that if they wanted to keep their jobs they would have to switch to City Wardens, be employed by the council instead of the police, and start dishing out tickets. So it's not like they're the kind of people who said "Yeah, I quite fancy giving out parking tickets."

Where do I park my car tonight as close the Tunnels as possible without getting a ticket?

Haven't actually played the Tunnels for over a year. Back then, you could park your car illegally all you liked on a Friday night, and nobody seemed to give a fuck...

Where do I park my car tonight as close the Tunnels as possible without getting a ticket?

Haven't actually played the Tunnels for over a year. Back then, you could park your car illegally all you liked on a Friday night, and nobody seemed to give a fuck...

Park in the pay and display spaces on Littlejohn street, they're free after 6. Then just take the back lane opposite Tastie Tattie to get to Tunnels. 2 minute walk.

Park in the pay and display spaces on Littlejohn street, they're free after 6. Then just take the back lane opposite Tastie Tattie to get to Tunnels. 2 minute walk.

Good shout, but those spaces are almost always full when I try. Presumably the spaces on Queen St are free after 6pm too?

Our guitarist lives in those flats in Littlejohn St* so might try and get my car in his car park.

*please don't petrol bomb his flat just cos he plays in The Underkills... (if you can think of another reason though, feel free...

EDIT: "might try and get my car in his car park" oo-er missus

Good shout, but those spaces are almost always full when I try. Presumably the spaces on Queen St are free after 6pm too?

Our guitarist lives in those flats in Littlejohn St* so might try and get my car in his car park.

*please don't petrol bomb his flat just cos he plays in The Underkills... (if you can think of another reason though, feel free...

Yeah the pay and display places are all free after 6. You can get away with parking on Back Wynd (up beside Subway) but I'm not sure how legal this is. There's a car park just behind Littlejohn Street, where that building is that looks like the clock tower from Back to the Future. Across from the Blue Lamp.

St Nicholas House. Closest free parking for the Tunnels.

:up:

The wee car park beside Illicit Still? Do they ever close that gate? I parked there last Thursday when I went to Snafu, but wasn't sure if it was just left open for shoppers...?

Yeah the pay and display places are all free after 6. You can get away with parking on Back Wynd (up beside Subway) but I'm not sure how legal this is. There's a car park just behind Littlejohn Street, where that building is that looks like the clock tower from Back to the Future. Across from the Blue Lamp.

Is Back Wynd OK? Thought it was just taxis and disabled badge holders.