aberdeen-music

Traffic Wardens

FatHand

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think people should just wise the fuck up and park in proper places. Being a Traffic Warden is a thankless job i'm guessing due to total dicks thinking they're right all the time. I'd wager there is a good proportion of cocks do the job as well but for the most part they are just doing their job and following instructions set out for them. Cut them some slack and park where you're all supposed to and i'm sure they'll cut you some slack too.

The Supermarket carpark thing is a total pisstake though.

I still think people should just wise the fuck up and park in proper places.

but for the most part they are just doing their job and following instructions set out for them.

Cut them some slack and park where you're all supposed to and i'm sure they'll cut you some slack too.

Yes - fully agree. There are some utterly selfish and even dangerous fuckwits out there whose parking fully deserves everything they get.

I do wonder - The majority of times I've challenged a ticket with a letter asking if the patroler had the right car in mind, or how they managed to miss the obviously displayed ticket, suggests all too many of them are not doing certain basic aspects of the job?

Give and take works both ways TBH but seems to have gone out of the window with the implementation of the post-91 regs, where income seems to be the important thing now. I would also cite the differences in rates of appeal upholding between areas regulated under the 1985 act, which has a lot of common sense and the 1991 act, which are about 25% as opposed rouund 60% (in Aberdeen).

I got one while I was playing at a Fudge night at the Moorings a few months back, I was parked on the road at the side of the tattoo place, the one that goes up to the old Drakes. AT 10PM ON A SATURDAY NIGHT! Why are there traffic wardens working at 10pm on a Satuday night? I'm not even convinced I was parked illegally.

If you park in the Shiprow NCP then you can leave for free after midnight. So no need to park on Shore Brae.

I object to using NCP car parks. I'm prepared to take the risk with the ticket!

Yes, especially as it looks like NCP have sold-off or otherwise outsourced their private parking operations to one or other of the cowboys and concentrated their main operations on public contract work.

Its like dealing with two different firms now.

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen that happen before. You need to put your hazards on to be counted as "loading". It's either that or make someone stay with the car to explain anything. You're okay to be on double yellows with hazards on for about 15 - 30 minutes I think.

Sucks. Paid my fine though. I've learned my lesson, most certainly will expect there to be a traffic warden lurking round every corner from now on ha ha.

Did a temping council job (in St Nics) for about a month and it was the most depressing experience of my life. The only job I've ever been asked to leave from. Horrible place. I've had other council temping jobs that have been very good though so wouldn't tar the whole organisation with the same brush, it is massive after all and provides many good services.

Did a temping council job (in St Nics) for about a month and it was the most depressing experience of my life. The only job I've ever been asked to leave from. Horrible place. I've had other council temping jobs that have been very good though so wouldn't tar the whole organisation with the same brush, it is massive after all and provides many good services.

it really depends on the office. i also worked in st nics as a temp, wont say which department like, but it was horrible. weren't even allowed to ask the person next to you how they were or did they have a good weekend without being shouted at to shut up and get on with your work. i now work in a different department and it's really good- easy going people and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

It's very very tempting to spill beans but I won't.

Let's just say the council could be making a lot more money.

And that there are ways to get rid of the occassional ticket. Not that I would ever do that, obviously.

My old boss got a ticket, and wrote to the head of the parking department, he signed off his letter "Yours Fraternally" and the ticket was ripped up. Funny handshakes all round.

Why were you asked to leave?

It was a full time job that had barely enough work to be classified part time (yet another case of the council wasting money). Despite my many many efforts to pick up ANY work that was going (this included taking staples out of a massive pile of files that were to be recylcled), there was generally nothing to do between crumbs of work except sit in silence listening to backstabbing and bitching so I basically had an increasingly miserable face on every day. This, on top of the fact I wasn't introduced to anybody in the office on my arrival or any time thereafter added up to me having a slightly negative attitude. It was pretty much my, or probably anybody's, nightmare worst job. Was kind of wierd experience as I'm not the sort of person that gives up easily but that job just broke my will entirely.

I got one while I was playing at a Fudge night at the Moorings a few months back, I was parked on the road at the side of the tattoo place, the one that goes up to the old Drakes. AT 10PM ON A SATURDAY NIGHT! Why are there traffic wardens working at 10pm on a Satuday night? I'm not even convinced I was parked illegally.

I got done for parking up beside Tiger Tiger a while back, I couldn't see any signs and there were no lines - turns out the sign at the bottom of the hill is what you should pay attention to. I hadn't even noticed the fucking thing. I tried to argue that their signs were inadequate but got nowhere. Since so many folk do park up there to go to the cinema etc I can't see then changing things as it's a good catchment area especially with the late night wardens who were recently put on in an obvious attempt to drum up even more cash....

of course it will, just like speeding tickets to police cars/ambulances.

one interesting point that I haven't fully understood yet:

I live on Park road, very close to seaforth road. (as it happens the flat has a private car park but often this is full) am I right in thinking that residents of the area can't park on these roads when there is a football match on?

of course it will, just like speeding tickets to police cars/ambulances.

one interesting point that I haven't fully understood yet:

I live on Park road, very close to seaforth road. (as it happens the flat has a private car park but often this is full) am I right in thinking that residents of the area can't park on these roads when there is a football match on?

That would be correct, these roads must be kept clear during home matches.

That would be correct, these roads must be kept clear during home matches.

why? all day every other day both sides of the road has parked cars, and there is still space for 2 lanes of traffic. why would a match day be any different?

bit of a kick in the teeth for the people who live there, where are they supposed to park their cars when there's a game on???

why? all day every other day both sides of the road has parked cars, and there is still space for 2 lanes of traffic. why would a match day be any different?

bit of a kick in the teeth for the people who live there, where are they supposed to park their cars when there's a game on???

Because thems the rules chief. I would imagine its to do with the fact there are usualy between 10,000 and 15,000 extra people in that area from what there normally would be and thus will create problems for accessability for emergency services. Plus people would park their cars in every street in the surrounding area in the hope of getting away that 5 mins earlier during the rush. Was this not explained to you when you rented/bought the property?