aberdeen-music

House Music

Guest Giles Walker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the new thread for discussion on house music in Aberdeen.

I was asking people in general about what house music they liked best in Aberdeen right now?

Personally, I'm liking a lot of vocal tracks right now. Mostly funky, but i love tracks where the snare sort of goes "baboom clak" every 2nd beat.

But house music in Aberdeen sucks, I wish we had more artists and bands like Glasgow. The music scene in Aberdeen is a bit shit, wouldnt you say?

Guest Giles Walker
is this the new thread for house music on aberdeen-music?

Yeah i hear you have abandoned all that twee indie stuff you used to like in favour of music of the 'unce unce unce' variety. What is your opinion on this new phenomena?

Well, to be fair, a lot of bams just listen to the "unce unce unce" stuff. Dance music is typically associated with neds, whereas guitar music is far more alternative and can draw in a much nicer demographic to a club.

Think about the number of people you know listen to the unce unce variety - theyre all pikeys, arent they?

Guest Giles Walker
Well, to be fair, a lot of bams just listen to the "unce unce unce" stuff. Dance music is typically associated with neds, whereas guitar music is far more alternative and can draw in a much nicer demographic to a club.

Think about the number of people you know listen to the unce unce variety - theyre all pikeys, arent they?

Well i like dance music and if that coupled with the my love for knock off goods, lowered vauxhall corsa's, house breaking, the keeping of mangy looking horses and my rats tail makes me a pikey, then i guess that is something i will have to grow comfortable with.

I also like Mock and Toof, Smith and Hack, Holy Ghost!, Aeroplane and The Blackout Crew.

I like a good bit of house music. It reminds me of sitting on a terrace bar in Ibiza sipping a JD and coke in the sun. :up:

Generally speaking a lot of people seem to assosciate dance music with the pish you hear in the charts, Basshunter, Cascada and shit like that. Clubland. Lowest common denominator music for morons. Everybody knows that's shite, but GOOD dance music fucking rules. It's the only acceptable thing to listen to on a night out. Disco biscuits at the ready!

rave-or-die.png

I like a good bit of house music. It reminds me of sitting on a terrace bar in Ibiza sipping a JD and coke in the sun. :up:

Generally speaking a lot of people seem to assosciate dance music with the pish you hear in the charts, Basshunter, Cascada and shit like that. Clubland. Lowest common denominator music for morons. Everybody knows that's shite, but GOOD dance music fucking rules. It's the only acceptable thing to listen to on a night out. Disco biscuits at the ready!

rave-or-die.png

I really hope you posted that image in irony.

Well i like dance music and if that coupled with the my love for knock off goods, lowered vauxhall corsa's, house breaking, the keeping of mangy looking horses and my rats tail makes me a pikey, then i guess that is something i will have to grow comfortable with.

I also like Mock and Toof, Smith and Hack, Holy Ghost!, Aeroplane and The Blackout Crew.

Saw Holy Ghost few weekends back in Sub Club and they were excellent!!! The music was almost had a 70's disco funk vibe to it and very danceable! Defo be up for seeing them again, think they are up to aberdeen in April is that right?

Aeroplane have mixed the new mixmag cd, not yet listened to it tho

There is a serious lack of good house clubs in aberdeen nowadays. altho I like a bit House and most of my vinyl is house, I have been drifting to Electro/tech & techno lately, probably due to changing to CD and it's cheaper to buy various genre's

Vocals are good as long as they are nice non-cheesey vocals (deep down n dirty vocals are best!) like Sia

There is a serious lack of good house clubs in aberdeen nowadays. altho I like a bit House and most of my vinyl is house, I have been drifting to Electro/tech & techno lately, probably due to changing to CD and it's cheaper to buy various genre's

There's a serious lack of clubs that play decent dance music in Aberdeen, full stop. Most of the clubs in Aberdeen play chart dance, chavvy hardcore, R&B or, the worst of all, "cheese" (Dirty Dancing, Chesney Hawkes, Bon Jovi etc). Gads.

There's a serious lack of clubs that play decent dance music in Aberdeen, full stop. Most of the clubs in Aberdeen play chart dance, chavvy hardcore, R&B or, the worst of all, "cheese" (Dirty Dancing, Chesney Hawkes, Bon Jovi etc). Gads.

it's a shame really cause there are loads of good dj's who play various genre's in Aberdeen. yet cause everyones trying to put on different nights there's too many small ones and not enough support...all DJs unite and put on a months good clubbing somehwere varied nights over so many weeks, where people can come along and get jiggy on the dance floor!

it's a shame really cause there are loads of good dj's who play various genre's in Aberdeen. yet cause everyones trying to put on different nights there's too many small ones and not enough support...all DJs unite and put on a months good clubbing somehwere varied nights over so many weeks, where people can come along and get jiggy on the dance floor!

You could organise a summer dance event in Aberdeen. Every night for 2 weeks, a big dance night in some club in Aberdeen. A different club every night. You could make it an annual thing.

You could even get some big name DJs in, Paul Tall, Judge Judy, Geri Halliwell, Derek Morrillo etc. smiley_ROFL3.gif God I'm funny.

Tropicana isn't bad actually, sure it's full of ugly 40 year old divorcees, but they play some excellent tunes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)