aberdeen-music

Funk Machine Presents

This month Funk Machine Presents:

ABERDEEN BEATBOX COLLECTIVE

Well the name says it all. These guys have skill, I've seen it and it's impressive. We look forward to this!

Haven't found a myspace for them but will put it up if I do.

Az-I Cool

Returning as our Hip Hop Hosts, they have streamlined their name from their constituent parts, Taco, QBC and Reknology, to Az-I Cool. QBC and Reknology keep the music tight for the unique French flows of MC Taco to get you dancing. Sitting down really isn't an option!

Az-I Cool on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Super Six Funk Machine

Super Six Funk Machine will keep you dancing all night to their own style of Party Funk. A slight line up change sees the addition of new singers Marcia Funk and Christine Funk to the Super Six family. Expect some new tracks and more attitude as you are taken on a ride you won't want to get off.

Super Six Funk Machine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Funk Mchine DJ: Massive Throne

Massive Throne will follow from Super Six with a mix of funk/breaks/massive bass

Hope to see you there, it's definitely the best party in Aberdeen.

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE FUNK:

Just a reminder that a party is being thrown in your honour by Super Six Funk Machine and Az-I Cool on 15th May, it's a thank you for all those who have been supporting the night.

Expect a live funk, hip hop and electro crush in an intimate venue. We will only reveal the venue a couple of days before the date. There are two chances left to get your email address down on the list. There will be a limit to the number of people who can fit so it'll be the first come down who get in!

This Friday everyone

... make sure you come down and get your email address on the list for May's invitation only party. No email address, no invitation.

The more people who get down to funk each show we put on the sooner we can start dishing out gifts from the spoils. We're definitely into bribery, or reward depending on which way you look at it ;)

I think when someone pays them proper money as they are all working musicians....lol

Rod... is that you ?? ;)

Shame it's money that gets in the way of good music sometimes, totally appreciate that if it's your sole income then it has to be worthwhile financially. I could help get a night organised if you fancy though? It's going to be part of my adgenda to promote a few extra nights now and then so it could be done easy as... if it's well advertised and organised you can potentially make a reasonable amount. But it's like anything, you have to put some leg work in over and above the music to get folk through the door, it's all about advertising and giving people plenty of opportunity to find out about it. A text message to your mates on the day or a day before doesn't cut it for making cash.

Zony Mash music is classy so that's the hard bit done.

No mate,it's not.I think when people are used to playing at a semi pro level ,they get used to the fact that they are not going to get paid much.I'm sure your nights attract a large crowd,therefor someone is making money.....you or Hen.The first couple of times i saw the Mashers at the lampie there was about 80 people there,don't know why they went to the shitty Tunnels.Anyway funk on and have a good een. Best. The Duke8-)

Cheers Duke! We're keeping it funky for sure!

Roll on tomorrow night come along and enjoy the music and look out for us flyering on Belmont Street...

If you think your music would fit in with a Funk Machine night then get in touch and let me hear your stuff! Happy to accommodate touring/out of town acts that want to play too - pro and semi-pro musicians welcome ;). I will be recruiting some acts from the further reaches of Scotland/UK, hopefully in the coming months.