aberdeen-music

Fudge's HALL OF FAME

The Ghost Of Fudge

PART 1:

FUDGE AWARD WINNERS back in 2001 at The Lemon Tree...

BEST BAND 2001 - MAPLE

WORST BAND 2001 - PSYCHO A-GO-GO

BEST NEWCOMER 2001 - NERO

BEST LIVE ACT 2001 - NERO

BEST ROCK ACT 2001 - TAR

BEST INDIE ACT 2001 - KELEBECK BUTTERFLY

BEST INTERNATIONAL ACT 2001 - PURPLE MUNKIE

MOST MISSED 2001 - RED BY CHOICE

MOST PUNCHABLE SCENESTER 2001 - DJ PAUL (Mudd Club) tied with PETE HARPER (Red By Choice)

BEST FUDGE PERFORMANCE 2001 - RAGE AGAINST THE ABERDEEN MUSIC SCENE (at the final Fudgenight in Exodus)

BEST DJ 2001 - MOTHBOY

BEST NON-FUDGE GIG 2001 - NERO / DE BARROS @ the Wodka Bar

BIGGEST DJ LOSER - ROGER KELMAN

LIGGER OF THE YEAR & THE FUCK OFF HOME AWARD FOR INCECENT PRESENCE EVERYWHERE - AL NERO

Really? I'm quite surprised you don't remember all of them o_O

I didn't really start going to gigs until I started playing with Dos Dedos in 2002 cos I wasn't really aware of there being a music scene in Aberdeen until I was in it. And in 2002 I moved into a flat about 100 metres from Doctor Drakes so I started going to a lot of gigs then.

Also I have a really bad memory.

i especially remember (sort of) the lemon tree fudgenight aftershow parties in old drakes, when nero/dave dixon/ali kelebeck/deadloss/etc would play impromtu drunken acoustic sets to the dregs of aberdeens music scene til 5am on a thursday morning...

That was my first EVER night out in Aberdeen!

What a way to start :up:

Guest idol_wild

Nero were fucking brilliant.

I remember seeing them at The Lemon Tree with literally about four other people in the audience. Yet they still played as if it was sold out.

Legends.

nero were great, no?

i especially remember (sort of) the lemon tree fudgenight aftershow parties in old drakes, when nero/dave dixon/ali kelebeck/deadloss/etc would play impromtu drunken acoustic sets to the dregs of aberdeens music scene til 5am on a thursday morning...

hahaha oh the memories!

in fact bri, ive still got a bagful of all the old drakes photos from back in those days...loads of Nero/Dave/Ali/fudge aftershows etc etc etc...in fact i was just reminiscing about those last night...if only i had a scanner to get some of those pics up here :rolleyes:

hahaha oh the memories!

in fact bri, ive still got a bagful of all the old drakes photos from back in those days...loads of Nero/Dave/Ali/fudge aftershows etc etc etc...in fact i was just reminiscing about those last night...if only i had a scanner to get some of those pics up here :rolleyes:

Does central library not have a scanner?