aberdeen-music

gig photographers

Yeah its music, you dont need to see the band every lil second, its hardly offensive if a photography stands out once in a while

Bang on.

Infact, what are these people even doing at a gig? It's music... Get home and listen to the CD, then be in your bed at a reasonable hour. Stop annoying the photographers who got in for free and are probably getting paid for the result, you clowns.

Some people just don't get it. But it's okay. I've got your back.

what does the number of people in the crowd have to do with photos of bands? so you're saying only bands you like or approve should ever be photographed and they must reach a set crowd number before permission is granted.

shite.

It's just staged play-acting. Photographers can very easily alter reality and it makes me feel slightly uneasy when people go to such lengths to shoot bad bands. Photography for the sake of photography I guess, but useless as a factual record. And if something didn't happen the way the photograph suggests then the only way it can be considered is aesthetically, but I don't happen to find pics of dudes with guitars very appealing.

Bang on.

Infact, what are these people even doing at a gig? It's music... Get home and listen to the CD, then be in your bed at a reasonable hour. Stop annoying the photographers who got in for free and are probably getting paid for the result, you clowns.

Some people just don't get it. But it's okay. I've got your back.

lol, that was taking the piss of me a bit much, im saying, at a gig you dont need to see every lil detail of what the person is doin, i mean standing up because my legs hurt, its hardly offensive :down:

It's just staged play-acting. Photographers can very easily alter reality and it makes me feel slightly uneasy when people go to such lengths to shoot bad bands. Photography for the sake of photography I guess, but useless as a factual record. And if something didn't happen the way the photograph suggests then the only way it can be considered is aesthetically, but I don't happen to find pics of dudes with guitars very appealing.

i wish i could easily alter reality. i must've missed college the day we covered how to alter reality using only a 35mm camera and aesthetics.

luckily i was there when we covered time travel using photoshop and a graphics tablet so i can go back and see what i missed.

I have to say slating my job like that is pretty offensive, but your entitled to your opinion

however, I cant say I've ever seen a decent photo thats been 'altered' to look unreal, and tbh, i dont entirely get what you mean?

If I like a band, or get asked to take photos of a band, I'll do it. whether they are playing to 1 person or a million people

Guest idol_wild
Why does anyone so utterly unworthy as to play gigs to 1 person desperately want pictures of themselves? Sounds like they need to work on some other things.

Dude, I would hedger a bet that it's not the acts themselves that organise the photographer, but rather the promoter or the venue in 95% of cases.

Or, indeed, it is a random gig-goer who saw a poster for the gig, went along, and decided to do some photos.

Don't go too high on that horse. If you fall, you may develop a scab.

well, what makes them unworthy? dont you play music for the enjoyment? I'd play to an empty room so long as I was having fun

also, mostly its venues and promotors that ask me to take photos, sometimes the band themselves too.

furthermore, publicity and advertising can do wonders for a band, or artists. I could go into great great detail about why, and how, but I'll not bore you with the technical know how. so maybe bands starting off want their face 'out there', letting everyone see them, and get to know them. A decent image can do a lot y'know.

I'd think before speaking, since you're head seems so far up your own arse, you can't see what your actually saying ;)