aberdeen-music

personal insults

The Milner

Guest treader.
I don't think you gots it dude! Pretty much like everyone else, so all is forgiven, in real life you would have noted I was pulling your leg... even though come to think of it it still goes over peoples heads and they take me seriously...

Guy bought Farcry 2 and Resi 5 the other day, after handing back his change and sorting out his card I said here's your 2p change your reciept and 2 white power points added to your loyalty card...

Even for a gamer he was pretty uptight about that!

Your humour is obviously just too darn funny for me (or ANYONE ELSE) to comprehend. LOL.

Guy bought Farcry 2 and Resi 5 the other day, after handing back his change and sorting out his card I said here's your 2p change your reciept and 2 white power points added to your loyalty card...

Oh my, you sound like a little bundle of fecking joy.

Maybe he expected someone in a shop who was providing a service to be a little more professional. I know I would.

Are all gamers racist like? Wouldn't have blamed the guy for dragging you over the counter to be honest.

o_O

Rofl, taking things seriously again, it's been in the news about the racism about games thanks to Resi 5 it was a talking point between customer and myself, I know the chap is an avid gamer he didn't take offense just didn't think someone would make light of the situation. Guess you had to be there kinda thing. Nevermind!

Ps. Manager laughed also

People taking shit seriously on a forum, think I'm done with this place! Doesn't take much does it!

Thread of hypocrisy is win. What is serious anymore? Perhaps everyone should go to 4chan more and lighten up! Point is it wasn't any of you, and if it was you then you wouldn't have got the joke from myself or a collaegue... infact you probably wouldn't have got it fullstop. You can take jokes from your friends but once the button is pushed it's shocking!

Apparently.. >_>

People taking shit seriously on a forum, think I'm done with this place! Doesn't take much does it!

Thread of hypocrisy is win. What is serious anymore? Perhaps everyone should go to 4chan more and lighten up! Point is it wasn't any of you, and if it was you then you wouldn't have got the joke from myself or a collaegue... infact you probably wouldn't have got it fullstop. You can take jokes from your friends but once the button is pushed it's shocking!

Apparently.. >_>

LOLZERZ!!!111eleven Racism is fun, isn't it?

Why do I need to go to an anime forum?!?

To say the internet isn't real, yet you are using it is abit weird. If someone insulted me or others to the point where it had gone too far then there are always ways to find out where people live.

You have switched sides WITHIN THIS BLOODY THREAD!!

:down:

I have to say, the standard of service in the Asda Entertainment section is dropping.

They'll be putting you back to clearing trollys in the car park if you keep doing that.

I have to say, the standard of service in the Asda Entertainment section is dropping.

They'll be putting you back to clearing trollys in the car park if you keep doing that.

I know. I wouldn't have minded but I only bought the games because my grandson told me he wanted them for his birthday. I had a fairly severe angina attack after he accused me of being racist for some reason. To think I fought at Dunkirk for the likes of him.

Rofl, taking things seriously again, it's been in the news about the racism about games thanks to Resi 5 it was a talking point between customer and myself, I know the chap is an avid gamer he didn't take offense just didn't think someone would make light of the situation. Guess you had to be there kinda thing. Nevermind!

Ps. Manager laughed also

Maybe I read it wrong but I got the impression he was making light of this (Zombie Racism: Black Looks On RE 5 Racism) with a customer he vaguely knew, not calling a complete stranger a racist.

I'm gonna agree with Scottyboy here. Seems to me that the subject had already been brought up in conversation and there was a mutual understanding that the joke was about, quite frankly, a piece of crap (although bloody hilarious) news article. Rather than someone just saying "Thanks again. Bye now! See you at the Klan meeting on saturday!" to a customer with whom they had no affiliation.

x

• 7 months later...
Duly noted. But if there's one thing I'm not going to do, it's "lighten up". People need to be reminded about the reasons this site exists and its aims. I think quite a few members have lost sight of this recently and have damaged this website's reputation by their behaviour as a result.

We're not interested in running a site whose main focus is juvenalia and trivia, it's a music site for musicians and music lovers in Aberdeen. And if you've heard that speech too many times before, I'm sorry, but there's obviously people out there who haven't heard it enough.

I support this. Sadly, I think some damage to the site's reputation HAS been done. I used to post a good few years back, but left partly because I found it was too easy to be rude to real people on here and it wasn't a part of myself I was particularly proud of falling prey to on occasion. Coming back after a number of years, it seems that there is still a really bitter, vindictive element on here that only justify some of the criticism the site receives.

I posted a thread in the networking forum and instead found that the thread had become a feedback thread full of pretty useless criticism instead, the purpose of which seemed to be to frighten me off rather than provide pointers. That would be fine if I actually posted in the feedback forum (which ironically, seems pretty civil) and I'm big enough and ugly enough to realise the links posted are an acquired taste to say the very least, but the welcome I got was pretty much: "Hurrr, fresh meat boys...he don't even got no rep!" There were no relevant responses to my query at all.

This site is can be an awesome resource and the reality of having a place where so many people from similar social groups in a smallish city is going to entail some clashes, it's just a shame that a small, rude element can make this place an off putting experience for some people.

• 1 month later...
I support this. Sadly, I think some damage to the site's reputation HAS been done. I used to post a good few years back, but left partly because I found it was too easy to be rude to real people on here and it wasn't a part of myself I was particularly proud of falling prey to on occasion. Coming back after a number of years, it seems that there is still a really bitter, vindictive element on here that only justify some of the criticism the site receives.

I posted a thread in the networking forum and instead found that the thread had become a feedback thread full of pretty useless criticism instead, the purpose of which seemed to be to frighten me off rather than provide pointers. That would be fine if I actually posted in the feedback forum (which ironically, seems pretty civil) and I'm big enough and ugly enough to realise the links posted are an acquired taste to say the very least, but the welcome I got was pretty much: "Hurrr, fresh meat boys...he don't even got no rep!" There were no relevant responses to my query at all.

This site is can be an awesome resource and the reality of having a place where so many people from similar social groups in a smallish city is going to entail some clashes, it's just a shame that a small, rude element can make this place an off putting experience for some people.

Couldnt agree more. I've often thought the level of cynicism and musical snobbery on this forum is staggering. Surely anyone seriously wanting to discuss music related topics should feel safe to post here?

If I wanted to start a thread about music I honestly wanted to discuss only to have it slammed by some cunt trying to be ironic or looking for a reaction I would go post on the Aberdeen Neds forum............theres no such thing Im just using that as frame of reference for how I regard these posters.