aberdeen-music

Laptop DC Input Socket Replacement

Bigsby

The power input on my Dell Inspiron 1300 has gone all "shoogly" and is generally a pain in the arse.

It seems you can buy a replacement on ebay, like this one:

Dell Inspiron 1300 2000 2200 DC Jack power socket PJ16 on eBay, also, Cables Laptop Connectors, Laptop Accessories, Computing (end time 27-Mar-09 15:29:27 GMT)

Anybody up to the job of replacing it if I cuck a few quid their way?

The power input on my Dell Inspiron 1300 has gone all "shoogly" and is generally a pain in the arse.

It seems you can buy a replacement on ebay, like this one:

Dell Inspiron 1300 2000 2200 DC Jack power socket PJ16 on eBay, also, Cables Laptop Connectors, Laptop Accessories, Computing (end time 27-Mar-09 15:29:27 GMT)

Anybody up to the job of replacing it if I cuck a few quid their way?

holy fuck, mine is exactly the same, except I have an Inspiron 1500.

I took it to North East Peripherals and they quoted me 150, then took it to PC World who quoted me 230!!!!

So yeah, if anyone is up for helping me with this, I'll gladly sort you oot like Bigsby =)

Nice one.

I won't be back in Aberdeen for a few weeks so maybe I could drop it off with you then?

Also, this will give you ample time to attempt a dry run on unbroken's machine. :up:

Heh, well if you guys source the appropriate component, I'll be able to fit it for you and for a shedload cheaper than what you've been quoted - that's just daylight robbery and one of the reasons why we live in such a wasteful society. If you go to these gits then it's cheaper to replace than it is to repair, or at least it makes no financial sense to repair.

It might be able to be repaired (as in resoldered) but it's probably a good idea to get a replacement socket in case that proves impractical.

• Upvote 1

Heh, well if you guys source the appropriate component, I'll be able to fit it for you and for a shedload cheaper than what you've been quoted - that's just daylight robbery and one of the reasons why we live in such a wasteful society. If you go to these gits then it's cheaper to replace than it is to repair, or at least it makes no financial sense to repair.

It might be able to be repaired (as in resoldered) but it's probably a good idea to get a replacement socket in case that proves impractical.

Cheers min. We can discuss cash via PM, but on your second point I'll just order the part, just as easy to replace for four quid.