aberdeen-music

Tiger Tiger's new indie rock night

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

We played Tiger on Friday night and overall i thought it was a great success. Ok the sound isnt the best that you are gonna get but i felt the sound guy John worked his ass off to do the best he could. The staff and management were brilliant and stuck by their word of what we were paid and what we got as a "rider". The room was pretty full and the the crowd got well into it. Going on about 1am really helped as everyone was pretty boozy and created a good atmosphere....

I say given a chance it will be a good night in the future.

Well done Tiger Tiger....

Think its up against it like. If it couldnt do what it as a brand was meant to do well enough to be busy on a Friday night, wouldnt hold out much hope for it managing this.

Will be like when Liquid tried to do bands for all of about 3 weeks - hilarious! And when Liquid tried an indie night in the main room - also hilarious!

I for one, and I know countless others who like indie music just wouldnt set foot in there regardless of whether the band I liked was playing. After all chances are if its a local band you'll be able to see them somewhere kitted out for gigs in the not too distant future.

Places have a reputation - indie and Tiger Tiger dont go together in enough peoples minds.

Oh dear - I've only just come to this thread now, so started at the beginning and read my way through. I have my doubts this will last into the Summer but wish them luck. It all seems a little late too - indie in "chart terms" is starting to go somewhat underground again as people count the cost of allowing shite like Scouting for Girls to exist and everyone seems to be swallowing the media-led direction that "2009 is the year of electro". Clubs usually follow pop trends don't they? So, why not introduce this four years ago?

With a 500 strong capacity they really need to get hold of upcoming acts from around the UK - the very same ones who seem to be playing Dundee and Inverness now and missing out Aberdeen altogether...

Either that or get some shit hot DJs who know what they're playing - hey, I'll do it! Anyone ever go to Snafu on a Sunday night a few years ago? What do you mean no!

Think its up against it like. If it couldnt do what it as a brand was meant to do well enough to be busy on a Friday night, wouldnt hold out much hope for it managing this.

Will be like when Liquid tried to do bands for all of about 3 weeks - hilarious! And when Liquid tried an indie night in the main room - also hilarious!

I for one, and I know countless others who like indie music just wouldnt set foot in there regardless of whether the band I liked was playing. After all chances are if its a local band you'll be able to see them somewhere kitted out for gigs in the not too distant future.

Places have a reputation - indie and Tiger Tiger dont go together in enough peoples minds.

But as unemployed and skint as i am if they offer us literally ten times what i can get in Tunnels i am going to take it. Dont give me its "all about the music" bullshit...if some offers a me a few hundred quid for an hours work im gonna take it....

Also a free bar helped...

Its no where as good as Tunnels, Drummonds etc but is !! They also really went out their way to make it work and enjoyable as it could be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
But as unemployed and skint as i am if they offer us literally ten times what i can get in Tunnels i am going to take it. Dont give me its "all about the music" bullshit...if some offers a me a few hundred quid for an hours work im gonna take it....

Also a free bar helped...

Its no where as good as Tunnels, Drummonds etc but is !! They also really went out their way to make it work and enjoyable as it could be.

Totally man, I dont mean bands shouldnt play the gigs. I know the silly money theyve been offering bands and I sure as hell wouldnt be turning that down.