aberdeen-music

Tiger Tiger's new indie rock night

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Not sure if this has been posted before, but got this message on myspace.........

Interesting :popcorn:

Friday Night Session @ TigerTiger | MySpace.com

Tiger Tiger Aberdeen is launching a brand new live music night on the 27th March. Fridays at Tiger Tiger are now the Friday Night Session, with a rock indie theme. Our large venue is offering live bands to come perform in our club and is offering the green room (VIP lounge) for the band members and their friends to chill out in and enjoy a private bar. A mix of old and new music will be played upstairs in the main Tiger bar from Aberdeens best Indie and Rock DJsgiving you your all time favourite rock anthems from Stone Roses, the Strokes, to Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Franz Ferdinand and loads more!!!

I have attached a copy of the flyer we are using to promote the night. If you are interested in becoming part of this exciting new night and promoting your band in Aberdeen then please get in contact.

Thank you,

Tiger Tiger

Tiger Tiger, Aberdeen

1-2 Shiprow, off Union Street

Aberdeen AB11 5BY

Tel: 01224252434

...but in a hideous way!

Ha, yeah - the sort of response I was expecting.

They'll surely run out of bands fairly quickly if it's indie-rock every Friday night...

hey its an extra venue to play, cannot complain about that. Im sure it will only last for a few weeks tho.

I'm not complaining at all, I like the idea, and I'm sure Tiger Tiger mean well, but like you say - can't see it lasting very long, especially if they just stick with locals.

They could have an indie-rock night every Friday which is right up my street, but they'll have to stick the same bands on fairly regularly, unless they bring in out of town bands as well as locals.

It's a pretty good location, and downstairs could be a pretty cool venue, but it's affa big, and will take some filling...

Better than the bollocks that normally goes on in Tiger Tiger of a weekend.

I know the girl who is running it and wish her all the best.

Probably be better venue for Pub Rock folk like ourselves who's "following" is pretty much TIger Tiger going females haha!!

Can't wait for it!

;)

I thought your following was 40 year old "hotties"

Out of interest, who is DJing it?

No idea - best to go to their myspace and send them a message or give them a call or whatever...

offering live bands to come perform in our club and is offering the green room (VIP lounge) for the band members and their friends to chill out in and enjoy a private bar.

Cringe.

Are you objecting to live bands in Tiger Tiger, the Green Room itself, the concept of a VIP lounge, Tiger Tiger in general? Your liver objecting to the private bar?

Not shitstirring, just curious as your post is unclear :)

Are you objecting to live bands in Tiger Tiger, the Green Room itself, the concept of a VIP lounge, Tiger Tiger in general? Your liver objecting to the private bar?

Not shitstirring, just curious as your post is unclear :)

I was just imagining all the "im with the band" scenarios thats going to create!

A VIP Lounge in Tiger Tiger for local bands is going to add up to alot of ego manics strutting around the place! :laughing: Similar to the situation on a Saturday night with the Aberdeen players!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger Tiger

Not sure if everyone is aware, but Tiger Tiger have started doing bands on a Friday night. The plan is to hold a regular live music night every friday, open to pretty much all Indie/rock bands. The bands are set to play from 10-1, with the rest of the night being DJ's playing top Indie/Rock tracks.

Tiger is really working hard to make this work, they have made an incredible dressing room, will be hiring in a stage for gig nights, already have a top of the range inhouse sound system (which is being tested) and are willing to supply cracking riders to get in bands. The band area can hold up to 500. so if we work with Tiger this could become a really good live music venue for a Friday night.

I have been asked to organize the bookings, so If anyone is interested in a gig at Tiger, please contact me at scott@rsdltd.co.uk or on 07792347766.

Cheers

Tunker

• Upvote 1

That should be pretty decent if it takes off,

When do they start?

Any bands been confirmed?

It starts Friday 27/3 (Tomorrow night). Sanctuary are playing on the opening night, with support.

Still working on bands for the following week, this has been thrown on me at pretty short notice. So if anyone wants a short notice gig, let me know ASAP.

Now that I think about it tiger tiger got in touch with one of our staff about us putting on their band nights, But this was maybe 2/3 months ago.

It will be decent having a venue of almost same size as moshulu in aberdeen accepting indie bands.

I think it could be a big bonus for the Aberdeen music scene. Have had a lot of interest from bands, so here's hoping

If you want my suggestion, lower the amount of gigs the venue puts on to one a month. Make it a big event, three GOOD local bands and you should pull more of a crowd / get a better reputation than if you put on three shitty bands every Friday that only their mates come along to.

spot on.