aberdeen-music

The Doghouse

Inkster

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
played there a while ago to about 4 people, each band member was paid with a burger.

A burger?? Bastards - I'd have loved a burger, but we got fuck all.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i might add that it was the first date of a tour, not just a 'nip down and play' thing.

we did those dates in a transit van with an old armchair strapped to the floor in the back, which i sat in. the police stopped us one night after busting our driver parking so that he could indulge in some public urination. he had been drinking that day as we were supposed to stay over but decided to head home, so while he wasn't pissed i have absolutely no doubt that he was over the limit. I hid under a blanket while he insisted that he was lost and looking for tesco, and eventually we were directed there by the cop car. shittingly scary.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
i might add that it was the first date of a tour, not just a 'nip down and play' thing.

we did those dates in a transit van with an old armchair strapped to the floor in the back, which i sat in. the police stopped us one night after busting our driver parking so that he could indulge in some public urination. he had been drinking that day as we were supposed to stay over but decided to head home, so while he wasn't pissed i have absolutely no doubt that he was over the limit. I hid under a blanket while he insisted that he was lost and looking for tesco, and eventually we were directed there by the cop car. shittingly scary.

That is a wonderful story.

Our Doghouse experience was a "nip down and play" thing. Our drummer's GPS guided us into a car park round the back of some shop, but we were plenty early and found it fairly easily in the end. Our guitarist got stuck at work and rushed down, made soundcheck with about 30 seconds to spare, and we slagged off his stupid skinny tie that he was wearing. He got grumpy, and I think hated the whole Dundee experience. He doesn't handle stress well.

Nowhere near as good as Tam's story...

Sanctuary are playing in the Mont-er-ose British Legion on Friday

different Sanctuary?

Yep. Sorry man man, you'll need to wait longer to see the hunky Sexytunk in action, I can feel you're disappointment from here! :laughing:

My Sanctuary a tribute to 80's Rockers The Cult. I think the Sanctuary from Montrose are a standard covers band. However, we are due to be playing the Black Abbott in Montrose soon, and the Viewfield in Arbroath? So do please come check us out.

Cheers

Tunker

Not a bad word from me. Jonathan was a sound guy and dealt with us fairly. Only complaint I have is that my gigs were hardcore style and The Doghouse really is an Indie venue therefore I never got as many people as I think I maybe could've at say Dexters for example.

They were quite happy to do as much promotion as they could by going round Dundee sticking up posters etc if we went them through either physical or in e-mail format.

We were even gonna get money off on our next booking if it hadn't shut down.