aberdeen-music

The Doghouse

Inkster

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
The lassie that ran it Sarah was a twat anyway. Was just a matter of time before she fucked up another decent rock venue!

History?

On too many occassions to tell

My only encounter was turning up to the Doghouse for a gig and Sarah going "who are you?" "The Underkills" "Oh, eh, who?" "The Underkills, spoke to you a couple of days ago" "Oh, yeah, um, hold on a minute" Comes back about 10 minutes later to tell us we're soundchecking now, and we'll be on at 7.30 as soon as doors open cos they've booked 5 bands instead of 4.

Doghouse with 10 people in it is (was) amazing. :)

My only encounter was turning up to the Doghouse for a gig and Sarah going "who are you?" "The Underkills" "Oh, eh, who?" "The Underkills, spoke to you a couple of days ago" "Oh, yeah, um, hold on a minute" Comes back about 10 minutes later to tell us we're soundchecking now, and we'll be on at 7.30 as soon as doors open cos they've booked 5 bands instead of 4.

Doghouse with 10 people in it is (was) amazing. :)

We went down with ABDC a few years ago on the agreement of 300 plus a rider, she said thats all she could pay cause we couldn't guarantee a crowd, and we had to provide support as well. Turns out she sold 200 tickets at 8 a pop, plus more through the door, we never got a penny more, she wouldn't even give our support a rider, and we weren't allowed anyone on a guest list.

We went down with ABDC a few years ago on the agreement of 300 plus a rider, she said thats all she could pay cause we couldn't guarantee a crowd, and we had to provide support as well. Turns out she sold 200 tickets at 8 a pop, plus more through the door, we never got a penny more, she wouldn't even give our support a rider, and we weren't allowed anyone on a guest list.

She never paid us a penny :(

But told us we'd definitely get a gig at the Doghouse again, on a better slot, busier venue etc etc. Never happened.

She never paid us a penny :(

But told us we'd definitely get a gig at the Doghouse again, on a better slot, busier venue etc etc. Never happened.

She recently tried to get Sanctuary down, but on an even worse deal, fuck that! Is a shame though, cause it always seemed a busy venue. Hopefully someone will take it over and run it properly.

I've always wondered, tunk...just how sexy ARE you!?

Well first of all Treader can I say, how delighted I am that you spend time thinking of my sexyness!

To answer you're question. Have you ever seen Catherine Zeta Jones in Entrapment, the scene where she is crawling under the laser beams? I'm as sexy as that scene, Iknow I know, pretty damn sexy!

I do not like Catherine Zeta Jones.

Unlucky for you. (although I can't imagine I'm the audience you're catering for)

Ah you're a gay. Well for you're type, imagine Brad Pitt or something. :laughing:

(If you really are gay, I meant no offence by this, it was just male playground humour, GRRR)

Ah you're a gay. Well for you're type, imagine Brad Pitt or something. :laughing:

(If you really are gay, I meant no offence by this, it was just male playground humour, GRRR)

He is gay, and he likes men that growl at him

You got what you agreed beforehand didn't you?

Although I agree that not giving you a few free guesties and maybe a pint or two for the support is a bit stingy, since they can easily be hidden in the books, the contract was fulfilled.

You're in the music business, you got burned in a business deal. Chalk it down to experience and learn from your mistakes.

You got what you agreed beforehand didn't you?

Although I agree that not giving you a few free guesties and maybe a pint or two for the support is a bit stingy, since they can easily be hidden in the books, the contract was fulfilled.

You're in the music business, you got burned in a business deal. Chalk it down to experience and learn from your mistakes.

Ian what happened to the hugs and bozies I got years ago?

Yeh I agree! But she also agreed there would be no ticket sales, if we knew there would be ticket sales we would definately have went for a %. She made an absolute killing that night, she could have at least tried to "look after us".

Ian what happened to the hugs and bozies I got years ago?

Yeh I agree! But she also agreed there would be no ticket sales, if we knew there would be ticket sales we would definately have went for a %. She made an absolute killing that night, she could have at least tried to "look after us".

Ah, so she didn't fulfil her end of the deal then.

Forget what I said, carry on with the character assassination.

:kiss: (just for old times sake)