aberdeen-music

Stolen Guitar Gear

Bonesaw Bazz

Hey,

dunno if this is best place to put this.. but.. i got my car broken into last night and the following was in the boot. If you can keep your eyes/ears open for this shit.. i'd be UBER greatful.

Amp Head:

Peavey 5150. Recovered with Urban Camo (Black/White/Grey) and has no board behind the grille. American power supply so will come with a Transformer. The handle of the Tranny was broken and repaired using tie-wraps.

Guitar:

In semi hardcase, fabric outter covering and handles. All black (inc lining) i forget the make but it has a silver oval logo disk attached to the top.

Epiphone G400 SG Toni Iommi, all black (inc hardware) with "cross" inlays on fretboard.

Extra's held in case:

1 x Boss Heavy Metal HM-2

1 x Boss Tuner TU-2

2 x Cobra leads (1 x 8mtr, 1 x 4mtr) the shorter being a "sidewinder" (plug at 45degrees)

2 x small patch leads

1 X Strap with "Kreator" patch stitched to it.

plus some loose assorted strings.

Cheers Guys

Bazz

Gutted for you man, that totally sucks. I had my car broken into just before Xmas and all they took was my Ipod and I was sick as a dog, so can't imagine how shitty it must be to lose all your gear. Get on the blower to Cash Converters, RnB etc. and give them a description, if you haven't already...

Ahh man, too bad, will keep my ear to the ground. I always try to take stuff out of the car but I know how it is, sometimes you just think "It'll be OK for one night..."

Nutshell! My car ain't parked that close to the flat either. So the distance i gotta carry it makes it all the worse.. Some stuff was taken out the car though. Never enough hands.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Dirty thieving bastards. That's fucking gutting dude.

My father-in-law's office was broken into and trashed at the weekend, bastards nicked a few computers. My car was left overnight, keys in it and everything (I live in the sticks, in the middle of nowhere - house is next to the office - still no excuse), with bass, pedals, ipod and shit in the boot. I think we disturbed them when we came home, but my car was open and I think they planned loading my car up and driving away with the stolen gear plus whatever was in my car.

I've been in a bad mood about thieving cunts ever since, and this has just pissed me off again.

Hope you somehow find your stuff Baz.

I'm sorry to hear of this, I know what it's like to have your car broken into too, but I've never had anything more serious than a car stereo nicked.

I hope you manage to recover your gear.

On an unrelated note, looks like another vote for the Boss TU-2 ;)

Nutshell! My car ain't parked that close to the flat either. So the distance i gotta carry it makes it all the worse.. Some stuff was taken out the car though. Never enough hands.

Yeah, I know, it's like 1 in the morning or something and you think "Fuck it, it'll be OK"... and usually it is.

Gutted for you, any hope for insurance?

Yeah, I know, it's like 1 in the morning or something and you think "Fuck it, it'll be OK"... and usually it is.

I had to claim in November for an accident in the Snow.. I ran into the side of a Taxi who then spun round and hit a parked car. Fairly low damage other than my car... but i'm twitchy about claiming so soon. When something more worthy could happen in the next 5years?? A horrible dilemma. Total cost is around a grand to replace everything, including windows. A Bugera 6260 getting bought instead of a old bucket of a 5150 (unless a sweet deal on a MKI comes my way in the pub haha). So, not entirely sure it's worth bothering the insurance about..

ARSE!!!!

I'm quite bad for leaving stuff lying in the car overnight. I usually think if it's in the boot and out of sight then it's OK, if they look in and don't see anything obvious they won't try and break in. However since I drive a Ford Ka, once there's an amp in the boot it's full so you have to put stuff in the back seat. I don't leave it parked overnight with stuff in the back seat but I quite often go for a pint after band practice and leave the car parked outside the pub with guitar-shaped padded cases in the back seat.

I generally wouldn't leave my guitars overnight but that's because of the potential damage to the finish etc from leaving it in the cold.

I'm usually quite good at taking th efront panel off my stereo but sometimes I can't be arsed, and that's even with having stereos nicked twice. :(

I generally wouldn't leave my guitars overnight but that's because of the potential damage to the finish etc from leaving it in the cold.

I'm usually quite good at taking th efront panel off my stereo but sometimes I can't be arsed, and that's even with having stereos nicked twice. :(

well.. i can top that for dumbness. My car easily gets broken into at least once a year. It's maybe been every 8months or so this last 3 times. Everytime, nothing was stolen (except once as my locking nut key has gone) and they never looked in the boot. Not that there was anything of value in there normally. I rarely leave anything of value in there because of that fact. Like you say.. it'll be ok just tonight... If i ever meet a Mr. Sod, i'm gonna shove his Law up her fucking KHUNT!!!! Once i've carved it!!!!!

yeah theivin fuckers thats bad man i aint had my gear nicked out my car but i have had 3 of my cars broken into and the third time the tried to take the car tooo anyway man im sure if you get new stuff or your stuff back all will be good if you get instrament insurence im sure it covers bein in your car or van and wot not you could try when you get stuff to replace it or hopefully your gear back

Guest Motleyal

Real sorry to hear about your gear mate.

I'd go as far as getting in touch with Dundee music shops. Your gear is pretty unusual, so i think there is a good chance of recovery.

All the best.