aberdeen-music

De Rosa + Headlight @ Cafe Drummonds

You can listen to some recent De Rosa live sessions for Marc Riley BBC 6 music here:

iPlayer Radio Console

And the Vic Galloway show Radio Scotland here:

BBC - Scotland - Vic Galloway Show - Sessions - De Rosa

De Rosa "Prevention" out now on Chemikal underground Records

Featuring guests musicians Barry Burns (Mogwai) and Robert Johnson (Life Without Buildings), with artwork by Alasdair Gray.

DE ROSA *NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

De Rosa: 2nd Album Prevention Is Released 2/3/09

Upcoming Dates:

20 Mar THE CAPTAINS REST GLASGOW

22 Mar FENCE HOMEGAME FESTIVAL WARM UP ANSTRUTHER

23 Mar Cafe Drummonds ABERDEEN

24 Mar An Tobar MULL

25 Mar Fired Art FORT WILLIAM

26 Mar Mad Hatters INVERNESS

27 Mar Community Centre PORTREE

28 Mar Sneaky Petes EDINBURGH

29 Mar BRITISH WILDLIFE FESTIVAL @ The Brudenell LEEDS

30 Mar The End NEWCASTLE

1 Apr CHEMIKAL UNDERGROUND SHOWCASE @ LUMINAIRE LONDON

2 Apr W/ THE MEKONS @ Brixton Windmill LONDON

3 Apr The Mothers Ruin BRISTOL

6 Apr PARADISO AMSTERDAM, NL

8 Apr VERA GRONINGEN, NL

9 Apr CUL DE SAC TILBURG, NL

18 Apr FENCES HOMEGAME FESTIVAL Anstruther, Fife

30 Apr 2009 HINTERLAND FESTIVAL GLASGOW

2 May PLAFF FESTIVAL GRANADA, SPAIN

• 2 weeks later...

mmmm de rosa were brilliant. the slanted and enchanted show was good but this was just great! new tunes come across well and everything just seemed to click. that was sure to be one of the tightest performances i see all year long

enjoyed both supports too (which is very unusual for me these days) ... btw how good is the voice of the guy from headlight. jeepers he has some range on him

mmmm de rosa were brilliant. the slanted and enchanted show was good but this was just great! new tunes come across well and everything just seemed to click. that was sure to be one of the tightest performances i see all year long

enjoyed both supports too (which is very unusual for me these days) ... btw how good is the voice of the guy from headlight. jeepers he has some range on him

Yeah, De Rosa were awesome, one of the best live performances I've seen in a long time. Especially considering the major problems they had with the sound desk; credit to all the sound guys for getting that sorted out. Ace night. Hugely nice guys too.

Haha, thanks man. Glad you enjoyed it. :love:

Guest idol_wild

I failed to make it along due to about six different conflicting circumstances. Sad times.

But yes, I agree about Ewan Headlight's voice. I've seen Headlight about 3/4 times now and I always remember thinking "that boy can sing!"