aberdeen-music

Winter in Siberia

framheim

Winter in Siberia on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

i'm not sure i want to post this but i'll do it anyway. i've stuck a fairly rough recording of one of our songs up on our myspace. feedback is welcome but dreaded.

some points to make though, i'm no sound engineer and it was recorded on my pc with a cheap mic and limited skill. i'm not much of a singer either. :)

Very nice and relaxing musically. Very enjoyable. Not so keen on the singing though in all honesty. It's not terrible but i'm not overly enamored with it.

cheers phil. it's not the best vocal take i've ever done. i'm sure my singing will improve as i learn more about my voice and get used to doing it. part of the reason for me wanting to have a bash at the singing was just to push myself out of my comfort zone, we're not looking to be the best band in aberdeen/the world but just to have some fun and make some interesting music.

glad you enjoyed the music though! :)

cheers phil. it's not the best vocal take i've ever done. i'm sure my singing will improve as i learn more about my voice and get used to doing it. part of the reason for me wanting to have a bash at the singing was just to push myself out of my comfort zone, we're not looking to be the best band in aberdeen/the world but just to have some fun and make some interesting music.

glad you enjoyed the music though! :)

There's no danger i could've done any better with the singing :D

The music was very soothing in a Set Fire To Flames/Silver Mt Zion kinda way :) I liked it muchly.

Is there gonna be more percussion? Could sound pretty nice with the brushed ride cymbals and toms, and a really flappy snare. I liked the guitar, and the tone of it. It all sounds very warm.

yea there will be percussion and bass soon. i agree that we need some brush action.

yeah i liked it too dave...not bad for a 'rough' recording. i quite liked the kinda vintage-y (excuse the making up of a word there) sound it seemed to have! yes, vocals may be a bit shaky but im sure they'll sort themselves out with practice...and just an overall 'tightning up' of everything will come with more practice too...

sounding good tho...im sure a couple of promoters on here will be itching to book you when you good and ready ;)