aberdeen-music

Do you read music magazines? (Dissertation help please!)

kirkt

Guest Bob Double Jack

done. I'd have put classic rock on the list of magazines though, which was one of the few to show an increase in it's ABC figure year on year I believe.

I did this as I regularly read NME despite loathing a lot of what is printed in it (I enjoy having a weekly music press and despite all the shit, there's some occasionally great journalism). I also sympathise with your plight as I'm doing a dissertation on independent subculture so covering some of the same areas.

Could have done with an 'undecided' option in the next election area though as I voted in the last one but don't know who I'll vote for in the next yet. I just filled it in on the 'other' section.

I'd also have liked to have seen clarification of what I'd selected as I voted SNP in the last election which was dangerously close to BNP and I would not like anyone to believe I was a BNP supporter due to scattershot clicking!

All in all a good survey though.

Thank for the responses. Yep, it's Publishing with Journalism although the main body of the dissertation is to link politics and music, in particular the NME and it's fight against far right politics and compare it to other magazines on the go. I realised I missed a few key ones when listing (Rock Sound, The Word), so apologies. To do this I also was interested in seeing if NME readers share interests/values when it comes to politics but to analyse this I need to compare this to that of readers of other music magazines.

Someone responded with the question "its none of your business" to the who did you vote for question. I just want to point out you don't have to leave your details and there is an option for I'd rather not say (or of course you can just ignore the question completely if you'd rather I think)

cheers!

i used to buy the nme and melody maker religiously (and before that record mirror and sounds), i still occasionally buy nme and always regret it as most of whats in it usually involves hamming up some 2 bit indie band to be 'the best new band in britain'

i miss melody maker and record maker but times change and i mainly use the net to seek out new music these days

Guest idol_wild
i used to buy the nme and melody maker religiously (and before that record mirror and sounds), i still occasionally buy nme and always regret it as most of whats in it usually involves hamming up some 2 bit indie band to be 'the best new band in britain'

i miss melody maker and record maker but times change and i mainly use the net to seek out new music these days

I miss Melody Maker too actually.

Does anyone remember Select magazine? That was a beezer of a magazine.