aberdeen-music

Single red light of almost death!

Lucius

Care to back that up a little. The only "known" problem with the PS3 is a problematic BD drive. There are a lot more faulty Xboxs than PS3s.

Your blanket statements are pretty stupid and ignorant if you ask me. If you would like to back up a little of what you say with some statistics i'll reconsider your point of view because as it stands i know different and you just come across as an Xbox fanboy.

Lol, I smell a Sony fanboy.

Don't worry, I am sure there will be 2 or so games worth picking up this year for PS3. Maybe...

Why is it that I still need to insert the disc for the game, even after I have installed it onto my hard drive? I assume it is some sort of copy-protection thing (i.e. you can't install the game on your mate's 360 and the bugger off with the disc), but it jsut seems a bit pointless otherwise to have the disc in the drive, yet nothing is being read off of it.

I thought they just copied some data onto the HDD as opposed to the whole game?

Why is it that I still need to insert the disc for the game, even after I have installed it onto my hard drive? I assume it is some sort of copy-protection thing (i.e. you can't install the game on your mate's 360 and the bugger off with the disc), but it just seems a bit pointless otherwise to have the disc in the drive, yet nothing is being read off of it.

for exactly the reason you said, copy protection. The point of doing it is so your cd drive doesnt have to constantly load infortamtion for the game to run, all the information is on your xbox, and since 90% of the problems with xboxes stem from it overheating due to the cd drive constantly reading data it does actually make a huge difference. As i said tho the only issue with it is if you play games like halo and call of duty which require maps to be loaded regularly, your ok if you dont switch games because the info will still be cached.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...