aberdeen-music

Single red light of almost death!

Lucius

Do you actually have every console every made, ever?

No not quite.

Never owned a Master System, 3DO, Atari5600, Game Gear, Saturn or Neo Geo.

Actually I never knew anyone who had a Neo Geo just people who use to crowd into Solid Gold on Holburn and play it there.

I hated that shop....always too crowded.

I have quite a history of being an antisocial and obsessive gamer. One summer by Granny was moaning that I never went outside so I took the Atari and a portable TV into the garden. I could barely see the screen because of the sun but I didn't let that stop me.

Sorry I distracted myself and started rambling and went off subject.

Had my xbox for 16 months or so now and never had a problem. I know its only just around the corner though so not going to get smug.

On the otherhand, I had a shot of a mates PS3 for a fortnight and it fucked up big time as it lay there untouched and undisturbed. Lucky enough the error was a recognised problem that no-one had any reason for why it came about so my mate didn't think I'd been misusing it. Took him an age to get a new one back as well.

Had my xbox for 16 months or so now and never had a problem. I know its only just around the corner though so not going to get smug.

On the otherhand, I had a shot of a mates PS3 for a fortnight and it fucked up big time as it lay there untouched and undisturbed

Did it inadverantly cause a rip in the space time continuum or trip some up as they were passing?

:)

I used to play the Neo Geo in Solid Gold too. I remember playing a side scrolling beat 'em up called "Mutation Nation". At the time there was nothing to come close to it in terms of graphics.

Also Leisureland in Bridge Street used to have a few Neo Geo cabs, and at various points it had some great games like Samurai Shodown 1&2, the Art of Fighting, King of the Fighters 94, and there always seemed to be a footy game of some description there (Super Sidekicks I think). I wish that place still had videogames :down:

Here's a fact.

PS3 has more problems and as yet unsolved ones more so than the Xbox 360. The fact that the 360 uses a simple system to identify the problems other than error messages has made it more noticable. I bet people didn't know that Sony while making a loss with PS3 are now also offering 3 years extra warrenty... no questions asked.

Here's a fact.

PS3 has more problems and as yet unsolved ones more so than the Xbox 360. The fact that the 360 uses a simple system to identify the problems other than error messages has made it more noticable. I bet people didn't know that Sony while making a loss with PS3 are now also offering 3 years extra warrenty... no questions asked.

Where do you get your absolute nonsense "facts" from?

From work thanks, statistics and Sony themselves. Any more questions good sir?

Care to back that up a little. The only "known" problem with the PS3 is a problematic BD drive. There are a lot more faulty Xboxs than PS3s.

Your blanket statements are pretty stupid and ignorant if you ask me. If you would like to back up a little of what you say with some statistics i'll reconsider your point of view because as it stands i know different and you just come across as an Xbox fanboy.

Care to back that up a little. The only "known" problem with the PS3 is a problematic BD drive. There are a lot more faulty Xboxs than PS3s.

Your blanket statements are pretty stupid and ignorant if you ask me. If you would like to back up a little of what you say with some statistics i'll reconsider your point of view because as it stands i know different and you just come across as an Xbox fanboy.

This is my 3rd attempt at posting from my ever so dusty PS3 so fingers crossed!

Phil as it stands you know different, keep up to date a bit and you might understand a bit more. It's a bit ignorant of you to say the only 'known' problem is the BD drive. There are MANY problems with the PS3. This ranges from simple things like syncing and setting up wireless networks - some PS3's don't even work at all regarding that.

There are many warnings the machine displays when a non-error occurs. This means there isn't an error at all regarding the displayed problem and the majority of these known issues are due to various connectivity issues. The randomness is sometimes linked to corruption due to network login errors, firewalls, or simply by just leaving your blu-ray disc in the tray while attempting multi-tasking!

Yes your right about there being more faulty Xboxs. Well done, who hasn't heard about that?! Still even with a 2 year lead over the PS3 xboxs come back alot more but with the same and only common problems. Over heating, RROD, HD failures. PS3 as I said has MANY more problems than an Xbox360 does. Just the same it suffers from over heating, HD failures and 20x more so other problems you just wouldn't have with an Xbox.

And the majority of PS3 users will vouch and curse the umpteenth time at the rate some errors occur for no reason.

80GB models seem to be ok in the hardware dept. despite Sony claiming they are reducing size of some components. Sound familiar? Other than that you can't get 40GB models anymore for reasons being the first hardware launch they indeed had many a problem yet it was the only version to offer gamers backwards compatibility! I havn't play tested or seen a 160GB model working but from what friends have said and general feedback from consumers have said to me personally or within ear shot is that all is well after their 1st/2nd and even 3rd console.

To the statistics just check out some of the leading games industries websites for detailed info. Check retailers, check company stock reports, excess and control. Or head on over to the Sony forums where you will probably shit bricks.

Or from another perspective. What reason do gamers have to play their PS3? Other than being a hyped up BR player surely with the 6-8 exclusives that are available doesn't make for it being used consistantly as much as Xboxes do hence those still unknown factors for regurgitating errors. With an Xbox you play it and do whatever it provides hassel free until 1 of 3 things. With a PS3 the likelyhood of it surviving is far greater but getting it to do what it says it does is another thing.

I'm not a fanboy, I just prefer the 360 because it provides alot more. My 360 is always on for many things like music. I can play music all day on my 360 without..

8002b241 - DVI has no audio. - not even using DVI wtf?!

80028EA5 - Unknown

8001006F - Connectivity Issues etc... even though I am connected...

...but at the end of the day I'm a PC gamer. That's where my gaming really stepped up. I use Windows which I suppose is a Microsoft thing so I guess that still means I'm a fanboy *yawn. And Shit yeah PC's and errors! Don't get me started.

Right I'm off to put back in the 360 and watch a film in 1080p streamed from my external HD without a hitch. Not to rub it in but if I was to try this with my PS3... which doesn't even upscale for gods sake...

gamer411_com-blog-117-1.jpg

And by the way, I don't go saying shit on a forum for no fucking reason other than to spread a fact or voice opinion. If I have absolutly no experience or knowledge on the matter I would STFU and not say anything. So don't be quick to make assumptions if your ok to reconsider dude! Which if you don't take in anything it's ok, it's natural that you probably won't want to anyway!

Phil as it stands you know different, keep up to date a bit and you might understand a bit more. It's a bit ignorant of you to say the only 'known' problem is the BD drive. There are MANY problems with the PS3. This ranges from simple things like syncing and setting up wireless networks - some PS3's don't even work at all regarding that.

There are many warnings the machine displays when a non-error occurs. This means there isn't an error at all regarding the displayed problem and the majority of these known issues are due to various connectivity issues. The randomness is sometimes linked to corruption due to network login errors, firewalls, or simply by just leaving your blu-ray disc in the tray while attempting multi-tasking!

Yes your right about there being more faulty Xboxs. Well done, who hasn't heard about that?! Still even with a 2 year lead over the PS3 xboxs come back alot more but with the same and only common problems. Over heating, RROD, HD failures. PS3 as I said has MANY more problems than an Xbox360 does. Just the same it suffers from over heating, HD failures and 20x more so other problems you just wouldn't have with an Xbox.

And the majority of PS3 users will vouch and curse the umpteenth time at the rate some errors occur for no reason.

80GB models seem to be ok in the hardware dept. despite Sony claiming they are reducing size of some components. Sound familiar? Other than that you can't get 40GB models anymore for reasons being the first hardware launch they indeed had many a problem yet it was the only version to offer gamers backwards compatibility! I havn't play tested or seen a 160GB model working but from what friends have said and general feedback from consumers have said to me personally or within ear shot is that all is well after their 1st/2nd and even 3rd console.

To the statistics just check out some of the leading games industries websites for detailed info. Check retailers, check company stock reports, excess and control. Or head on over to the Sony forums where you will probably shit bricks.

Or from another perspective. What reason do gamers have to play their PS3? Other than being a hyped up BR player surely with the 6-8 exclusives that are available doesn't make for it being used consistantly as much as Xboxes do hence those still unknown factors for regurgitating errors. With an Xbox you play it and do whatever it provides hassel free until 1 of 3 things. With a PS3 the likelyhood of it surviving is far greater but getting it to do what it says it does is another thing.

I'm not a fanboy, I just prefer the 360 because it provides alot more. My 360 is always on for many things like music. I can play music all day on my 360 without..

80028EA5 - Unknown

...but at the end of the day I'm a PC gamer. That's where my gaming really stepped up. I use Windows which I suppose is a Microsoft thing so I guess that still means I'm a fanboy *yawn. And Shit yeah PC's and errors! Don't get me started.

Right I'm off to put back in the 360 and watch a film in 1080p streamed from my external HD without a hitch. Not to rub it in but if I was to try this with my PS3... which doesn't even upscale for gods sake...

And by the way, I don't go saying shit on a forum for no fucking reason other than to spread a fact or voice opinion. If I have absolutly no experience or knowledge on the matter I would STFU and not say anything. So don't be quick to make assumptions if your ok to reconsider dude! Which if you don't take in anything it's ok, it's natural that you probably won't want to anyway!

Cheers for taking the time on that one.

From my experience a lot of "errors" are due to poor set-up and user error, but i will concede that even my one on the occassion has done some bizarre stuff over the time i've had it (but nothing that would send me into a blind fit of rage about it).

99.9% (of satistics are all made up) of the time my PS3 works both streaming wirelessly music and video-wise faultlessly. I've never had a problem with game freeze or problems with the Blu Drive myself. I've never had a problem with HDMI sync with my TV either, something that i know people do sometimes have issues with using certain types of TV.

The random network errors tend to happen more on PS3s that are set-up over a wireless network and vary a lot depending on which sort of network you have it set up on.

Being a PC gamer yourself i'm sure you're aware that PCs have a random habit of doing very uncharacteristic things so they're no different to PS3s in that respect yet i can't imagine you getting on a forum spouting that all PCs are shit.

I'm on AVForums all the time and keep an eye on problems in both the PS3 and Xbox sections and to be honest the PS3 forum isn't littered with as many "my (insert console here) is totally bricked!" threads as the Xbox one.

I have nothing against the Xbox at all, it's a great wee machine for gaming and i'm sometimes envious of the titles that it gets but for the most part it's a shoddily put together piece of kit which Microsoft QC should be shot for. The PS3 is miles more reliable.

I'm sure that if you compare PS3 owners on here and the take a percentage of those who've had problems and compare that to Xbox 360 owners on here that have had problems it'll be a fairly one-sided statistic.

I've certainly taken in what you've said and taken it on board but as i said before i have a different side to that story so i'm still not enclined to favour your take on things.

I take back my Xbox Fanboy insult then and i'll change it to PC snob ;)

80028EA5 - Unknown

its ok phil is the biggest PS3 fan boy there has been, he doesnt take kindly to bad words being spoken about them.

Your right tho, i know a few folk who hate their PS3's for most of the reasons you have said there, main one being the complete lack of decent games.

80028EA5 - Unknown

Ouch! Thats a comeback and half!

its ok phil is the biggest PS3 fan boy there has been, he doesnt take kindly to bad words being spoken about them.

Your right tho, i know a few folk who hate their PS3's for most of the reasons you have said there, main one being the complete lack of decent games.

That's not true in the slightest Milney boy :down:

Damm i was hoping you would bite better than that :p

I was only jesting, appart from the bit about my mates and the PS3 most of them do regret paying all that money for a machine that doesnt have that many great games complared to the 360.

Haha, nah i appreciate that the PS3 is a little lacking on the exclusives front but it certainly has good games on it (i'm not going to bother listing good games because that's very subjective obviously). The Xbox has had a little more time to gather together a larger list of titles and there is a lot of shit on there too (perhaps a lot more than on the PS3 due to the volume of titles on Xbox).

I know plenty of people who have PS3s and don't regret buying them (more than a few on here actually). Mine gets more use for Blu playback and DVD/Media Upscaling (yes, not to rub it Subtle Arts but it works perfectly on mine) and streamin both Video and Audio over a wireless network. It wasn't a hassle to set up and i could count the problems i've had with it dropping signal on one hand in the 18 months i've had mine.

I play the odd game here and there and they look stunning on my TV and i enjoy playing them. So i'm a happy customer and that's all that matters to me really.

Haha, nah i appreciate that the PS3 is a little lacking on the exclusives front but it certainly has good games on it (i'm not going to bother listing good games because that's very subjective obviously). The Xbox has had a little more time to gather together a larger list of titles and there is a lot of shit on there too (perhaps a lot more than on the PS3 due to the volume of titles on Xbox).

I know plenty of people who have PS3s and don't regret buying them (more than a few on here actually). Mine gets more use for Blu playback and DVD/Media Upscaling (yes, not to rub it Subtle Arts but it works perfectly on mine) and streamin both Video and Audio over a wireless network. It wasn't a hassle to set up and i could count the problems i've had with it dropping signal on one hand in the 18 months i've had mine.

I play the odd game here and there and they look stunning on my TV and i enjoy playing them. So i'm a happy customer and that's all that matters to me really.

yup exactly, if you like it then there can be no argument.

Cheers for taking the time on that one.

From my experience a lot of "errors" are due to poor set-up and user error, but i will concede that even my one on the occassion has done some bizarre stuff over the time i've had it (but nothing that would send me into a blind fit of rage about it).

99.9% (of satistics are all made up) of the time my PS3 works both streaming wirelessly music and video-wise faultlessly. I've never had a problem with game freeze or problems with the Blu Drive myself. I've never had a problem with HDMI sync with my TV either, something that i know people do sometimes have issues with using certain types of TV.

The random network errors tend to happen more on PS3s that are set-up over a wireless network and vary a lot depending on which sort of network you have it set up on.

Being a PC gamer yourself i'm sure you're aware that PCs have a random habit of doing very uncharacteristic things so they're no different to PS3s in that respect yet i can't imagine you getting on a forum spouting that all PCs are shit.

I'm on AVForums all the time and keep an eye on problems in both the PS3 and Xbox sections and to be honest the PS3 forum isn't littered with as many "my (insert console here) is totally bricked!" threads as the Xbox one.

I have nothing against the Xbox at all, it's a great wee machine for gaming and i'm sometimes envious of the titles that it gets but for the most part it's a shoddily put together piece of kit which Microsoft QC should be shot for. The PS3 is miles more reliable.

I'm sure that if you compare PS3 owners on here and the take a percentage of those who've had problems and compare that to Xbox 360 owners on here that have had problems it'll be a fairly one-sided statistic.

I've certainly taken in what you've said and taken it on board but as i said before i have a different side to that story so i'm still not enclined to favour your take on things.

I take back my Xbox Fanboy insult then and i'll change it to PC snob ;)

PC Snob is fine for me. I'm addicted to gamerpoints right now so my PC gets shunted only for forums rants and designing haha.

I agree with how you see things. I do believe MS rushed the console out, providing support for it is all fine and dandy but it's the principal it shouldn't happen but the PS3 is the same and only now is Sony offering the same support. You are one of a percentage that doesn't encounter a problem touch wood.

I'm on my 3rd Xbox and it's showing signs of what could be a laser fault. I've moved twice in the last 5 months so it wouldn't suprise me if it's had a knock or two.

Right I'm off to work, and also to think about what games to play tonight! Any ideas for easy achievements, I'm in a gamerscore challenge haha!

Linky

because it is cheaper for them just to fix them and ship them back out.

As was said, they just have a huge file of broken ones and fixed ones, when you put yours in, you get one out of the fixed pile sent out to you and they put your one on the waiting list to get fixed and then give it to some other mug.

As i said tho installing games onto it will make a big difference in terms of how long they will last, ive had two in three years, not bad going considering i play halo almost every day.

Why is it that I still need to insert the disc for the game, even after I have installed it onto my hard drive? I assume it is some sort of copy-protection thing (i.e. you can't install the game on your mate's 360 and the bugger off with the disc), but it just seems a bit pointless otherwise to have the disc in the drive, yet nothing is being read off of it.