aberdeen-music

Single red light of almost death!

Lucius

I turned on my xbox this morning and got a single red light flashing.

Contacted Xbox support but what am I suppose to do with the rest of my day?

Anyone had single red light experience and feel like cheering me up with some good news stories about how easy it was to fix?

At least its not RROD I suppose. Already lost 1 console to that.

I turned on my xbox this morning and got a single red light flashing.

Contacted Xbox support but what am I suppose to do with the rest of my day?

Anyone had single red light experience and feel like cheering me up with some good news stories about how easy it was to fix?

At least its not RROD I suppose. Already lost 1 console to that.

How about prising yourself out of your festering wank-pit and going for a nice walk in the fresh air?! :laughing:

• Upvote 1

There something going here that we don't know about?!

20:15 my son switches on his 360 and gets the single red light. 20:30 I switch on the one in the lounge and get the the red ring of death! Two otherwise fine 360's dead within minutes of one another. One of them is a previously officially repaired job.

Strikes me as very odd! and annoying.! More over I again have to rant about the cheapness of hardware that doesn't last 16 months o_O:swearing:X(

Just send it back to Microsoft and they'll send you a refurbished or new model. They don't even check the faulty models they get in. They just fix them and pawn them off to someone else who's Xbox broke.

My step dads xbox RROD'd and it was chipped and modded twice for playing copied/downloaded games. They sent him a refurbished one within a week or so.

i think they did it for all xboxes no matter when you got it as long as you bought it new, i think anyway.

You can install games on it now to stop you having to run the cd drive all the time which will make it last a lot longer, although you have to be careful with games like halo or call of duty. Brilliant for GTA tho.

How about prising yourself out of your festering wank-pit and going for a nice walk in the fresh air?! :laughing:

You and I both know thats not gonna happen.......anyway fresh air smells funny!

Turns out its something to do with the ethernet port.

I'm just going to have to send it away and wait for it to be repaired.

Just glad its not the harddrive as if I had lost all my saved games I would actually break down and cry.

now you know whats funny, my PS3 still hasn't broken...glorified DVD player...that WORKS,

My Xbox has been going strong for 2 1/2 years, although I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer. Nearly all my friends have had RROD at least once.

I can now pretty much guarantee that I'm going to have it next time I turn on my console, just because I posted this.

because it is cheaper for them just to fix them and ship them back out.

As was said, they just have a huge file of broken ones and fixed ones, when you put yours in, you get one out of the fixed pile sent out to you and they put your one on the waiting list to get fixed and then give it to some other mug.

As i said tho installing games onto it will make a big difference in terms of how long they will last, ive had two in three years, not bad going considering i play halo almost every day.

it seems every forum you go on, people are plagued by the "red rings of death".

Why are Microsoft not doing more to tackle the problem?

I may be wrong, but I think they've done a fair bit now. They extended the guarantee to 3 years for RROD incidents- although prevention is obviously better than cure, it's something at least.

I think there was also some sort of redesign as well, so models from the past 18 months or so are far less likely to get it.

my nintendo that was made the same year i was born still works, sometimes takes a bit of gental pursuading but it still plays all the games, they dont make them like that anymore!!!

yeah i friend of mine still has one too, in its original box and everything, in pristine condition, and it still works perfectly, they do not make them like that anymore...

yeah i friend of mine still has one too, in its original box and everything, in pristine condition, and it still works perfectly, they do not make them like that anymore...

i think we should have mentioned that they dont make them like that anymore, just incase someone didnt get that......LOL

It is true tho, my NES and 64 still work yet ive had 2 xboxes in 3 years. Fair enough there prop is a lot more going on inside an xbox but with the advances in technology you would have thought they would have realised when they made it that it would break constantly. Like the PS2 did when GTA came out on it, people were frying them left right and centre.

Remember when PS2s came out and all the lasers in them broke in the first year? You'd think they would be more concerned about making sure their console works rather than getting a shoddy version on the market before their rivals.

I've got 2 broken N64s at home :( and I'm on my 3rd PS2.

And my 20 year old Sega Megadrive still works.

Remember when PS2s came out and all the lasers in them broke in the first year? You'd think they would be more concerned about making sure their console works rather than getting a shoddy version on the market before their rivals.

I've got 2 broken N64s at home :( and I'm on my 3rd PS2.

And my 20 year old Sega Megadrive still works.

why would they be concerned tho? They have sold millions and millions of them even with all the problems and as i said its so cheap for them to fix them.

The only way they will do something about it id imagine would be if everyone stopped buying them, but thats never going to happen.

Two repairs now pending with Microstuffed!

Although one is only a single red light I'm bluffing my in to see what happens!

Microsoft are like a dodgy sales man with counterfeit goods that are nearly the real thing!

Microsopht Xbox 380 suits better I would say

I wonder why all my other techy stuff is Apple

On a plus side no gaming in my house for a while so I may get some music made and work done:up:

I know a person (who I won't name), that found a broken PS3 in the city dump. He took it home, phoned Sony and told them his PS3 had broken and they delivered a refurbished one to his door, no questions asked.

That is awesome.

RE: Red light. My friend had this problem. He wrapped it in a leather jacket as it was an overheating problem and this somehow cooled it down. Odd I know but it worked for a good couple of weeks...