aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Ross.

Guitar tuners

Boring subject, I know. But what pedal tuners do people use/recommend? Is the Boss TU-2 the only one worth bothering with? I bought a Big Dot from R&B about a month ago but I really wish I hadn't now...

If anyone's selling any other tuners I'd be interested to hear from you. Similarly, if anyone wants to buy that Big Dot one off of me, let me know :up:

I like to be a bit different so I have on of the old Danelectro ones (before the plastic ones).

It's maybe not as good as a TU-2, but works fine, does everything I need and only cost me a tenner off ebay.

Just decided I'm definitely going to sell the Big Dot, so again if anyone has a tuner that isn't ridiculously shit and wants rid of it let me know.

• Boss TU-2
  • Korg Pitchblack
  • Boston BTU-500 (I have one of those - accurate with very good display)

Any of the above is good.

• Boss TU-2
  • Korg Pitchblack
  • Boston BTU-500 (I have one of those - accurate with very good display)

Any of the above is good.

I was considering the Boston one actually, just because it's a fair bit cheaper than a TU-2. However the reason I bought the Big Dot was to save 20 quid or so, and it was a poor move :down: I'll have a look into it though.

I was considering the Boston one actually, just because it's a fair bit cheaper than a TU-2. However the reason I bought the Big Dot was to save 20 quid or so, and it was a poor move :down: I'll have a look into it though.

That's exactly why I bought the Boston - cost!

We have two of them in the band and are happy with them. One of the guys bought a Big Dots - complete waste of money - so he replaced it with the Boston.

The one big advantage the TU-2 has is the through power feed.

If budget is your main driver, then I'd recommend the Boston.

The TU2 is really all you need. Honestly.

If I ever lost mine, I'd never even consider getting a different tuner as a replacement.

So, to summarise, get a TU2. Sometimes the mob is right.

The TU2 is really all you need. Honestly.

If I ever lost mine, I'd never even consider getting a different tuner as a replacement.

So, to summarise, get a TU2. Sometimes the mob is right.

Currently hunting around to see if I can find a new one for under 50 quid.

+1 for TU-2.

i do have that and the big dot. the big dot is not bad, what's your beef with it? correct me if i am wrong one is almost twice the price of the other and the tu-2 has a 3 second delay on start up which last for eons if you have a crowd waiting...

+1 for TU-2.

i do have that and the big dot. the big dot is not bad, what's your beef with it? correct me if i am wrong one is almost twice the price of the other and the tu-2 has a 3 second delay on start up which last for eons if you have a crowd waiting...

I considered the big dot, but when I found out that it uses blue LEDs I gave it a wide berth - blue lights do something funny to my eyes, I can't focus on it worth a damn.

I got a fender tuner and blew it up within half an hour (who knew it wouldn't like a snes power adaptor?)

My TU-2 hasn't died yet.

Fenders blow