aberdeen-music

Talking cactus in Duthie Park / Facebook group

RF Scott

465 members is pretty epic. i went to the winter gardens for the first time when we had the snow last month; i liked it. we went past the frog...and waited and waited for him to do his thing, only to be slightly disappointed. oh, and the japanese garden place was nice, even if there was a group of strange looking women knitting stuff in the middle.

I sadly miss the talking cactus. I have such fond memories of the Duthie Park of old, budgies flying around everywhere, talking parots, cute little turtles and scary looking fish, that big frog thing, a little maze where we played hide and seek (now the japanese garden?) and the talking cactus! I'm pretty sure it asked me and my friend out on a date once, haha! Oh, and the trampolines in the summer, and the little paddle boats. What happened???

Wow they still come and do that! There's a group of women that have been doing that for years. I can remember seeing them as a kid and watching them knit.

They're a sorry looking bunch now though...I don't think they've ever recovered from the guillotine being moved to Hazlehead Park (something to do with local government cuts, I think).