aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
RF Scott

Talking cactus in Duthie Park / Facebook group

Hi there,

I went to Duthie Park for the first time in ages today, and noticed that the talking cactus wasn't there anymore. The kids in the Winter Gardens looked about three times as bored as I ever was as a child. If there was still a talking cactus there's no way that this'd be the case.

Please join my Facebook group regarding this important matter at REINSTATE THE TALKING CACTUS IN DUTHIE PARK | Facebook

Thanks.

He he, I was there today, plenty of fish and even a huge Terrapin but nae singing cactus.

I would like to apply for the job if it makes a comeback.

I have loads of experience of speaking shite .

Hi there,

I went to Duthie Park for the first time in ages today, and noticed that the talking cactus wasn't there anymore. The kids in the Winter Gardens looked about three times as bored as I ever was as a child. If there was still a talking cactus there's no way that this'd be the case.

Please join my Facebook group regarding this important matter at REINSTATE THE TALKING CACTUS IN DUTHIE PARK | Facebook

Thanks.

It's been gone for about 10 years!

I'd forgotten about that! Was he called Spike? Is that weird bobbing frog thing still there?

Yes! Spike!

The bobbing frog is there (nothing weird about it!), though time has certainly ravaged poor McPuddock's once youthful features. I mean how much is a tin of paint?!

Yes! Spike!

The bobbing frog is there (nothing weird about it!), though time has certainly ravaged poor McPuddock's once youthful features. I mean how much is a tin of paint?!

McPuddock! :laughing:

Years of schoolkids launching coppers at him in a bid to make him rise to the surface of the water probably hasn't helped much.

McPuddock! :laughing:

Years of schoolkids launching coppers at him in a bid to make him rise to the surface of the water probably hasn't helped much.

They could be using those coppers to paint him!

Someone must know who has done this because the culprits must have been soaking wet."

:D

I love the frog. Though, the novelty does wear off after you're like... 5.

However! I did only see that shoppy-bitty that's beside the frog open once.

My favourite part of Duthie Park is the bit with the fountain inside, and the bit where they have all the chairs for the weddings and stuff. I don't know why.

Maybe if we all toad RFScott's line, the council would listen and we could spawn a whole new generation of McPuddock and Spike lovers. If we involved all the kids from Eastern Europe who're newt to the area, maybe the dad Poles would join in as well.

• Upvote 2

Ive noted that McPuddock has developed a flaw within the last 12 months. I used to go down and visit his froggy face with some regularity when I lived in Ferryhil. However, I went a couple of weeks back and noticed that when he emerges from the water, he then alarmingly lops over to the left, before sliding his green face below the murky water. It looks a bit scary but it didnt stop me from launching coppers at him from the safety of the footbridge.

Guest treader.

I miss McPuddock. I havent even been in Duthie Park for fucking aaaaaaages. I'll sort it out.

One is a fat, repulsive creature that fleeces the citizens of Aberdeen of their money for something that should be entertaining but is in fact deadly dull.

The other is... etc etc etc.