aberdeen-music

Talking cactus in Duthie Park / Facebook group

RF Scott

Hi there,

I went to Duthie Park for the first time in ages today, and noticed that the talking cactus wasn't there anymore. The kids in the Winter Gardens looked about three times as bored as I ever was as a child. If there was still a talking cactus there's no way that this'd be the case.

Please join my Facebook group regarding this important matter at REINSTATE THE TALKING CACTUS IN DUTHIE PARK | Facebook

Thanks.

Hi there,

I went to Duthie Park for the first time in ages today, and noticed that the talking cactus wasn't there anymore. The kids in the Winter Gardens looked about three times as bored as I ever was as a child. If there was still a talking cactus there's no way that this'd be the case.

Please join my Facebook group regarding this important matter at REINSTATE THE TALKING CACTUS IN DUTHIE PARK | Facebook

Thanks.

It's been gone for about 10 years!

Yes! Spike!

The bobbing frog is there (nothing weird about it!), though time has certainly ravaged poor McPuddock's once youthful features. I mean how much is a tin of paint?!

McPuddock! :laughing:

Years of schoolkids launching coppers at him in a bid to make him rise to the surface of the water probably hasn't helped much.

Someone must know who has done this because the culprits must have been soaking wet."

:D

I love the frog. Though, the novelty does wear off after you're like... 5.

However! I did only see that shoppy-bitty that's beside the frog open once.

My favourite part of Duthie Park is the bit with the fountain inside, and the bit where they have all the chairs for the weddings and stuff. I don't know why.