aberdeen-music

Good true bypass overdrive

Chaosphere72

love my Eng fireball to bits , pretty brutal in your face high gain amp esp awesome for rhythm tonal carnage .however need some extra refinement for a good lead tone for soloing so a good clean boost is require to tighten up the sound a bit .

anyone use the RC booster that Scott Henderson uses? apparently a very good transparent clean booster pedal that will enhance but not rob your amps natural sound.obviously running through the front of the amp and true bypass so when its not in use your hearing your amps tone 100%.

rc booster anyone ?

They don't colour your tone that much man. Brian (Lame guitarist on here) could tell you more about mods. Put a graphic EQ with a healthy 1.5k boost in your effects loop if you want a cutting lead sound with minimal effect on tone.

the maxon tubescreamer that dan has is true bypass i think and doesnt colour your tone, its a real good one. all tubescreamers can be modded for true bypass which will give a good transparent tone. would really recommend the one that dan has.

i haven't tried the RC booster but have heard good reviews about it. I have the BB preamp from the same range and i like it. i think its a bit looser sounding than dans maxon but its really good and is true bypass. doesn't seem to colour your tone