aberdeen-music

Blindness

DJ Jo-D

Watched a little bit of American Idol last night with a blind guy on it and few questions popped into my head....can anyone got answers

Is anyone on here blind?...baboomb tsh ok suppose they might have like a talking web or screen braile lol?! or some new technology, but does anyone know anyone who is blind?

Do they dream? and if they were born blind wonder what they dream?

How does it affect their sexual orientation not having looks to judge on .....

Always intrigued me how different life would be, but I don't know any blind people and don't want to offend with silly questions like above

no offence intended btw

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

There's quite a lot of blindness in my Mum's family, but they're all much older and I've never asked any of these questions.......... I don't really know them that well, and rarely see them.

So - not much help - sorry!!

I do wonder what blind people who have never seen imagine. Cos, if you close your eyes, or even just imagine things, you can imagine what they look like etc, and dreams. Well, I guess if a blind person had never been able to see, their dreams would probably be a series of audio dreams in the same way that every day life would be for them - no visuals at all. Although I think there are variations, and you get people who can "see" shadows and differences between light and dark etc.

There's quite a lot of blindness in my Mum's family, but they're all much older and I've never asked any of these questions.......... I don't really know them that well, and rarely see them.

So - not much help - sorry!!

I do wonder what blind people who have never seen imagine. Cos, if you close your eyes, or even just imagine things, you can imagine what they look like etc, and dreams. Well, I guess if a blind person had never been able to see, their dreams would probably be a series of audio dreams in the same way that every day life would be for them - no visuals at all. Although I think there are variations, and you get people who can "see" shadows and differences between light and dark etc.

My mind was curious... I'm not sure if I'd prefer to be blind or deaf (if I had a choice that is), deaf would be hard cause music is a lot to me, both for bringing back memories and getting you in different moods, but then I love film/tv/theatre and think the world would be a scary place if it were dark....hmmmmm