aberdeen-music

Howling Bells + The Joy Formidable + Chew Lips @ Moshulu

Guest idol_wild

I have been listening to Joy Formidable quite heavily lately and, despite their atrocious band name, they can fucking play.

Sadly, I have been wiped out of funds so cannae go.

Joy Formidable were excellent and energetic, as expected. I'd heard a few bits by Howling Bells before this show and hadn't been all that impressed. I was wondering if they might make more of an impression live but I'd heard enough after about four or five songs to know that they probably wouldn't. Not really my thing at all.

The Joy Formidable were OK but I really don't get what everyone is getting so excited about, they aren't THAT good. Not bad by any means but nothing particularly original. The sound was a bit muddy and pish though.

Howling Bells were pretty good but I can't decide whether wearing a T shirt with your own image on it is a hideous misjudgement or just a sign of confidence....

Chew Lips just sounded like loads of other bands doing electro pop with a femnmale singer but they were good at it. Good voice.

The Joy Formidable were OK but I really don't get what everyone is getting so excited about, they aren't THAT good. Not bad by any means but nothing particularly original. The sound was a bit muddy and pish though.

Howling Bells were pretty good but I can't decide whether wearing a T shirt with your own image on it is a hideous misjudgement or just a sign of confidence....

Chew Lips just sounded like loads of other bands doing electro pop with a femnmale singer but they were good at it. Good voice.

Femnmale? Fanny...