aberdeen-music

RICKY WARWICK (The Almighty) plays the MOORINGS...

The Ghost Of Fudge

Fudge and The Moorings proudly present:

RICKY WARWICK of THE ALMIGHTY

full solo acoustic set - you'll get your moneys worth!

(plus acousic supports)

The Moorings, Saturday 2nd May 2009, 8pm-1am

RICKY WARWICK on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

www.rickywarwick.com

Ricky has announced the first solo dates to promote his new single "The Arms Of Belfast Town" due out on March 30th 2009 (as a download only) and his first studio album in four years "Belfast Confetti" due out April 27th 2009 (all formats) on DR2 Records.

Be the first to hear it, as Ricky opens the Scottish leg of the tour with a show in Aberdeen's favourite boozer, The Moorings!

Singer/songwriter/guitarist Ricky Warwick was cut from the cloth of a mill workers jacket. Ricky has embraced no-frills, emotionally direct, pure music exemplified by such American influences as Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Woodie Guthrie and Steve Earle.

Born in Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland, Ricky got his first guitar at 14: "That old, used guitar changed my life... it saved me, it was more than just notes on a fret board, it was the deepest breathe of life I ever experienced. I felt like I was armed when I carried it. I knew exactly what I wanted to do and nothing was ever gonna be the same again once I dragged my thumb across those strings..."

It wasnt long before he was aping Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen records, although it would not be much longer before bands like MC5, The Clash and Sex Pistols infiltrated his bedroom: "Those artists gave me a voice when no one would listen to a fourteen year old boy, they gave me something important to say..."

He went on to found The Almighty in Glasgow. The Almighty enjoyed ten Top 40 singles and four Top 20 albums in the UK. Ricky appeared on Stiff Little Fingers.. Live and also wrote with the seminal English punk band The Ruts.

Ricky then brazenly embarked on a acoustic solo career and recorded his first release, Tattoos & Alibis. Recorded in Dublin, Ireland, Ricky collaborated with Peter O Toole of Hothouse Flowers and Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy fame. This album brought about a much different feel than his past efforts with The Almighty, with Ricky drawing from his influences such as Steve Earle, Johnny Cash, Ramones and The Clash.

Following the release of his solo debut, Warwick toured extensively as an opener for the legendary Def Leppard. Not unlike Johnny Cash, he was one man, armed with an acoustic guitar. Nightly he played to arena sized captive audiences, and received nothing but enthusiastic responses and the encouragement he needed to continue down this new road.

Ricky's new album is a collection of gritty acoustic rock steeped songs, full of passion, dirt, whiskey and tales of a misspent youth and years of being on the road. He reflects, I find myself looking deeper into the well for this record. Sometimes I wonder if I need to write, or I have to write. Each song is not unlike a prayer, sometimes it works out better if you dont get what you asked for. I think it may be my most honest work to date, but I dont know, I may be too close to it right now.

Ricky Warwick is once again armed with his guitar, hes far from fourteen, and he has something important to say. You should listen.

RICKY WARWICK on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

www.rickywarwick.com

Hmm. Well, Switchblades already bagged the Tyla slot... But maybe, maybe......

Tickets go onsale from the Moorings Bar tomorrow (saturday) priced at 6.... He ain't cheap y'know. Because he's so fuckin' good :)

One of the two supports is confirmed already... Adriana on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early in 2005, Adriana armed herself with her guitar and hit the road. Armed with the ethos of if you want something done right, do it yourself, she embarked on a tireless schedule of gigging and writing and gigging some more that has taken her up and down the UK, as well as to the USA and Europe

Born in Livingston of Italian/Scots parentage, Adriana has proved herself with just an acoustic guitar, a classically-trained voice and a stunning collection of songs she has been writing since her teenage years.

Over the last two years, Adriana has been building a solid fanbase through continuous live work, playing with the likes of Oh Susanna!, Jack Savoretti and Dar Williams. In 2005, Adriana was invited to perform at Seattles ROCKRGRL Festival, followed by a successful show in New York. In the summer of 2006, she performed a series of packed-out shows at Scottish Week in the Italian town of Barga, sharing a bill with Paolo Nutini. Adriana performed at the GoNorth and Retrofest festivals in Summer 2007, and is scheduled to appear at MEI (Meeting of Independent Labels) in Italy in November 07.

Using the platform of her own label, Adesso Records, she released her download only single Fire In Me in June 2006. This followed from the success and critical acclaim of her first release, A Thousand Lives EP in August 2005, also released independently.

Adriana is currently working on her first full-length album, which is scheduled for release on Adesso in 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

SATURDAY 2 MAY @ THE MOORINGS

Singer/songwriter/guitarist RICKY WARWICK was cut

from the cloth of a mill workers jacket. He went on to found

THE ALMIGHTY in Glasgow. They enjoyed ten Top 40 singles

and four Top 20 albums in the UK. Following the release of

his solo debut, Ricky toured extensively as an opener for the

legendary Def Leppard. Not unlike Johnny Cash, he was one

man, armed with an acoustic guitar. Nightly he played to

arena sized captive audiences, and received nothing but

enthusiastic responses and encouragement Ricky has

embraced no-frills, emotionally direct, pure music exemp-

lified by such American influences as Johnny Cash, Bruce

Springsteen, Woodie Guthrie and Steve Earle. By the time

you see him at the Moorings, his first solo studio album in

four years, Belfast Confetti, will just have been released.

Tickets 6 or 7 entry on the night until were full.

Advance ticket guarantees entry. Doors 8pm.

THE LORELEI are the sound of a hundred broken hearts, a

thousand broken bones, crushed and reconstructed. The

fiddle and mandolin weilding acoustic country-punks have

been kicking arse around these parts for years now, and

always go down a treat.

Born in Livingston of Italian/Scots parentage, ADRIANA has

proved herself with just an acoustic guitar, a classically-

trained voice and a stunning collection of songs. Shes been

playing in Seatle and New York... next? Aberdeen. Oh well.

myspace.com/rickywarwick

rickywarwick.com

myspace.com/theloreleiprogression

myspace.com/adrianamusic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...