Little Kicks

Right Hand Left

Stanley

Indian Red Lopez

Velvet Audio

Cast of the Capital

Headlight

Pretty good line up!

That is indeed a cracking line up of local bands. I'll endeavour to see most of them. We've not heard from the organisers, so I think we can safely assume we won't be playing...

Is that the exhaustive list of local bands playing at this year's festival?

That is indeed a cracking line up of local bands. I'll endeavour to see most of them. We've not heard from the organisers, so I think we can safely assume we won't be playing...

Is that the exhaustive list of local bands playing at this year's festival?

As far as I'm aware yeah it is, its left us kinda short on acts for our Showcase events in Peterhead as well which is a shame, as a few of them cant make it. Ideally we were looking to pick 6 acts from a larger pool, but we've got 6 slots to fill and only 4 bands to utilise, and even of them we have heard back from 2 so who knows...

• 2 weeks later...

Celtallica

Hey folks!

Anyone else fired up for Wizard this year???? Amazing lineup again!

Can anyone who went last year tell me what CELTALLICA are like? I think they played on the Friday on Main Stage (could be wrong)??????

I'm an old school mate of their piper and want to see them this year cos I was working last year. So can anyone tell me what they're like????

Cheers.

Hey folks!

Anyone else fired up for Wizard this year???? Amazing lineup again!

Can anyone who went last year tell me what CELTALLICA are like? I think they played on the Friday on Main Stage (could be wrong)??????

I'm an old school mate of their piper and want to see them this year cos I was working last year. So can anyone tell me what they're like????

Cheers.

Maybe you could contact them yourself on their email address celtallica@live.co.uk - you know, the one you used to register here...

Eleven more DJs, bands and acoustic acts have been announced for Scotland's Wizard Festival happening on August bank holiday weekend.

Wizard's new additions include BBC radio Scotland broadcaster Tom Morton, and Bruce & Jamie Watson. Bruce was one of the founding members of Big Country, and alongside his son Jamie, the pair will play guitar based Celtic tinged blues.

Also confirmed today is Aberdeen's DJ Andy Duguid, rappers Shy & DRS, and SNAFU regular DJ Cheynie.

Glasgow based indie four piece Hip Parade, metallers Virginmarys, 10 piece ska outfit Bombskare, Celtic rockers Sons o the Soil, Gerry Jablonski, and Counterfeit Cash complete the latest names added to this year's line-up.

Cheers Ben

• 4 weeks later...
I almost bought tickets for this today but just in time discovered that there's no way of getting back to Aberdeen on the Sunday...?

(Happy Bus no longer selling tickets, no Sunday service for the bluebird/stagecoach routes.)

If theres a few of you stayin over the weekend why dont you book a mini bus together or share a taxi?

Think a taxi back to Abereeen would be approx 50 between 4/5?? nae bad at that price!

Or if theres anyone on here willing to car share please post details for others!

Cheers ben

Wouldn't it have been a good idea to run Shuttle Buses from Aberdeen each day?

Yes it would be great to have that but until the festival grows and there is more demand this is something we will look at for next year,

We encourage people to car share as much as possible to reduce the carbon footprint of the festival....

We are working with Central Coaches & Taxis aberdeen so if anyone fancys organising a bus/taxi then give Cammy a phone on 01224 890089 and mention the wizard festival..... you might get a good deal! :)

Cheers Ben

Got my tickets today :) Looking forward to it. (Friday more than Saturday though!)

Stagecoach bus from Aberdeen to Mintlaw on the Friday, hourly service back on the Sunday afternoon.

If anyone wants to share taxi fare to/from Mintlaw then let me know.

Or it's only a seven mile walk along the Formartine & Buchan Way. ;)

camping is included when you purchase your Saturday or weekend ticket for Wizard Festival.

This year' date=' with purchase of a weekend Wizard ticket, camping and parking is free!

Is there somewhere to park my car if I am not camping?

Yes. Day parking will be available.[/quote']

Sorry if answer is in this thread or on the website elsewhere but...

Does a Saturday ticket mean parking is free or is there a charge?