aberdeen-music

Wizard Festival 2009

I reckon it's Idlewild. Woomble played last year and enjoyed it, and they're playing Wickerman. That'd be ace.

Your getting me excited now!

Free-Korps upcoming shows...

Fri 5th June at 9.00pm @ The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen

DO IT! DJs + I | R | L + Free Korps + Marionettes + Cast of the Capital

BOX OFFICE : Productions : Exposure@Lemon Tree

Wed 26th June at 7.30pm @ Moshulu, Aberdeen.

(with The Debuts & The Underkills)

TicketWeb

Fri 28th June at 7:30pm @ The Flying Duck, Glasgow

efestivals say:

Idlewild are the latest act to be confirmed for Scotland's Wizard Festival.

The Scottish indie-rockers will perform at the two day event, on the festival's main stage on Friday.

Roy Thain, Wizard festival organiser said, "We are delighted to have secured another top Scottish act to give our bill even more appeal and diversity. Idlewild are a brilliant Scottish act and a seasoned festival band so Wizard fans are in for a real treat with this addition to the bill." The organisers have also confirmed that a series of Wizard Festival showcase events will take place at music venue, The Lemontree. The showcase nights will take place on three Saturdays, 18th July, 1st and 15th August. Finalists selected from demos sent to organisers will play across the three live dates.

Also announced is a group of live music Wizard showcase nights happening in Peterhead as part of the area's 'Scottish Week' celebrations. Billed as a 'Platform to perform' for local bands and artists, Wizard showcase events will be held at Mambos and The Lido Marquee at Peterhead from Thursday 23rd until Saturday 25th July.

Commenting on the upcoming Wizard festival showcase events that will form part of Peterhead's 'Scottish Week' Roy added, "We want to give the whole region a chance to showcase its talents in the run up to Wizard. Peterhead, New Deer and all the surrounding areas of Aberdeen City and Shire should benefit from Wizard. One of our main objectives has always been to highlight the region as a vibrant, creative place where local bands and artists can flourish."

Headlining on Friday are Levellers, with support from The Beat, Red Hot Chilli Pipers, and King Voodoo. Saturday headliners will be The Charlatans, with Buzzcocks, and The Travelling Band in support. Other acts include Vic Galloway, Proud Mary, The Cuban Brothers, and Celtallica. More acts will be announced shortly.

Tickets are on sale priced at 70 for an adult weekend ticket (includes camping & parking from 1pm Fri to noon Sun) or 45 for a Saturday adult day ticket (includes camping & parking Saturday only), a campervan/caravan ticket is priced at 20. Children 12 years old and under go free.

20th May 2009

A big thank you to all artists who sent in demo applications' date=' the selection process has now begun and those chosen to perform at the festival will be contacted over the next few weeks.

[/quote']

Any local bands heard anything yet? Two weeks since last update...

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Idlewild - that's the one!

Idlewild are one of the best live bands I've ever seen!

And better than the Specials (imo).

I'm very excited about them coming to New Deer!

:up:

I'm assuming that means you are playing Wizard?

Nothings been confirmed with regards to us playing Wizard. We had organised a gig in Mambo's previously and guys from Wizard were there and enjoyed it. We wanted to do it again and thought it would be a good idea to get the Wizard name involved to try and promote it a bit better which is where the tie in came from.

• 2 weeks later...

Update....

Wizard's second stage will be taken over by dance club Snafu for both the Friday and Saturday night of the festival.

Confirmed to headline the stage on Friday are The Japanese Popstars, with Streetlife DJs, topping the bill on Saturday, plus Harri, Snafu DJs including Giles Walker, DJ Lunik and Funky Transport, The Cuban Brothers (DJ Set), Mr Green, and Greg Gibb.

Cheers Ben

Wizard's second stage will be taken over by dance club Snafu for both the Friday and Saturday night of the festival.

Confirmed to headline the stage on Friday are The Japanese Popstars, with Streetlife DJs, topping the bill on Saturday, plus Harri, Snafu DJs including Giles Walker, DJ Lunik and Funky Transport, The Cuban Brothers (DJ Set), Mr Green, and Greg Gibb.

Cheers Ben

this is ace!! the japanese popstars are fucking mental i saw them at rockness

any news of local act confirmations?

• 2 weeks later...