aberdeen-music

Wizard Festival 2009

Nice one. Due a lineup announcement any time soon?

Last year they were clearly using the same agents & had virtually the same main acts as Solfest, on alternate nights.

Solfest have started to put theirs up:

The Charlatans

The Blockheads

Nerina Pallot.

The Buzzcocks

Music at Solfest

So maybe?

Don't know if I can go to either of them this year - Considering an offer for Berlin & a festival near Hamburg instead! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I've just been told another band has been confirmed for Wizard. I can't say who it is, because I'm sure there will be an official announcement coming soon.

But let me tell you this. It is fucking brilliant news!

I can't wait for the Wizard Festival now. Some ace acts on the line up.

:up:

Proud Mary, The Cuban Brothers, Celtallica and King Voodo have been announced in the evening express along with compere Vic Galloway.

Is that who you had heard Calum?

None of them actually, far better. :)

I assure you, it's a great scoop. The Wizard folks are doing a great job.

The way they're going, and the way the past 2 years have been, the Wizard Festival is going to have a long fruitful life. I wish it started 10 years ago when I lived 1 mile from the site, and could have wandered down as a teenager. That would have given us bored kids something constructive to do in New Deer!!

One thing I dont get is why you cant get a Friday only ticket. ?(

Peeps wont shell out for a full weekend one just for one night.

It's been the same every year, and they've sold more tickets each year. It wasn't sold out last year, but I think it was fairly close.

I thought they weren't doing the Friday only tickets because they were putting the biggest name headliners on the Friday night. Like last year they had Supergrass, Drever McCusker Woomble and The Underkills (;)) on the Friday night, so might have lost a lot of potential Saturday punters if folk could buy a just Friday night ticket.

But this year, Charlatans are playing Saturday night, so not sure why it's been left like that. But it's clearly up to them, and they're doing an ace job.

(Justin, I'm nae saying who it is because I'll leave it to the Wizard people to make an official announcement. Not stepping on anyone's toes. Only reason I mentioned it on here is because it is VERY exciting, and people should definitely keep an eye out on the line up developments!)

:up: