aberdeen-music

Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden/Wolfsbane) tickets onsale...

The Ghost Of Fudge

Sat 23 May - Moorings Bar

Blaze is on fire again

(Metal Hammer)

Blaze Bayley, former vocalist for Wolfsbane and Iron Maiden, assembled his current band during 2007. This, his strongest line-up of musicians, features Nico Bermudez (Underthreat) and Jay Walsh (Four Way Kill) on guitars, David Bermudez (Underthreat) on bass and Lawrence Paterson (Chokehold) on drums. The band toured extensively in the early part of 2008, including headlining festival shows in Russia, Spain, Croatia and Italy. On 7 July they released their new album The Man Who Would Not Die internationally, which garnered high praise from both the press and public alike. The first leg of the Tour That Will Not Die saw the band playing in the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Europe, Russia and South America.

uktour.jpg

In May 2009, they play the Moorings in support of the album. You'd be wise to buy a ticket, i think it might just be busy...

TICKETS ARE ONSALE NOW FROM THE BAR PRICED 7 - ask the barstaff

Blaze Bayley

Blaze Bayley on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm guessing that it will be possible to buy a ticket in advance right up until the day of the gig (but you never know). I'm also guessing that there will be scope to pay at the door on the day of the gig. However I'm pretty certain that not everyone who wants to go will be able to pay on the door.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

• 2 weeks later...

From Larry Paterson's (Blaze's drummers) Tour Blog on MySpace:

"On to Aberdeen and a nice long trip in the Balzemobile. We were playing the Moorings Bar, which was a superb venue, once again run by very cool people. We were actually spending the night in a band flat co-inhabited by sound man Dan a ten-foot tall bloke who was very nice to us as we invaded his homestead. This time the gig was a blinder, both from the audience and band point of view. We had crowd surfers, stage divers and all kinds of madness. Once woman had belted her head on the monitors when Decadenze were on and by the time we came on she had a bump like a rhinos horn on her head, but was ferociously headbanging away through the whole set. Really enjoyed it and we hung about and joined all manner of merriment afterward. Unfortunately Blaze was very under the weather. We had had a slightly dodgy curry dinner at 2am in Newcastle and compounded that by Burger King the next day.and fair to say that the King wreaked its revenge on Blaze who was as sick as a dog that night almost as soon as he came off stage.

Nonetheless, a splendid time was had by those of us not assassinated by the King, and were all looking forward to going back to Aberdeen."

So I reckon that EVERYONE, the crowd, the band, the staff, and the venue... can can all give ourselves a big pat on the back.