aberdeen-music

who fancies a game of football?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Hmmm - a bit late in replying to this. Not that I could have played football at 1.30pm anyway.

BUT, I've been thinking, and it may (probably has) have been done before.

Battle of the Bands Football Tournament. I think you can get the jist. 5 a side tournament at Goals or wherever, where the teams are, well, bands.

The Underkills wouldn't be particularly good, but we wouldn't be whipping boys I don't think... I know we'd kick Rescue Party ass - they're rotten at football...

I've seen half of the Little Kicks playing football before (Steven and Bobb), and they're nae bad. Right Hand Left boys are pretty handy.

Rules would be at least 3 of the 5 has to be a band member to accommodate 3 pieces and 4 pieces. Other than that you can draft in whoever the hell you like.

Eh - I'll probably never get round to organising this, but I always thought it would be a fun idea.... Good chance to "get in aboot" the bands you don't like ;)

I tried this once and had an ace reply but im far too lazy to organize it. Spoke to Jim at the Tunnels and he was well behind it and i even got a quote from Goals.

But i would guarentee now us - Kashmir Red - would win hands down.

and i mean that.

I can actually vouch for you as a keeper, and I imagine you'd be good in 5 a side goals. But, no idea if you're team-mates are any good.

The Underkills would be passable at best...

I can actually vouch for you as a keeper, and I imagine you'd be good in 5 a side goals. But, no idea if you're team-mates are any good.

The Underkills would be passable at best...

Calum you seem to be good at shit like this get it sorted...would be a good laugh.

yeah they aint bad either....

Just dont let the manager at Lemon Tree decide who gets to play and who doesnt...;)

Guest idol_wild
I tried this once and had an ace reply but im far too lazy to organize it. Spoke to Jim at the Tunnels and he was well behind it and i even got a quote from Goals.

and i mean that.

I would never enter the band I'm in into this tournament.

That said, I know for a fact two of us are pretty experienced and pretty useful. Maybe if we join a three-piece who can play a bit...

But yeah, it's a pity Steve never got this up and running. Would have been good fun.

Just to clarify, I will probably never organise this as I don't have time........... But, I'd play if someone else did - so long as it isn't in July as I plan to be out of the country for most of July!!

It would be awesome fun on a nice day down at Goals.

I nominate Steve to organise it since he claims Kashmir Red would clean up.

I can honestly stand up and say a Headlight football team would be unquestionably terrible; one half brutal enforcers with no skill whatsoever, one half flouncy speed-merchants with no skill whatsoever, and one bassist whose footballing skill I haven't witnessed. But he's probably no Eusebio.

• Upvote 1

and i mean that.

No chance pal, you canna save the ball and hold a can and a fag at the same time! I reckon id put 4 past you at least!!

Someone get this organised, the weathers getting better!!

No chance pal, you canna save the ball and hold a can and a fag at the same time! I reckon id put 4 past you at least!!

Someone get this organised, the weathers getting better!!

Feel free to organise it yourself..........

• 2 weeks later...

Calum - if yer any decent I seriously need some players for team Lopez! Look at what I've got to work with...

Chang - Clerkhill Cougars Most Improved Under 10 Player 1995, slowly downhill ever since

Maskame - got the looks in his family, his brother got the goalkeeping skills

Danny & Darren - I think you covered that in the Rescue Party comment earlier.

Callum Beith - Good at guitar hero. Shite at sport.

I'm probably good enough to win the tournament on my own but I at least need a keeper

:jester::laughing:

Calum - if yer any decent I seriously need some players for team Lopez! Look at what I've got to work with...

Chang - Clerkhill Cougars Most Improved Under 10 Player 1995, slowly downhill ever since

Maskame - got the looks in his family, his brother got the goalkeeping skills

Danny & Darren - I think you covered that in the Rescue Party comment earlier.

Callum Beith - Good at guitar hero. Shite at sport.

I'm probably good enough to win the tournament on my own but I at least need a keeper

:jester::laughing:

Being The Underkills number 10 playmaker, I couldn't possibly jump ship...

Surely Maskame would be good in 5 a side goals though - he could fill them up! You on the other hand couldn't reach the crossbar...

I can honestly stand up and say a Headlight football team would be unquestionably terrible; one half brutal enforcers with no skill whatsoever, one half flouncy speed-merchants with no skill whatsoever, and one bassist whose footballing skill I haven't witnessed. But he's probably no Eusebio.

You don't know how right you are, Donald. Consider me a skill-free, tactically inept oaf.

Someone told me at the last game of football I played that I "made some good runs". I took this to mean "you're fine until someone passes to you."

In short, yes, Headlight FC would be an unqualified failure.

....I'm well up for this, incidentally.

You don't know how right you are, Donald. Consider me a skill-free, tactically inept oaf.

Someone told me at the last game of football I played that I "made some good runs". I took this to mean "you're fine until someone passes to you."

In short, yes, Headlight FC would be an unqualified failure.

....I'm well up for this, incidentally.

We should get a closed-doors game organised, just to get an idea of how bad we truly are before subjecting the world to it.