aberdeen-music

Downfall

paranoid

exactly....

i know a few bands in the "scene" look ridiculous, just look at toxic distortion...ooocha.

I'd drink to that...

actually i dont really need a reason to drink?!

back to the actual reason this posts here, downfall are a brilliant live band, ive seen them a few times, so check em out!

but then again, theres ALOT of brilliant bands in the Aberdeen music scene, I would say that Aberdeen possibly has one of the best music scenes across the UK...

I am naturally expecting some form of debate to start over this, but theres a couple of bands that spring straight to my mind when it comes to being from aberdeen, and being mildly successful. My Minds Weapon and Enrapture... neither of these bands look like they have a secret love affair with GHD and Tresemme on the go that is all i have to say.

The arrogance of your post and the down right picking some people get on this forum IN this thread alone is beyond belief. And people wonder why the music scene is in such a state with a community like this?

Arrogance? Aye, I guess you're right. Imagine telling you I think you're making a tit of yersel after you calling Aberdeen a city of mongoloids - ideas above my station right enough.

You're right, nit-picking on messageboards is the reason there's not many bands or gigs in Aberdeen you're interested in. Definitely nothing to do with too many people sitting behind keyboards pissing and moaning and expecting things to just happen, rather than putting in the effort to make good things happen in Aberdeen.

Yes I'm from London
I'm from London
I'm not from the South East of England

Call me a mongoloid, but I find this confusing.

Imagine telling you I think you're making a tit of yersel after you calling Aberdeen a city of mongoloids - ideas above my station right enough.

When did I say Aberdeen is the city of Mongoloids? I had written - The City of Mongloids how did you interpret that was Aberdeen? And it was mongloids remember not Mongoloids which annoyed you so much you just had to open your mouth.

I love forums...

We as in you and me? Yet the context on which you ended... I have no quibbles with anyone, but someone who takes offense at the slightest thing is funny even if you admit your a mong. I havn't patronised anyone then, you admited it, I went with it. I'm not from the South East of England either.

The arrogance of your post and the down right picking some people get on this forum IN this thread alone is beyond belief. And people wonder why the music scene is in such a state with a community like this?

Mods do a great job but this thread probably should have been locked away long ago at first point it went off topic.

Why did you say you were from london then?

What exactly is wrong with the "scene" up here anyways? Decent amount of gigs going on, heaps of bands, lots of cock sucking on here... i fail to see the problem :)

This thread has brought up some interesting points, just because it went off topic doesnt mean it should have been closed.

Hey kiddies, yeah, I know, couldn't tear myself away.

Downfall were stonking on Saturday, awesome as ever.

i would disagree....

whats your opinion on Aero balls?

The CFH on your avatar sickens me, not even close to a true representation of the real thing. Ho hum.

Choose Your Fate play on the 21st of the month, awesome band, great bunch of guys, well worth checking out.

:up:

Ah the good old haircut debate is back .

I've played with Downfall a few times now and it's not my cup of crushed cats . The sets dragged on and it just seemed to be a mediocre carbon copy of something Zakk Wylde would do.

Then again i listen to bands that sing about Chemical Castrations , Kurt Russell and Killing Technology so what would i know

Aberdeen has got itself a passionate, exciting band, and no fucker turns up at gigs to see them

Join the club, although i think promotion has a little something to do with this....

Even when there are other bands on the bill, they all fuck off before they go onstage.

It is shit when bands dont hang around to see the others, especially when theres fuck all audience but the bands are there to play their stuff first and to watch other bands second, sometimes its just not convenient to hang around and watch other bands if youve got work/college/whatever early the next day and you have to travel. So you cant really blame the bands, just do more promotion and get people to the shows and you wont have to rely on the bands your playing with to be the audience as well!

totally, i mean, although it SHOULD be primarily the venue/promoters concern to get people through the door, bands should be doing the same. Promoters will want to get faces through the door just so they can pay the bands, maybe take a bit for themselves, but if a band promotes well enough, you will have people there to see you and those people will come back if you are a good, tight, solid band with good tunes.