aberdeen-music

Downfall

paranoid

Hey, here's a novel idea as well. Obviously the music industry is based in London, so how about instead of MOVING to LONDON to MAKE IT BIG TIME, you could maybe, y'know, just play some shows in London, in addition to other places in the UK? So crazy it might just work.

Don't go putting ludicrous ideas in peoples heads now...

Hey, here's a novel idea as well. Obviously the music industry is based in London, so how about instead of MOVING to LONDON to MAKE IT BIG TIME, you could maybe, y'know, just play some shows in London, in addition to other places in the UK? So crazy it might just work.

Its almost too simple sounding for me to believe it would work....

I don't think it's impossible for a band based in Aberdeen to "make it" though obviously it's harder. Playing gigs in other cities and making a name for yourself will certainly help but moving to London just isn't necesary. If Mylo can be discovered on the Isle Of Skye there's hope for all of us!

If Mylo can be discovered on the Isle Of Skye there's hope for all of us!

And how do you think he got discovered? Do you want to know where he is now and why he doesn't do it anymore? Even Stereoglo also from Isle of Skye did well for themselves, gigged around Scotland made it on the radio and do you want to know why they chucked it in?

Yeah that works too... did I say it wouldn't? Atleast you'd probably not be playing to an empty room.

And how do you think he got discovered? Do you want to know where he is now and why he doesn't do it anymore? Even Stereoglo also from Isle of Skye did well for themselves, gigged around Scotland made it on the radio and do you want to know why they chucked it in?

Are the answers to all of the above 'LONDON'?

I saw downfall playing at drummonds with choose your fate 13 knives and bonesaw couple of weeks ago. It was the best gig i'd been too in aberdeen for a while it was all about the music and less about gay ass haircuts and image. Downfall are a good solid band with catchy tunes and their frontman seems like a top dude. Bonesaw were as always brutal 13 knives surprised me they were tight as hell and their drummer is a madman. I only caught 2 of choose your fates songs but they were soundind good too. Not one of these bands were walking about with their heads up their asses they all seem like decent blokes. I think downfalls problem is that their maybe playing with the wrong bands if i ever saw that line up in town again i'd pay good money to see it as would a lot of my mates was a top night. Keep it up guys you are appreciated.

Aye, all these gay-ass (pardon?) bands are far too into image. They should all have uniformly shit long hair like non-image conscious metal bands.

I'm perfectly fine thanks.:finger:

Are you? I'm nae a doctor or anything, but I would suggest that misspelling "mongoloid" in the location bit of your profile makes you appear less than fine.

Yours,

An Aberdonian Mongoloid

Of course image is important but when its put above their music then theres a problem. I'm not gonna start throwing band names about but everyone whos been to see bands on any local scene know what i'm on about. Element 106 choose your fate 13 knives downfall dead metal bonesaw enrapture ablach their all good bands that seem to have the mix just right. To be honest i couldn't care how many different directions you can make your hair go in i just waana hear some good fucking music.

Of course image is important but when its put above their music then theres a problem. I'm not gonna start throwing band names about but everyone whos been to see bands on any local scene know what i'm on about. Element 106 choose your fate 13 knives downfall dead metal bonesaw enrapture ablach their all good bands that seem to have the mix just right. To be honest i couldn't care how many different directions you can make your hair go in i just waana hear some good fucking music.

in your honest opinion, which bands in Aberdeen put image BEFORE music...

I'm curious...

Cheers for the kind words man..

I wish I could grow hair. I have longed for long hair since I was about 20 but alas I can not grow hair. Our Bassist n Drummer make up for it though. Maybe I could get a wig? But then how would I keep it on to mosh? Hmm.. i am going to look into it.

But yeah I want hair!!

I'm not gonna start throwing names of bands about but just cos you look like your in a band doesn't make you any good at being in a band unbroken. And have you thought about getting hair transplanted from the scrote of a lama? It grows really quickly and gives of a strange musky smell that the chicks can't get enough of. I'll give you my lama dealers number he's got a fine selection. On the other hand a wig made from rare miniature velvet bats might be another road you could go down.

I'm not gonna start throwing names of bands about but just cos you look like your in a band doesn't make you any good at being in a band unbroken.

No but being one of the best bass players in aberdeen who plays in the most succesful aberdeen band for years does mean he knows one or two little things.

I'm not gonna start throwing names of bands about but just cos you look like your in a band doesn't make you any good at being in a band unbroken. And have you thought about getting hair transplanted from the scrote of a lama? It grows really quickly and gives of a strange musky smell that the chicks can't get enough of. I'll give you my lama dealers number he's got a fine selection. On the other hand a wig made from rare miniature velvet bats might be another road you could go down.

why would i need a hair transplant?

And why are you being a dick?

I was genuinely curious as to which bands you think consider image to be over music...

why would i need a hair transplant?

And why are you being a dick?

I was genuinely curious as to which bands you think consider image to be over music...

I think he was replying to my post.

But I have to say... every band in Aberdeen, I am sure, are not in it just for the image like. We are all in bands for the same reasons, to play music and have fun, no matter what we look like.

I would be interested in knowing which bands he thinks are in it just for the image too.... and he said nice things about my band.

I think he was replying to my post.

But I have to say... every band in Aberdeen, I am sure, are not in it just for the image like. We are all in bands for the same reasons, to play music and have fun, no matter what we look like.

exactly....

i know a few bands in the "scene" look ridiculous, just look at toxic distortion...ooocha.