aberdeen-music

Downfall

paranoid

Hog, trust me on this:

If you can't build up a fanbase or succeed in Aberdeen then you are fucked. Building up a fanbase in other cities is FAR harder.

Different cities don't actually have very different attitudes. The difference is that bigger/"better" cities get heaps of great bands so you'll seem worse/insignificant by comparison. If anything, you are lucky in Aberdeen because it is pretty big population-wise, but with the benefit of being well away from other cities - which highlights how little we get spoiled with lots of good bands compared to Glasgow/manchester/london.

Bonesaw and Uncalm aren't really that heavy or fast either. Both are good bands, but neither are exactly super extreme. Furthermore, the more extreme a band is, the LESS appeal they will have to the general music-loving population. So extremity isn't an issue. Also, both bands' fanbase (assuming they have one!), didn't appear from nowhere. They would have earned them either through hard work or simply by being objectively good - possibly both.

This post is in no way me trying to give a negative reflection of element 106. Not at all.

My point is that your band not having gigs full of people to see you is absolutely NOTHING to do with the people in Aberdeen or Aberdeen itself.

Well said, but what about Ablach? mwahaha. I jest. Spot on though!!

Element 106 has reinvented there own wheel how many times now? I can see Downfall sticking to there BLS "Guns" though.. what genre are you now Hog? hahaha You ken fine you'll get gigs in this town easily.. i have put on plenty other local acts outwith my own as support on shows i book. They have went down well and none of them have been particularly "extreme". Quality(in as every sense ye can) over Quantity. On that topic i might have a gig for you khunts... i'll be in touch.

Ugh

Uncalm aren't really that heavy or fast either. Both are good bands, but neither are exactly super extreme.
but but but.......we don't have a bassist. And neither do Pig Destroyer. Surely that makes us AMAZING!

Just kidding. If we have a fanbase it's becasue I'm a legend and have so many reputation points on aberdeen-music.com

Neither do Girls Aloud....

Although there are a lot of extreme things you could do to them.

Yeah, like put 2 coat-hangers up their nostrils, fuck them from behind while standing over a mirror, then yank the coat hangers really hard so that while they're receiving a dicking they can watch their own face tear open.

Thanks for the comments/info guys. I know that good songs (if we have them) is not enough.... Shame really because we shall never be able to tour a lot because of my job

Do you get holidays?

I usually take 3 weeks of my 4 week holiday allowance to tour each year. Then Scottish dates/tours can be done on weekdays if they're close enough, or weekends if they're futher away. Where there's a will there's a way!