aberdeen-music

Downfall

paranoid

Why in the name of all that is holy do these guys not have to turn people away from gigs? Aberdeen has got itself a passionate, exciting band, and no fucker turns up at gigs to see them. Even when there are other bands on the bill, they all fuck off before they go onstage.

I'll keep it short and sweet. Open up your minds, get off your arse and go see Downfall. They are a sound bunch of guys, they play from the heart and they rip it up. Luckily they are playing on Saturday in the Moorings, so it should be real easy to go see them.

I don't know about other gigs, but I'd hazard a guess that their stage time last night hindered them somewhat. I for one only managed to catch a few of their tunes due to the fact it was about 12am halfway through their set. I did quite enjoy them however- not exactly my sort of thing but they were tight.

Guest idol_wild
Yes, last night was a late one, but they have played heaps of gigs this year so far, and it certainly hasn't been stage times then.

Maybe they're not very good at promoting themselves and trying to generate some sort of fanbase.

Or maybe people who have seen them just didn't like them and have no inclination to see them again.

There are a number of quality local bands that float my boat, and I've seen them play to very small crowds too...and witnessed a lack of willingness for existing audiences to pay them any sort of attention. It's the way it goes, I guess.

Maybe they're not very good at promoting themselves and trying to generate some sort of fanbase.

As I was about to mention, I've never even heard of them. Perhaps they need to do a bit more to get people interested in them, you have to be really fucking good to rely solely on word of mouth.

However if they are as good as you say Paranoid, I'll try to check them out sometime.

Guest idol_wild
One post that sums up the music scene in Aberdeen..............

Yeah, and I'm sure you are a regular attendee of gigs involving indie, experimental electro, folk and pop bands.

Maybe instead of picking on individuals on here and claiming that the Aberdeen music scene is nonsense, you should befriend Downfall (if you haven't already) and offer to be their publicist/promoter/manager and develop a strategy to market them properly and gain a fanbase.

That would be the proactive thing to do.

One post that sums up the music scene in Aberdeen..............

What a ridiculous post. Why would I go out of my way to go and see a metal band when I'm not into metal?

I'm pretty certain this isn't just an Aberdeen thing either. Do you think the rest of the UK is some utopia where people flock from far and wide to go and see bands from genres they don't like? I'm pretty sure there are metal / punk / indie / whatever bands up and down the country wishing they could get a bigger crowd.

I might have still gone to check them out at some point, but I'm not going to now, and it'll be your fault. Run along now.

Yeah, and I'm sure you are a regular attendee of gigs involving indie, experimental electro, folk and pop bands.

Maybe instead of picking on individuals on here and claiming that the Aberdeen music scene is nonsense, you should befriend Downfall (if you haven't already) and offer to be their publicist/promoter/manager and develop a strategy to market them properly and gain a fanbase.

That would be the proactive thing to do.

Yeah, I do support other genres. I am a fan of folk music, travelled up to Orkney for the Folk Festival the last two years, already booked to go this year.

And yes, I have befriended Downfall and I plan to do whatever I can to help them, and a couple of other bands get a bit of the credit they deserve in this "scene".

Guest idol_wild
Yeah, I do support other genres. I am a fan of folk music, travelled up to Orkney for the Folk Festival the last two years, already booked to go this year.

And yes, I have befriended Downfall and I plan to do whatever I can to help them, and a couple of other bands get a bit of the credit they deserve in this "scene".

Good.

I expect to see plenty of posters and a tenacious online presence promoting Downfall in the near future, aswell as flyers being handed out to spread the word.

Downfall are a very good tight band, they are one of a few good bands kicking around aberdeen at the moment, that are doing something slightly differnt to the rest of the 'metal' bands. People need to realise that 'metal' is a wide genre with lots of avenues...

I for one am very excited about the music scene of aberdeen at the moment as I have witnessed a lot of good new bands on the go. I would say I am guilty of only really attending metal gigs, but I am sure there is equally a lot of good indie etc... bands out there.

My main issue is gig promotion is poop in aberdeen and I know persoanlly that the band(s) that ia m involved in are going to start a lot more of our promotion for gigs that we are involved in..

Anyway back to the topic of thos thread. Downfall are a good tight band that are wortha watch or listen... check em out.

they prob suffer from the same problem most bands do, they cant actually be arsed to get out and promote their band, so no one knows about them apart from their mates, your never going to pull a crowd like that. Like others have said, ive never heard of them so why would i go see them?

You being a cunt about it wont get more people through the door tho, infact you'll be doing more harm making the band look like they are associated with the dumb ass posts youve made in this thread.

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm going to help the band out more than anyone else in this thread so far.

Downfall on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Now if everyone can just separate the sillyness of this thread from the band themselves I dare you all to give them a chance.

P.S. I wasn't really worried about catching the band last night as I knew I could just see them on Saturday instead.

:up:

tbh ive gotten use to not seeing a crowd at the weekday tunnels gigs, it usualy ends up being bands playing to other bands, hell some bands dont even show up untill 10 mins before there set (infact come to mention it downfall where were u when we were on :p nah im just joking, but the point is you could pass the blame for "why aberdeen fails" around all day and not solve anything. anyway i think Downfall are a good band (and im sure theyl have no problems getting a crowd for a weekend gig at the moorings :D (o and last nigts line up shouldve defanetly bin a weekend gig, wouldve bin great)