aberdeen-music

Shane MacGowan in Aberdeen??

Trips

I had absolutely nothing to do with this gig , I got told by a mate of Shanes that it was going to happen and it did not, so get over it - yeah, it cost me time and money to get there, and it cost 3.00 for a pint, but it was thankfully close to The Lemon Tree, so I went to Hugh Cornwells gig and it was ace so I had a great time and didn't feel too hard done by .

Here's the latest from the paper...

Shane MacGowans Aberdeen gig cancelled - Evening Express

Aye whatever,

Well Biz, I was told The Rolling Stones will be playing Slanes Castle, Belmont Street next week. One of Keiths mates was telling me earlier tonight when I was in Torry.ha

See you there..oh and if you doubt davie the owner...he's gonna threaten legal action. grrr

This reminds me of when I was a kid and there was some shitey amature wrestling event on at the Music Hall. The Undertaker was 'set to appear' and it completely sold out. Of course you can imagine everyones horror when the Undertaker was actually some fat bloke with a wig.

I'm just glad that I didn't miss Shane though, I've become somewhat addicted to the Pogues in recent years and I know every song backwards.

• Upvote 1

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Seriously, what a fucking stupid stunt to pull. Why not make some genuine attempts at providing some entertainment, or some other ideas to pull punters in rather than making up a story that Shane McGowan "could" appear?

Ridiculous.

Guest idol_wild
Shame for those losing their jobs, apart from that, good. All's well that ends well.

Aww, c'mon now. You don't hate the Irish that much! ;)

When I was working at the Union the manager-to-be came in and took the piss out of all the bar staff and the manager of the union. We told him he probably wouldn't do very well considering the pubs location and he was just an asshole about the whole thing, laughed in our faces. I mean, if a student union isn't going to make any money in that location, how the hell is a generic, overpriced (apparently) Irish pub going to. The manager was a tosser.

When I was working at the Union the manager-to-be came in and took the piss out of all the bar staff and the manager of the union. We told him he probably wouldn't do very well considering the pubs location and he was just an asshole about the whole thing, laughed in our faces. I mean, if a student union isn't going to make any money in that location, how the hell is a generic, overpriced (apparently) Irish pub going to. The manager was a tosser.

I used to work at the Union as well, that was good times :up: Don't think it was at the same time as you though, I left a couple years ago.