aberdeen-music

Shane MacGowan in Aberdeen??

Trips

Got a text off my mate earlier tonight saying Shane and The Dubliners are playing at Fitzpatricks on Saturday night.

Not heard it anywhere else.

Can anyone confirm if it is happening?

Is that the Irish pub which replaced the Abdn Union (Pivo).

Always seems empty when I walk past. Perhaps this is a cunning ploy to round up some new trade?

I've heard this rumour too and would really like to know if it's true!

Fitzpatricks has the honour for me of being the "worst pint of lager in town" after I visited it last weekend. Just went in past on the way back into Castlegate from King Street Seriously, the worst pint ever. Flat, discoloured and tasted like lead. A poorly decorated and lifeless pub with more staff than punters as well.

Wouldnae care if Shane was appearing on Saturday, though!!!

I'm on the case now..................

Its been advertised all week on Original 106 so unless they are speaking shite i guess its going ahead this sat...

But the place is shite. If an Irish bar cant get rammed with Shane McGowen playing it, it should just close its doors now....

I say bring back Smart Alec's ;)

Ive just spoke to Darren and someone called Original Radio and claimed to be Shane's "Spiritual Advisor" from an Aberdeen number. He says that Shane is in America and flying to Dublin on Friday, and will be joined by 3 members of the Dubliners.

It seems that someone is trying to fool everyone by pretending its not happening, and could admin please delete his number from this site as he will take legal action

Thanks

This is NOT a hoax .

Shane and 3 of the The Dubliners will be playing in Aberdeen on Saturday 7th March 2009 at Fitzpatricks bar in Little John Street.

I spoke to Chiz from the Brogues - he is mates with Shane and said it is true.