aberdeen-music

Birthdays

My birthday is dawning upon me and I'm quite excited.

As its on my mind, I thought I'd ask whats your best/worst birthday for whatver reason, best presents, worst presents, etc

Hands down worst birthday was my sixteenth, when I was stabbed in my right arse cheek and bled all over the cubicle in Frankie and Bennies.

Delete this if this threads been done, but I couldn't find anything

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My worst birthday would have probably been my 17th- got jumped by a group of neds the day before which soured my mood somewhat. The best was most likely one at Kokos when I was little and under the impression that massive slides and ball-pits were the greatest things on earth. I was right.

Best birthday - my 30th about 13 of us went to Glasgow for Underworld, then went to Amsterdam for the ADE the Thursday after, really nice that people made the efffort felt well chuffed!!

Worst - 3 birthdays leading up to Friday 13th birthday (so tues 13th, wed 13th & thurs 13th) I had my phone stolen one year, lost my phone the next and then broke my foot on the thursday - the Friday 13th birthday was excellent tho!!

Share my birthday with - Muggie Thatcher, Sasha Baron Cohen, Paul Simon, Kelly Preston, Marie Osmond :)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
My birthday is dawning upon me and I'm quite excited.

As its on my mind, I thought I'd ask whats your best/worst birthday for whatver reason, best presents, worst presents, etc

Hands down worst birthday was my sixteenth, when I was stabbed in my right arse cheek and bled all over the cubicle in Frankie and Bennies.

Delete this if this threads been done, but I couldn't find anything

I think you should elaborate the story from your sixteenth.

Best/worst birthdays for me.. hmm 21st probably best - had a big ol' party that loads of folk came to and twas an ace night. 18th was a massive let down - went out in Aberdeen with just a few mates, on a Monday night, town was completely dead and we landed up in Po-Na-Na. There was one other group of girls there and none of us managed to get laid...

23rd was shit too - I hated turning 23 for some reason. I've never cared about my age, but turning 23 just felt really old. I'm 27 next week, and it ain't bothering me. Friday 13th - could all go horribly wrong...

Or brilliantly ?? I had a great birthday Fri 13th :) October - this was when the unlucky myth around the date arose 1307 (well the knights version anyway)....

You had a great birthday in 1307??? How old are you??

My 21st was awesome, I went to Tenerife with a bunch of mates and pretty much acted silly for a week. On my actual birthday we ended the night in this crap British bar. Allow me to set the scene: It was about the size and shape of the Moorings, maybe slightly smaller, and to get to the toilet you had to actually go outside and down this lane at the side of the bar, where there was just a little room round the back with one toilet cubicle and a sink in it.

Anyway as it was my birthday the DJ / PA guy made me drink all these horrible things and I knew I was going to vomit, so I literally ran out of the bar and down the lane towards the toilet. I got in and in one swift movement barged the cubicle door open and aimed my head towards the pan. Unfortunately, I realised only a split second too late that there was a girl actually sitting on the toilet with her pants down at the time. I actually face-butted her bare thighs before quickly retreating and puking in the sink. The poor girl was traumatised, she almost screamed the place down - imagine sitting having a piss in relative peace and quiet and then some drunk idiot batters the door open and almost pukes on your lap. She also screamed at me for not closing the door again (which she couldn't reach), but to be fair I was in a bit of a hurry.

The reasons for the stabbing are long, and unbelievable. To go into it in detail on the internet would certainly incriminate me and the person involved, though I must say it was a total accident.

The reasons for the stabbing are long, and unbelievable. To go into it in detail on the internet would certainly incriminate me and the person involved, though I must say it was a total accident.

Let's skip the faux resistance and cut straight to the goods.

...Please

You and your mate were snorting coke in the toilet cubicle.

You tried to slip him one.

He stabbed you in the arse cheek?

Haha - I was away to type something witty in the tags and had got as far as "nefarious" and a list of drop down options appeared, which have all obviously been typed previously. I urge you try it out...

My 21st and 22nd were equally as good for different reasons.

My 21st was just a group of my good friends who came round to my flat then to Exodus (and I got the best birthday present ever!).

For my 22nd I went to Dunfermline with a friend to see a band play and when we were having dinner in a pub Incubus came on (which surprised me because the place was full of old people - and they are my favourite band in the whole world).

Let down - my 18th. I don't drink so it wasn't exactly anything exciting.