aberdeen-music

Wind-up?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
oh man, i love when people do research

Northsound 1

ANGER OVER ABERDEEN PUNK BAND

There are calls for an Aberdeen punk band to be banned from playing live. They're called Wifebeater and they have songs like "Take That and That" and "Where's my bleeping Tea." They're currently on tour around Scotland, and Labour politicians are urging councils to stop them performing.

Ahaha - what a bunch of morons :)

I'm going to go home tonight and ask where my bleeping tea is.

Honestly some people are just so fecking stupid at times (or some folk are stupid all the time).

Fucks sake. This is ridiculous.

Love how the labour government are well into taking exceptions to individuals right now, regardless of actual legislation.

I recieved a phone call from someone who was contacted via Northsound 1, asking for a contact number from someone in Wifebeater... The person who contacted me for informed of the involvement of Labour SMP's. This is entirely real and beyond stupidity. I obviously passed no such number on.

What a strange little town this is. At best a band like this should be ignored just for being pathetic and childish. But no, Aberdeen, the great city of music, welcomes them with open arms. And the rest of the country probably thinks this is the best we have to offer.

And you can blah on about free speach all you like but thankfully it becomes a different legal issue, as does racism etc

I may start up a racist band in the vein of Skrewdriver etc but the only difference will be the fact we'd be ironic. I bet we'd go down a fucking storm here, you'd love us but still be able to tell mummy it's ok, I'm not racist, it's just a bit of fun. We could have our black mates with us and they'd all see the funny side and we'd all have a good laugh. Yeah, right.

Good riddance to a load of shite.

What a strange little town this is. At best a band like this should be ignored just for being pathetic and childish. But no, Aberdeen, the great city of music, welcomes them with open arms. And the rest of the country probably thinks this is the best we have to offer.

And you can blah on about free speach all you like but thankfully it becomes a different legal issue, as does racism etc

I may start up a racist band in the vein of Skrewdriver etc but the only difference will be the fact we'd be ironic. I bet we'd go down a fucking storm here, you'd love us but still be able to tell mummy it's ok, I'm not racist, it's just a bit of fun. We could have our black mates with us and they'd all see the funny side and we'd all have a good laugh. Yeah, right.

i think i speak for most on here when i say, fuck off you twat.

• Upvote 6

i think i speak for most on here when i say, fuck off you twat.

I would give you positive rep for this, but I just gave you negative on a different thread.

Shut up and make my fucking dinner.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty speechless about this. Are they going to ban Billy Connolly from coming into Aberdeen (speeding, probably) because he made jokes about Kenneth Bigley? They should probably take all the copies of Scream on DVD out of the city too - as far as I can remember, a women gets hit in that! By a man!

Oh now, this is hilarious.

You are all spouting on about Wifebeater being ill done by, they're entitled to their opinion etc etc. But then I dare to give a differing view to yours, I get jumped on. Very good, you've all done yourself proud and shown yourselves up to be nothing more than a bunch of small-minded bigots.

Oh now, this is hilarious.

You are all spouting on about Wifebeater being ill done by, they're entitled to their opinion etc etc. But then I dare to give a differing view to yours, I get jumped on. Very good, you've all done yourself proud and shown yourselves up to be nothing more than a bunch of small-minded bigots.

When your opinion is that free speech should be restricted, then of course we will. Cunt.