aberdeen-music

Wind-up?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Just picked up a message on the Cryspace from someone claiming to be Joe Odber from Northsound. The message said that 2 Labour politicians are trying to get Wifebeater banned from playing live due to the lyrics and there's going to be something about it on the radio tomorrow. I'\d say this has to be a wind-up but you know how stupid some people can be so does anyone know anything about it?

Well, if it is true, they cant do that. Free speech, I think, but may be wrong (and I'm aware this country has no first amendment)

Also, how would labour politicians come across your music?

yeah, oh well.

we split up tonight. for various reasons, not just for this.

we've got a split CD coming out soon w/ Bin Laden's Daughter and The Signal.

the last 13 months have been fun. cheers to secta rouge, swordmaster and chickenhawk. and anyone who liked our music.

Guest idol_wild

Jesus!

A small report just came on Northsound about this! Some stupid bint claimed "my understanding is that their music is not ironic."

Shame Wifebeater have split up - maybe you could have written a song about beating her up.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Jesus!

A small report just came on Northsound about this! Some stupid bint claimed "my understanding is that their music is not ironic."

Shame Wifebeater have split up - maybe you could have written a song about beating her up.

What a bunch of sad twats.

Wifebeater should reform and play some anti-Northsound gigs. And anti-women gigs or whatever.

Dedicate your band to a certain Northsound 1 DJ.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
this is quality, my mate just phoned to say that wifebeater were causing uproar amongst the ranks of the labour party as their music condoned domestic abuse..........................absolute quality!!! shame you guys have split up, never witnessed a live show

That's it. Wifebeater have to reform. This is absolutely brilliant :)

oh man, i love when people do research

Northsound 1

ANGER OVER ABERDEEN PUNK BAND

There are calls for an Aberdeen punk band to be banned from playing live. They're called Wifebeater and they have songs like "Take That and That" and "Where's my bleeping Tea." They're currently on tour around Scotland, and Labour politicians are urging councils to stop them performing.

Where the fuck did Jake go? Did Northsound capture him and steal his internet identity?!

I'd imagine "they" finally caught up with him. He's probably being executed in Bolivia as we speak.

This whole episode just goes to show what a diverse range of idiots there are in the world.