aberdeen-music

Shield Your Eyes + Pneu + Cap Sant! @ Cellar 35

Huw

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new jam WILL rock, joe. it can't fail!

i actually had a dream about the gig last night. the venue was much smaller than we'd all anticipated, so the drums were set up in one room, the bass in another, and the guitar in another next to that...and then we had to somehow coordinate how to start a song while people moved between the rooms. it didn't go very well and i was very unhappy :(

oh, ross - if you could you bring one of those USB things tomorrow that would be grand :rockon: !!!

i actually had a dream about the gig last night. the venue was much smaller than we'd all anticipated, so the drums were set up in one room, the bass in another, and the guitar in another next to that...and then we had to somehow coordinate how to start a song while people moved between the rooms. it didn't go very well and i was very unhappy :(!!!

Prima donna :p

final bump. Cap Sante! will be on first.

there'll be some records and CDs for sale from us aberdeen folks, including the Sante CDR, and hopefully some stuff from the two touring bands too. i advise people to bring money for the SYE albums. it's quality!

This was mint. Shield Your Eyes and Pneu were both silly good. Shame the poh-poh got involved. I would have thought loud music would have been covered by an entertainment license... Pneu should have just gone absolutely tits for about 5 minutes instead. Oh well. Still great.

Thanks Huw. You tha man!

DOWN WITH THE COPZ!

yeah, this was proper good. p.r.o.p.e.r.g.o.o.d. ! even though i stuffed toilet paper into my ears my left one is throbbing. still not happy with the way we sound - i really need to sort out my arms as they have a tendency to just...freeze up after one song, which ain't great! apologies for terrible crowd banter as well...man, it was just awful. shield your eyes were 'mazing. tots one of the best live bands i've seen in a while. drumming was insane! picked up the lp, so i'll spin it tomorrow. did anyone get the cd? if they did and could upload it somewhere, that would be rad - i need it for my mp3! pneu broke my ears. shame it got cut short as i was just getting into it! the lounge style song at the end was hilarioussss.

The chat was cracking as well. :)

exactly. smart gig with smart people for sure. someone said something about there not being much of a scene in aberdeen, but i reckon tonight kinda proved that wrong. even if there were, what, 25 or so folk there, it felt nice.

i spoke to the bar girl (becky?) at the end and she said we'd still be able to do gigs, maybe once a month? i guess that's alright. it's such a rad venue - the sye and pneu guys thought the same - so it would be a shame to lose it!

thanks again huw!

I got the CD Lindsay, purely because I get more chance to listen to my iPod than my record player. I was umming and ahhing about it for ages though. I will rip it it for you today.

Shield Your Eyes and Pneu both seemed to have some kind of Fugazi mind-reading thing going on. I think how in-sync they were was even more impressive than how skilled they are as musicians. I can't remember a single count-in to any of their songs. It was just a look and then BOOM! Slick

I got the CD Lindsay, purely because I get more chance to listen to my iPod than my record player. I was umming and ahhing about it for ages though. I will rip it it for you today.

Shield Your Eyes and Pneu both seemed to have some kind of Fugazi mind-reading thing going on. I think how in-sync they were was even more impressive than how skilled they are as musicians. I can't remember a single count-in to any of their songs. It was just a look and then BOOM! Slick

I forgot to buy a Shield Your Eyes CD on the way out :( Bums. I also forgot to ask Lindsay for a Cap Sante CD, Double Bums.

I definitely preffered SYE to Pneu but maybe if they'd got to play for longer (Pneu that is) it wouldn't have been so clear cut.

Cheers to Huw for putting it on. Shame about the cops, but these things happen sometimes.

Guest idol_wild

Good gig. It's refreshing to see people like Huw just book stuff they're into off their own backs and put the effort in. I'm glad you did it, squire.

Cap Sante sounded pretty neat. Glad to actually hear the vocals this time. Two gigs in and they sound that good. Few more gigs and they'll develop from very good to amazing, I think.

One observation: Alkaline and Original Spies must be twin brothers. Must be.

You'll probably both be offended by that.

The room smelt of absolute boy after about an hour, though. I hate the smell of boy.

Maybe someone should organise a gig of all girl bands so that the room smells of girl instead. The smell of girl is much nicer. Someone should book loads of riot girl bands, just to make the venue smell nice. That's all riot girl bands are good for, right?

Wow, that was quite a tangent to go off on.

I think I am still a bit drunk.

Last night was proper fun.Work is not!

Thought that the SYE song with the wee guitar was possible one of the best songs ive heard, ace.

Pneu sounded like they would be alright, I will however probably regret buyinng the CD

Cap santes new song was ace,kinda seemed they found what they should sound like with it.

Post gig might have been fun?, in jokes are fucking amazing!

Thanks to everybody for making the effort to come down, and Cap Sante! for playing for free, oh and rhona and ross for letting me ruin their kilau night for the sake of a poster. Really appreciate it. :)

I thought SYE were outstanding. all offensively good musicians. Stef seemed to be able to do more with 3 strings than i could dream of doing with 6+.not only that he was one of, if not the nicest man i've ever met through music. although, every one of them were thoughroughly decent blokes.

Pneu's set getting cut short was a total nightmare, although there seems to be nobody to blame! just one of those rotten things. arg! to betotally fair to Becky/ie she was still gonna consider Friday and Saturday night gigs and get back to me. they just to get the place properly sorted for gigs and it will be a totally smart venue.